The Student Room Group

should i tell my teacher i fancy him

NO - i am not looking for a relationship! aside from the fact its illegal, i wouldnt want him to be a paedo, and he's seventeen years older than me, he's married. i am not looking for trouble.

so basically, yes, i have a huge crush on my teacher. i am awful around him, i go bright red, i stutter, i make weird noises, i speak too fast. i cant even look at him. he makes me so nervous that when we had to do prep for an exam which involved 1-2-1, i didnt do any. i did a bit with another teacher who i get on with, but not very much. I struggled with the exam, but luckily i did OK :smile: i know it was stupid of me possibly sacrificing my education to avoid awkwardness, but that is how bad i am.

anyway, my teacher found out i did my prep with another teacher, and he's taken it...badly, sort of. because i try my hardest to avoid him and am so unsociable, its made it all worse. he called me back today, and asked me why i wouldnt speak to him! he thinks its because i dislike him, am scared of him, or think hes a crap teacher. he now wants to know what hes done wrong so he can 'fix it' because he likes me and doesnt want me to feel bad during his lessons :frown: :frown:

i feel awful! he was so nice and seemed upset, yet i could say nothing, just go red. i squeaked out 'i do like you' but i dont think he believed me. my q is - should i tell him i fancy him? i feel like he deserves the truth, and i cant stand him being sad. but im really scared to do it! i want no trouble, itll make things so awkward.

what should i do??? ahh!
No.
lol no. It'd make things worse. Something u have to live with. But control your emotions, otherwise they're controlling you. If you can manage that, you'll get far with whatever you do. Including dating.

Say if you need to see him about something, focus on that subject in particular. If all a sudden ur emotions get ahead of you, grab it in your hand, throw it on the floor and stamp on it (in your mind of course). You have more important things to be thinking about.

Don't be bothered about him being upset though. He's a grown man who has a lot more experience than you. He'll be fine.

Best thing to do though is just to talk to him casually LIKE A FRIEND. Nothing more. There's a girl who I seemed to like and she's only a year older but she's like a boss to me. However going out with her wouldn't seem... appropriate. No bigz! I don't mind because i'm happy being friends with her. But I respect her greatly. Might send her a friendly valentines day card some day! :smile:
No! Goodness me what a silly question. Definitely do not say that to him.
Reply 4
Oh dear god, no.
Stop being a prat and treat him like any other teacher! So he's hot, big deal? Think about him as just your teacher, it might get easier.

Latest

Trending

Trending