The Student Room Group

I need help- there's this guy I like.. please.

So I've been at uni a year and basically last year when I started uni I kinda liked this guy, he seemed shy and I was shy so I didn't do anything about it, anyway I stupidly ended up with his friend who told me when I got together with him that both he and his friend had both liked me. Anyway so I stayed with that guy who turned out to treat me like complete crap.
Basically I have always still liked the other guy, I don't know if he still likes me, but I'm way too shy to do anything about it. People say it's obvious he does. But tbh I really doubt it. Sorry about my waffling. I saw him at Uni the other day and he always give me a smile, and hes always close to me when we are out on nights out. What do I do? Should I just move on?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been at uni a year and basically last year when I started uni I kinda liked this guy, he seemed shy and I was shy so I didn't do anything about it, anyway I stupidly ended up with his friend who told me when I got together with him that both he and his friend had both liked me. Anyway so I stayed with that guy who turned out to treat me like complete crap.
Basically I have always still liked the other guy, I don't know if he still likes me, but I'm way too shy to do anything about it. People say it's obvious he does. But tbh I really doubt it. Sorry about my waffling. I saw him at Uni the other day and he always give me a smile, and hes always close to me when we are out on nights out. What do I do? Should I just move on?

I'm pretty shy too, and I'd say he likes you.
Reply 2
Original post by jardantuan
I'm pretty shy too, and I'd say he likes you.

I just can't see him liking me after going out with his friend. But then I don't know if he knows how much I like him.. I have liked him for over a year. He surely deserves better than that.
Reply 3
Also they aren't friends anymore.. realised how much of an idiot he was.
Seems like he likes you, just go for it. Whats the worst that can happen?
Reply 5
Original post by Boogaloo_Shrimp
Seems like he likes you, just go for it. Whats the worst that can happen?

I don't know how to go about doing it though? I rarely see him around.
Reply 6
Do you have his number/facebook/some way of contacting him? Just ask him if he wants to go for a drink sometime, and go from there :smile:
Reply 7
its a bad idea going out with a friends friend but you did say they have fallen out.

If he still does like you and you know it, then perhaps one course of action is to just go up to him (preferably alone) and say to him " hey XYZ, im doing this at (a place/activity/w,e) and then continue with "want to tag along with me?"

bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt.
I don't know how to go about doing it though? I rarely see him around.

So when you do see him, take the opportunity and say hi. Depends how much you like him; you've heard from his mate that he likes you and hes giving you the signs so now you have the power to make it happen :smile:
Reply 9
I don't have his number.. I feel a bit too shy to not speak to him unless I'm drunk. But then alcohol isn't helpful :/ Too complicated.
Reply 10
I guess it was silly me posting this, but I don't have the guts to speak to him.
You should still do it, regardless of how scared you may be. You'll miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take, so you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying.
Reply 12
You should still do it, regardless of how scared you may be. You'll miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take, so you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying.

I cant :frown:
I cant :frown:

Trust me - you can. The more you tell yourself you can't do it, the harder it'll be when you try. Just think about what things would be like if it works - imagine how happy you'd be. Then when you do speak to him, think about how happy you'd be. You have literally nothing to lose - from what you've told us, I'd say he likes you anyway, but even if he doesn't, he'd still be flattered that you think of him that way.

For your own benefit, just grit your teeth and do it. You'll feel so much better when you do :smile:
Trust me - you can. The more you tell yourself you can't do it, the harder it'll be when you try. Just think about what things would be like if it works - imagine how happy you'd be. Then when you do speak to him, think about how happy you'd be. You have literally nothing to lose - from what you've told us, I'd say he likes you anyway, but even if he doesn't, he'd still be flattered that you think of him that way.

For your own benefit, just grit your teeth and do it. You'll feel so much better when you do :smile:

Well OP you have a choice; either stop thinking about the guy and move on because you won't approach him, or actually approach him, say hi, start a short conversation and end up becoming his friend, which might progress into a relationship. :rolleyes:

For all you know that guy might be on here asking for similar advice about a girl he likes, and that he's too shy to approach her...
Reply 15
Pretty much know he doesnt like me.. he seems a bit shallow about weight.. and I can't say I'm perfect. So choice is to move on.
Reply 16
would u rather not ask him and it turns out hes mr right,
or ask him and it falls through =]
Reply 17
Original post by gingerben
would u rather not ask him and it turns out hes mr right,
or ask him and it falls through =]

I pretty much know he doesn't like me though.

hi am emillie from cameroon if you love him go on and say it to him.if he loves you he will understand ok bye

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending