The Student Room Group

Engineering Freshers 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by pramit1288
Wel Thank you so much alex...:smile:
Would just like to ask you or want you to share some facts if you can.... So that I can be the most certain.. Please help meee again!!! :smile:

Well I can tell you that Manchester is an absolutely great place to live. If you do end up going there apply for the cosmopolitan accommodation ! It's great and brand new !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know what the UCL graduate prospects are like, and/or industry links for chemical engineering? If anyone is currently studying there, could you tell me what it is like?
Reply 562
Original post by lollage123
Anyone know what the UCL graduate prospects are like, and/or industry links for chemical engineering? If anyone is currently studying there, could you tell me what it is like?

You can always have a look at the Unistats data, but I doubt if they are 100% accurate :rolleyes:
Reply 563
Hi, im applying for aerospace engineering ive recieved offers from the following uni's:
University of Bath (A*AA) MEng
University of Southampton (A*AA)MEng
University of surrey (ABB) BEng
University of Bristol (AAB) MEng -> course was changed to EEE (electrical and electronic engineering)
University of Sheffield (ABB) MEng

Predicted grade: Physics (A) Further maths(A) Maths (A*)

i need help i dont really know what university to firm and insure HELP PLEASE!
Reply 564
Original post by Raph132
Hi, im applying for aerospace engineering ive recieved offers from the following uni's:
University of Bath (A*AA) MEng
University of Southampton (A*AA)MEng
University of surrey (ABB) BEng
University of Bristol (AAB) MEng -> course was changed to EEE (electrical and electronic engineering)
University of Sheffield (ABB) MEng

Predicted grade: Physics (A) Further maths(A) Maths (A*)

i need help i dont really know what university to firm and insure HELP PLEASE!

Southampton is a great choice for aerospace and generally mechanical related engineering :smile: So I would put Southampton as a firm choice and Sheffield (how come you got such a low offer for it? :O ), which is also really good as an insurance one :smile:
Reply 565
Original post by alexkol
Southampton is a great choice for aerospace and generally mechanical related engineering :smile: So I would put Southampton as a firm choice and Sheffield (how come you got such a low offer for it? :O ), which is also really good as an insurance one :smile:

sorry i meant BEng :tongue: thats why the offer is low
thank you for your opinion it really helps :smile:
Reply 566
Original post by Raph132
sorry i meant BEng :tongue: thats why the offer is low
thank you for your opinion it really helps :smile:

Hmm..it doesn't really matter that much, as you can transfer anytime to the MEng course, provided you have good grades (usually 50-55%).
Original post by alexkol

I've also got an offer from Southampton but for mechanical engineering. When I went to the post offer day I was really disappointed, they focused almost purely on aero students. In fact I didn't see a current mech eng student for the whole day. They showed us no relevant labs and showed us projects that the aero and ship science students did, but nothing to do with mechanical. I know they have a good reputation but I mean seriously, it was bad.
Reply 568
Original post by Vip3rgt9
I've also got an offer from Southampton but for mechanical engineering. When I went to the post offer day I was really disappointed, they focused almost purely on aero students. In fact I didn't see a current mech eng student for the whole day. They showed us no relevant labs and showed us projects that the aero and ship science students did, but nothing to do with mechanical. I know they have a good reputation but I mean seriously, it was bad.

hmmm...ok, I wasn't aware of that. What is happening is that many department focus for their research in some parts of Mechanical engineering, either Medical, Automotive, Aero, etc, so i guess that was the case with Southampton.

Quick Reply

Latest