The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

I'm starting late

Hey Im moving in to halls this weekend as i got pneumonia just before freshers so now ive missed out on loads of stuff and am nervous now about going into groups that are already two weeks formed...
I don't know what to do really, any help please?
Reply 1
It uis not too late to join any societies that you may be interested in. Do you like any particular sports, play an instrument or have an interst in,say, gaming. All have socs whihc would still love to see you.And, of course, you can tell your hall mates where you have been
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Marc11
Hey Im moving in to halls this weekend as i got pneumonia just before freshers so now ive missed out on loads of stuff and am nervous now about going into groups that are already two weeks formed...

Start talking to people and trying to make friends, get to know your neighbours, join the societies you fancy joining and start chatting to people going in and coming out of lectures, seminars, workshops etc.

Alternatively go and meet the guy who posted on here about going out for a beer.

Plenty of options, you just need to swallow nerves.
Reply 3
Original post by Marc11

Original post by Marc11

You will be fine.

I'm still meeting so many people that I didn't even know existed. Also only realised that one of the people I've been talking to a lot actually only lives downstairs as well :facepalm2:

Have fun :h: Which halls are you in?
Original post by natty_d
You will be fine.

I'm still meeting so many people that I didn't even know existed. Also only realised that one of the people I've been talking to a lot actually only lives downstairs as well :facepalm2:

Have fun :h: Which halls are you in?

I was in your hall last night (unless you're in Lenton and Wortley...)
Reply 5
Original post by cunningstunt87

I was in your hall last night (unless you're in Lenton and Wortley...)

Which halls were you at? :ninja:
Original post by natty_d
Which halls were you at? :ninja:

All of them, on a campus 14
Reply 7

I live at SPC :awesome:

Where did you think I live? :holmes:
Original post by natty_d
I live at SPC :awesome:

Where did you think I live? :holmes:

I assumed you were on University Park :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Reply 9

I assumed you were on University Park :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:no:
Reply 10

Ahhh but you missed one.
Original post by olddad
Ahhh but you missed one.

We missed 2 actually as the Den was shut. Compensated for it in Mooch though!
Reply 12
We missed 2 actually as the Den was shut. Compensated for it in Mooch though!

My lad threw up in Mooch after his last exam last year. Unfortunately, he had to go back the next day to get his keys which he had left behind!
Original post by olddad
My lad threw up in Mooch after his last exam last year. Unfortunately, he had to go back the next day to get his keys which he had left behind!

We've all been there.

I slipped once towards the end of my first year, whilst absolutely smashed in there, and done my knee in. That was on a campus 14. Hampered my dancing skills that night!!
Just as an aside, I am hoping to be person who starts this year the latest. I am a couple of weeks late so far, and as of yet I have no inclination of going back to Nottingham.
Reply 15
to be honest, the people already there will probably be happy to have a new face after hanging out with everyone else 24/7 for the last couple of weeks. not that they'll be bored of them after 2 weeks, i don't mean that, but i'm sure it'll be a case of the more the merrier!

Quick Reply