The Student Room Group

Baltic Partnership

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frankayak
As Chairman of the Partnership I call on Members and Associate Members to vote for or against the proposal... the end of which will result on an application to the General Assembly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Voting
Latvia YES
Finland YES

Why not just add a poll? Or I could do it for you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
If you would please, as longs you can ensure that only members can vote.
If you would please, as longs you can ensure that only members can vote.

Well I can't stop the whole of the GA voting, nor can I restrict voting to just the Baltic countries.
I did mention in the update that the Baltic Countries should contact you with their yes or no vote.

So I could set up a poll but everyone would be able to vote
Denmark wholeheartedly votes yes.
Reply 24
Original post by thunder_chunky
Well I can't stop the whole of the GA voting, nor can I restrict voting to just the Baltic countries.
I did mention in the update that the Baltic Countries should contact you with their yes or no vote.

So I could set up a poll but everyone would be able to vote

Thank you, I have now recieved 43% of the votes so far, one more vote in favour of the motion will result in a resolution being drawn up. Could you explain to me how this resolution would work because I believe we already have a motion for the admittance of Palestine. It is my understanding that this motion here would complement the GA resolution.
Thank you, I have now recieved 43% of the votes so far, one more vote in favour of the motion will result in a resolution being drawn up. Could you explain to me how this resolution would work because I believe we already have a motion for the admittance of Palestine. It is my understanding that this motion here would complement the GA resolution.

Basically putting it into the form of a resolution is what would make it official.
So when you have enough support you can write up a resolution and then submit it (showing it to your fellow future members if you wish).

So the resolution would go through the normal process, a maximum of 7 days debating and then three days voting.

If it passes it'll become official in MUN Law, if you will.) I'll edit the relevant documents to show that such an organisation has been formed and to show the current members.

As a Partnership I shouldn't think you'd get any extra powers or abilities, however you would be an organisation of countries of sorts. An alliance if you will.
Poland officially votes yes (just to confirm)
Reply 27
Poland having voted yes warrants this Partnership motion to pass. The Baltic Partnership sees there is already a resolution vote going through so we will not propose exactly the same resolution.

Countdown to the Finnish Presidency... Tuesday 1st November 2011

The Latvian Presidency of the Baltic Partnership is almost at an end. Latvia passes the baton onto Finland who will take over the Chairmanship of the bloc for the November month. Latvia is pleased to announce that the first term of the Partnership has been a huge success with most Baltic states announcing their participation in the bloc plus a discussion and vote has resulted in a Partnership motion complementing a resolution certain to pass.

Latvia has been honoured to be chair for the first term of the Baltic Partnership and looks forward to its next Presidency mid next year.
QFA

Whilst I'm glad you're giving everyone a chance to be president, not everyone will be able to be president at their chosen time.
Might I suggest longer terms as president and another way to select president?
Reply 29
I as Latvia like everyone else is busy, the Presidency will shift to Finland in November and will oversee activity of the Partnership for the month. There will be no permanent head of the Partnership and all members are aware of the rotating presidencies.
I as Latvia like everyone else is busy, the Presidency will shift to Finland in November and will oversee activity of the Partnership for the month. There will be no permanent head of the Partnership and all members are aware of the rotating presidencies.

Very well. I hope such a pattern works out.

Are you waiting for any more votes or can you submit a manifesto soon?
Tunisia would be interested in becoming an Associate member in order to develop its relations with tthese countries and to act as a link between the Arab League and the Baltic Partnership.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32

Latvian Presidency of the Baltic Partnership

Latvia's last act as the Chair of the Baltic Partnership is to admit Tunisia into a privileged partnership with the Baltic States. It will join Norway and the United Kingdom as observer/associate members and I welcome your involvement in the Partnership despite bordering the Mediterranean.

The Finnish Presidency of the Baltic Partnership begins on Tuesday 1st November... keep updated for a overview of the next Presidency!

Latvia's last act as the Chair of the Baltic Partnership is to admit Tunisia into a privileged partnership with the Baltic States. It will join Norway and the United Kingdom as observer/associate members and I welcome your involvement in the Partnership despite bordering the Mediterranean.

The Finnish Presidency of the Baltic Partnership begins on Tuesday 1st November... keep updated for a overview of the next Presidency!

Tunisia thanks Latvia, and looks forward to good relations with all countries in the partnership.

The Republic of Finland thanks Latvia for their leadership during the first month of the Baltic Partnership being in session.

The Republic of Finland's goal for the coming term is that we find a workable solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, find ways to calm down the on-going civil war in Syria and work on other Arab issues with the Arab League.

The Republic of Finland will welcome any country (within reason) that wishes to become an observer.
Reply 35
I very much welcome the Presidency of Finland and have full confidence that the Partnership will grow from strength to strength this term. I am in full support of establishing a secure link with the Arab League in the hope of helping solve ongoing problems in the Middle East.
Reply 36
I propose to the Chairman of the Partnership to discuss and vote on the agreed European Financial Package which included increasing the EFSF to $1tn and a significant haircut of Greek Debt, I urge members to stay involved and discuss and comment on European matters.
Libya would also like to be admitted as an observer to further strengthen links with the Arab League and to enable our new transitional government to develop relations with the Baltic states.
With the latest news regarding Greece and Italy within the Eurozone whereby Greece are looking for a new Prime Minister and Italy are now in bigger trouble because of Greece's **** up, should those within the Eurozone even consider helping Greece anymore? and with Italy should Europe and the ECB take full control of Italy's finances before giving them any money?

Finland are against giving anymore countries anymore money at this current time, what are our friends opinion on the matter?

Finland is in the process of writing a resolution to seek full recognition of the Baltic Partnership within the MUN.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
Latvia hopes Germany become more flexible by letting The ECB play a direct role in the EFSF and in the member states finances. Greece needs to make sure that it firms up it's political stability as Latvia agrees it has had a detrimental effect on the state's finances. I think no more money should be pumped into the EFSF until critically necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending