The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Speleo
Everything that goes wrong is Tony Blair's fault, he's the new Jews!

Now I get it! :rolleyes:
Reply 21
Speleo
You don't get a fair trial for thoughtcrime, you get tortured and shot in the back of the head, read the goddamn book before likening Labour to 'the Party'.

Actually you dissapear, records are modifed, you never existed.

i have read the book, and society is well on its way to reaching the totalitarian state but it isnt there yet.

The Labour party are responsible for many of the advances towards the totalitarian state and i don't like them for that.

Will Blair use the Parliment act to force us to have Identity Cards?
Reply 22
Actually you dissapear, records are modifed, you never existed.

i have read the book, and society is well on its way to reaching the totalitarian state but it isnt there yet.

The Labour party are responsible for many of the advances towards the totalitarian state and i don't like them for that.

Will Blair use the Parliment act to force us to have Identity Cards?

You think that Labour will delete all records of Nick Griffin's existence?

You say you're not drunk, so you're probably just a plain ol' crazy.
Reply 23
Speleo

he's just not been taking his medication, i'm sure it will be fine once the men in white coats realise.
Reply 24
Speleo

No i was making refernce to the book 1984. Perhaps if you had read the previous posts you might of realsed that.
Reply 25
No i was making refernce to the book 1984. Perhaps if you had read the previous posts you might of realsed that.

You likened Nick Griffin's trial to a thoughtcrime trial in 1984, I pointed out that it was nothing of the sort.
Speleo
You're trying to start a reasonable debate about why Labour are killing Britain?

You're not even a little tipsy?
Speleo, hello again. Why the adHom?

Lotsa folk would say Britain is a country with a rare tradition of civil liberties, and that political and religious freedoms are one of the essential qualities which make Britain recognisably Britain. Recent moves by new labour and several examples of police aggression suggest a trend toward curtailing some very dearly held rights and freedoms that some of us, or at least me, consider our birthright as free Englishmen. That's the debate. Join it... :smile:
Reply 27
ArthurOliver

Lotsa folk would say Britain is a country with a rare tradition of civil liberties, and that political and religious freedoms are one of the essential qualities which make Britain recognisably Britain. Recent moves by new labour and several examples of police aggression suggest a trend toward curtailing some very dearly held rights and freedoms that some of us, or at least me, consider our birthright as free Englishmen. That's the debate. Join it... :smile:

Yes Arthur, as free Englishmen, regardless of skin colour. Hehe.
Reply 28

It was a ridiculous badly thought-out post and experience tells me that the creators of such threads don't respond to reason.

Lotsa folk would say Britain is a country with a rare tradition of civil liberties, and that political and religious freedoms are one of the essential qualities which make Britain recognisably Britain. Recent moves by new labour and several examples of police aggression suggest a trend toward curtailing some very dearly held rights and freedoms that some of us, or at least me, consider our birthright as free Englishmen. That's the debate. Join it...

You're saying that we deserve rights largely because we're English?
Reply 29
Speleo
Everything that goes wrong is Tony Blair's fault, he's the new Jews!
:rofl:

I'm not happy about the curtailing of civil liberties and I'm not happy about Griffin's trial.
Hi David, there aren't any non-White Es.

Speleo, I think that we have a right to a community of generations. To hope to inherit from our forebears what is good, and cherish it, and pass it on to our children.
Reply 31

Speleo, I think that we have a right to a community of generations. To hope to inherit from our forebears what is good, and cherish it, and pass it on to our children.

Sucks for those with, more modest, ancestors, eh? Especially since a person has no control over the actions of his forebearers.
Reply 32
ArthurOliver

My grandfather is Armenian-Iranian. I'm "white". I was born in England and identify entirely as English, in fact until recently when I delved further into academia I hadn’t even considered my heritage to be anything else, I was simply English. My friend is half-Scottish, half-Italian, born in England identifies as English, is he an Englishman? My ex-girlfriend was born in Ireland, to Irish parents, moved to England when she was 2 months old, has an English accent and considers herself English. Is she English?

As long as the citizens respect and embrace the English way of life, then why can’t they be Englishmen? Half of Yorkshire has significant Danish ancestry, often with great grandparents who were Danish, are they English?
Reply 33
teehar
there is a reason why Quran's should not be translated. learn arabic and then you will gain the true knowledge of the Quran.

A translation should be sufficient enough to get a general idea of its content. :confused:
Jacques Derrida
My grandfather is Armenian-Iranian. I'm "white". I was born in England and identify entirely as English, in fact until recently when I delved further into academia I hadn’t even considered my heritage to be anything else, I was simply English. My friend is half-Scottish, half-Italian, born in England identifies as English, is he an Englishman? My ex-girlfriend was born in Ireland, to Irish parents, moved to England when she was 2 months old, has an English accent and considers herself English. Is she English?

As long as the citizens respect and embrace the English way of life, then why can’t they be Englishmen? Half of Yorkshire has significant Danish ancestry, often with great grandparents who were Danish, are they English?
Yes, even Yorkshiremen are English by my reckoning, tho' not always by their own. So are you. The other examples would usually self-describe their ethnicity as Irish and Scots-Italian, their nationality as British. I wouldn't say they were English, if they are then the English don't exist.

Hi Speleo. Your earlier decision to throw into the thread a reference to anti-semitism and your implication of supremacist reasoning on my part in your last post are unwarranted and unhelpful. They have no bearing and only shed light on your own prejudices and emotional imbalances. It's d&d, but it ought to be goodwilled, on-topic, and reason-based.
Reply 35
Hi Speleo. Your earlier decision to throw into the thread a reference to anti-semitism and your implication of supremacist reasoning on my part in your last post are unwarranted and unhelpful. They have no bearing and only shed light on your own prejudices and emotional imbalances. It's d&d, but it ought to be goodwilled, on-topic, and reason-based.

If you can think of another famous scapegoat, I'll change the post for you. But doesn't objecting to me saying that reek of political correctness?

p.s. judging someone based on their ancestors rather than their own qualities is prejudice.
Speleo
If you can think of another famous scapegoat, I'll change the post for you. But doesn't objecting to me saying that reek of political correctness?

p.s. judging someone based on their ancestors rather than their own qualities is prejudice.
The scapegoats for all things in todays public conversation are either the White race, or Western Civilisation, or, more recently, Islam.
Reply 37
OK, I'll accept that 'America' or 'Terrorists' are common scapegoats, but the sentence doesn't flow as nicely. I will change if you want me to though.
Speleo
OK, I'll accept that 'America' or 'Terrorists' are common scapegoats, but the sentence doesn't flow as nicely. I will change if you want me to though.
I think you should edit/delete all your posts about nationalist and race issues to conform to the correct view. Mine. Hur-hur.
Reply 39
I'm curious about the topic title - you seem to be suggesting that labour is eroding our security and freedom - but I thought that the whole point of the terror laws, identity cards and other 'erosion of freedoms' was to increase security...

Latest

Trending

Trending