Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best UK network for the iPhone 4S

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I am about to pre order an iPhone 4S (32GB) on something that offers 300 minutes a month and 500MB data and I was wondering what network would be the best one to order it from, considering quality, coverage, customer service, monthly plans, etc.

Any ideas on this?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sergioib)
    I am about to pre order an iPhone 4S (32GB) on something that offers 300 minutes a month and 500MB data and I was wondering what network would be the best one to order it from, considering quality, coverage, customer service, monthly plans, etc.

Any ideas on this?
    From the deals that are released

3 mobile provides the best value by far imho. The only thing is they only do 24 month contracts and their customer service seems to be awful i am told and you most often than not speak to somebody in China:eek:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyvine)
    From the deals that are released

3 mobile provides the best value by far imho. The only thing is they only do 24 month contracts and their customer service seems to be awful i am told and you most often than not speak to somebody in China:eek:
    Customer service is not that bad and it's mainly from someone in India.

I've never had major problems with them though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What about coverage? People seem to think Vodafone has the best coverage in the UK, is that true? Has anyone on Three had any coverage problems?

They offer 1GB data, which is really good, and for less money than other networks.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    What about coverage? People seem to think Vodafone has the best coverage in the UK, is that true? Has anyone on Three had any coverage problems?

They offer 1GB data, which is really good, and for less money than other networks.
    Vodafone's coverage is Godawful. I have no signal at my house or my mum's house or anywhere in the village practically. Had to buy a suresignal just so my phone was usable. right waste of time.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

It depends where you are tbh but 02 are probs the best overall.

Vodafone is supposed to be pretty good as well. I am not too sure about 3 but i heard they are pretty decent.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I guess as for Vodafone it depends on where you are, I don't think that they should have any problems in the London area...

Any more comments on Three?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    3 is the cheapest normally but they're awful. Send a text, they'll get it in 3 hours.

I'm with O2, really good if you like O2 to O2 calling and home broadband deal.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nalced)
    3 is the cheapest normally but they're awful. Send a text, they'll get it in 3 hours.

I'm with O2, really good if you like O2 to O2 calling and home broadband deal.
    o2 also had better coverage. I couldn't believe someone tried to sell me a vodafone contract despite the fact that I only get coverage in my house but the rest of the town is weak, what on earth?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the area your in - when I was living with my parents, tmobile was completely rubbish. But now, in my halls down south, tmobile is superb! It doesn't matter at all what phone you have, well, unless you have a phone without a receiver!

Check Mobile Coverage for the reception strength in your area.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    this thread is just going to be a subjective mess with everyone saying that their network is the best/worst. i had a three contract even before i began to work for three and i have to say that it's an awesome network to be on. constantly expanding and covers lots of the UK population. the deals are by far better than other networks and the customer service (yes based in mumbai) can be VERY helpful. of course there's geographically areas of poor signal but its the same with every network. pop into a store and they can check your signal by postcode. internet speeds are brilliant too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd try giffgaff. £10 a month gets 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data, using 02's spectrum, which i've found pretty reliable in the past. http://giffgaff.com/

Edit, think i've misunderstood what you want here. if you want to buy the phone on contract rather than having an unlocked phone, i'd try Tesco mobile. £25 a month gets 250 minutes, unlimited texts 1GB data a month, using O2's spectrum. It says 1GB on the Tesco contract and webpage, but in my experience, it's pretty much unlimited, i used about 2.5GB of data a month on my iPhone 4, and i've never been charged extra.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

don't buy vodafone, there are nasty people who refuse to pay tax, go for 02 or t-mobile or orange, all have decent coverage, 02 is probably the best.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 9, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.