Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Really hate a compulsory module, what can be done?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a second year student studying Economic History, and most of my modules, particularly the ones I picked, I really enjoy. However, there's one that is just so awful, EH220. Even from before I had the first lecture, it sounded boring as hell but I thought I would give it a chance. The lecture was terrible and I've had a look at the reading list and all the topics on moodle and there is literally not one aspect of the course I find interesting.

The problem is, this course is compulsory for straight Economic History. I have no idea why, because it's not a pre-requisite course for any 3rd year modules or anything, so do you think if I talk it over with my academic advisor, he would let me substitute it for another EH2XX module?

Last year, I also did EC102 and MA100, but I did quite badly and just about passed both of them, but right now I would rather switch to Economic History with Economics and do EC201 because I would find that a lot more interesting and put more effort into it than I would EH220.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Suck it up.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celebretty)
    I'm a second year student studying Economic History, and most of my modules, particularly the ones I picked, I really enjoy. However, there's one that is just so awful, EH220. Even from before I had the first lecture, it sounded boring as hell but I thought I would give it a chance. The lecture was terrible and I've had a look at the reading list and all the topics on moodle and there is literally not one aspect of the course I find interesting.

The problem is, this course is compulsory for straight Economic History. I have no idea why, because it's not a pre-requisite course for any 3rd year modules or anything, so do you think if I talk it over with my academic advisor, he would let me substitute it for another EH2XX module?

Last year, I also did EC102 and MA100, but I did quite badly and just about passed both of them, but right now I would rather switch to Economic History with Economics and do EC201 because I would find that a lot more interesting and put more effort into it than I would EH220.
    try taking AC100 and then you'd know the true meaning of "terrible"
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why do you hate EC220? I'm starting Economics & Economic History this year, and from the title I thought it would have been interesting enough.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Count yourself lucky that you can choose other modules.
    Cant choose what i want to do on my course or placement areas!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 12, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.