The Student Room Group

Engineering Freshers 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know of any universities asking for ABB in Civil Engineering for BEng or MEng?

Other than Nottingham, Loughborough and Swansea?

Thank. :smile:
Reply 101
I'm having so much trouble picking my five uni's. I want to study Civil Engineering, and I'd like to move out of London.

I visited Sheffield and it looked like a good place and the department was very nice. But this only the first uni I have visited, so I have nothing really to compare it to.

My predicted grades are AAB, so Sheffield/Southampton/Any other AAA uni is my top 'ambitious' choice.

I'm definitely picking Nottingham (ABB). I need to decide between Cardiff/Newcastle/Leeds/Birmingham for my AAB uni's, and a nice insurance of BBB/BBC (Liverpool/Brunel/N.Trent)

It's so hard to make these decisions, especially when my 6th form is rushing us to apply by the end of this month.
Reply 102
Mechanical Meng applicant here, applying to:

Bath (Conditional offer already :smile:)
Bristol
Oxford
Imperial
Exeter

Got AAAAAB at AS and predicted A*A*A*A*A (including General Studies, which nobody cares about...)
Reply 103
Original post by Eggbloke

Bristol
Oxford
Imperial
Exeter

Got AAAAAB at AS and predicted A*A*A*A*A (including General Studies, which nobody cares about...)

JESUS!! I mean well done getting 5 As and a B but seriously? six a levels? wow well well done then
General/Mechanical at:
Cambridge, Warwick, Southampton, Surrey and Loughborough.
Has anyone had replies/offers yet?
Reply 105
Original post by Eggbloke

Bristol
Oxford
Imperial
Exeter

Im a mech eng applicant for Bath, and I havent already got an offer.... they asked for proof of my qualifications instead!!! (Im post a level applicant 5A*s).

As if they thought I was lying about my grades!

Also, has anybody got any good engineering interview questions?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by lekha2611
General/Mechanical at:
Cambridge, Warwick, Southampton, Surrey and Loughborough.
Has anyone had replies/offers yet?

woo, one more for cambridge and Loughborough :smile: , which college aer you going for at Cam??
Original post by DarrenDM
I'm having so much trouble picking my five uni's. I want to study Civil Engineering, and I'd like to move out of London.

I visited Sheffield and it looked like a good place and the department was very nice. But this only the first uni I have visited, so I have nothing really to compare it to.

My predicted grades are AAB, so Sheffield/Southampton/Any other AAA uni is my top 'ambitious' choice.

I'm definitely picking Nottingham (ABB). I need to decide between Cardiff/Newcastle/Leeds/Birmingham for my AAB uni's, and a nice insurance of BBB/BBC (Liverpool/Brunel/N.Trent)

It's so hard to make these decisions, especially when my 6th form is rushing us to apply by the end of this month.

I don't know if leicester does Civil engineering but they are a good BBB university for Mech Eng. Also maybe look at Warwick?
Reply 108
Original post by DarrenDM

Sorry to have to tell you this but you might want to check Nottingham again as i'm applying there also for the BEng and they have only recently (past couple of weeks) put the requirement up to AAB. I would also consider Exeter and Loughborough as they are both great unis and only ask for ABB. Good luck with your application! :smile:

Source: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/courses/mechanicalmaterialsandmanufacturingengineering/beng-mechanical-engineering.aspx
Reply 109
Seas,
I'm applying to:

Glasgow Mech Eng + Aero (conditional offer)
Surrey Planetary Exploration (conditional offer)
Edinburgh Mech Eng
Southampton Aero/Astro
Cambridge

:smile:
Mechanical at
Cambridge
Imperial
UCL
Warwick
Durham
Anyone applying gor aero / mech eng at imperial heard any news yet?
Reply 112
EEE at:
Imperial
Imperial + management
UCL
Bath
Warwick

anybody applying to EEE??
anybody takin the IB diploma??
Original post by kurovalte
woo, one more for cambridge and Loughborough :smile: , which college aer you going for at Cam??

Murray Edwards - and yourself?
Reply 114
Original post by Stratocaster3
Anyone know of any universities asking for ABB in Civil Engineering for BEng or MEng?

Other than Nottingham, Loughborough and Swansea?

Thank. :smile:

Exeter and Cardiff are both ABB for the BEng and I think Oxford Brookes is ABB for the MEng if your interested. :smile:
Reply 115
Original post by lekha2611
Murray Edwards - and yourself?

clare :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by Futurism
Exeter and Cardiff are both ABB for the BEng and I think Oxford Brookes is ABB for the MEng if your interested. :smile:

Going to Oxford Brookes must be horrible.

All those "Better than you" Oxford people around :P
Original post by kurovalte
clare :smile:

Ohh, so do you have to take the TSA then? I'm so glad I don't have to :smile:
Anyone got any offers yet?
Reply 119
Got an offer for Integrated Mechanical and Electrical from Bath today. So happy

Quick Reply

Latest