The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ykh24
Congrats to you too :smile: ! I'm nervous too, but glad that we have a while to prepare! I live in Derby so not too far to travel. You?

I'm comingfrom Doncaster but I know someone who lives near Derby so hopefully i'll be stopping there the night before.

Just an fyi for anyone thinking of trying out your maths skills for the first time since A-levels on the QTS website at midnight after a few drinks...don't. It does nothing to boost your confidence. Always bloody hated mental maths!
When this happened to me (the date for it was the day after I got my letter telling me when it was!), they did rearrange it. However, it was dependent on whether they had filled up all their places before my interview date
Original post by Rhiani-ani-on
Well mine finally got sent off this week!

Subject: Secondary Drama PGCE
Choices: Aber, UWIC, Birmingham, Devon SCITT
Date Sent: 8/11/11

Got an email today from Aber saying they had recieved my application. Waiting for the welcome pack from GTTR.

I've got a question for you guys, I'm guessing people who have applied before might be able answer the best, but does anybody know what happens if you are offered an interview and can't make the date? Can you get it changed? I'm just getting paraniod that if I am offered an interview it will be when I have an exam or something and I have quite far to travel!

x
Reply 182
Original post by masamune1989
Yeah i rung them too, she said feel free to contact the providers though and see what they say. I did and found out I have an interview!

I just logged onto Track - out of habit, I didn't have any emails saying it was updated - and found the decision had changed to Interview and it has the date up there too! 15th December! So presumably a letter about that is on its way.

:smile: :smile: Although now will start getting nervous about the interview!
Course: PGCE Primary
Uni: Goldsmiths and UEL
Date: 4th November

Not heard anything yet :frown:
I can't log into Track yet :'( boohooooooo I need my Track addiction!!!
Reply 185
Just got my welcome letter and track info. Now I am going to be stalking track all the time as well. So not good. Really hope I get an interview!!
Original post by Kaystar
I just logged onto Track - out of habit, I didn't have any emails saying it was updated - and found the decision had changed to Interview and it has the date up there too! 15th December! So presumably a letter about that is on its way.

:smile: :smile: Although now will start getting nervous about the interview!

Congrats! Im just on my way out to buy a new suit and what not to start preparing, although I should really be concerned with the lesson on the scramble for Africa im teaching on Wednesday with some year 13s.... haha priorities and all that!
Reply 187
I have an interview for Durham Secondary English next week. I'm absolutely terrified. If anyone has any advice I would much appreciate it!
Original post by katielou20
Course: PGCE Primary
Uni: Goldsmiths and UEL
Date: 4th November

Not heard anything yet :frown:

I've applied to UeL too :biggrin:
Anyone heard from university of Leeds yet? I sent my application as soon as the GTTR opened and still not heard anything. My second choice, Edgehill are giving out interviews so I'm getting a bit worried and very impatient!
Had my first choice interview this week; glad it's out of the way, but it was tough. I don't think that it went particularly well. I've also had a change of heart on my second choice (mainly because I don't think I'll get my first choice now :frown: ) So, I just called the GTTR and they substituted my second choice for me:

PGCE Primary.
First choice: Roehampton.
Second choice: Goldsmiths.

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by doingmybest
Had my first choice interview this week; glad it's out of the way, but it was tough. I don't think that it went particularly well. I've also had a change of heart on my second choice (mainly because I don't think I'll get my first choice now :frown: ) So, I just called the GTTR and they substituted my second choice for me:

PGCE Primary.
First choice: Roehampton.
Second choice: Goldsmiths.

Good luck everyone :smile:

I considered applying to Roehampton but a friend who applied last year put me off the interview process! Was it really that bad?? I was quite worried about the prospect of the test..... but i guess i'll have to do that anywhere!
Good luck and well done on getting the interview
Reply 192
Subject: Secondary English
Choices: KCL, IoE, Goldsmiths and Sussex

Applied at the beginning of October and have an interview at KCL in a week and a half. A little nervous, but trying not to be - nervousness is not productive or useful for me!
Original post by *Interrobang*
When this happened to me (the date for it was the day after I got my letter telling me when it was!), they did rearrange it. However, it was dependent on whether they had filled up all their places before my interview date

Thanks for letting me know!

Well I heard from them last night and have an interview on the 15th dec, luckily I am free that day!

x
Original post by Daftdonkey
Subject: PGCE Primary
Universities: University of Leicester and University of Warwick
Date Sent: 31st October

Good luck everyone! Anyone else applying to Leicester or Warwick?

:smile:

I've applied to Leicester - PGCE Secondary Citizenship :smile:
So, my Track tells me that the UEL Primary course is full and I'm being considered by LSBU now. I've gone into the course search on GTTR and it's showing that UEL has vacancies :mad:
I've just logged onto track and I have an interview :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
For PGCE Upper Primary at University of Leicester on 5th December - anyone else got one on that day?
:smile:
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
So, my Track tells me that the UEL Primary course is full and I'm being considered by LSBU now. I've gone into the course search on GTTR and it's showing that UEL has vacancies :mad:

It may not update that automatically - phone and ask?
Anyone actually doing PGCE Primary at CCCU? I haven't found anyone yet haha!
Ah just been offered an interview next tuesday (22nd) for Worcester (primary) :eek: Was checking track as i've been doing far too much lately, havent had an email or a letter yet. Very nervous!! Any advice/anybody else had an interview at worcester?