The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Some advice please?

Hi everyone :smile: Just in need of some advice and I would be grateful if you could help me out? Thanks!

I'm currently studying for a Foundation Degree in Travel&Tourism Management at college and I'm not really enjoying it and obviously it is costing me a lot of money, I have registered for the Beginners Spanish course (L194) and I have started the materials and am really enjoying it! I have looked at the OU's website and I am really interested in the Open Degree as I can incorporate all my interests into a degree and so far my impressions of the OU have been good!

Would you drop out of college and just study with the OU? I guess I never liked school and I think college is just reminding me too much of it and because I work four days a week it is taking up a lot of my time, whereas the OU would be more flexible.

Thanks for your help, I know it is a long post.

Emily xx
Reply 1
Well, only you can know really. Some people have typically perfect circumstances to say yeah, the OU is for them, but they still might not get on well.

As you've enjoyed studying wit them so far it defiantly sounds like the OU could be beneficial to you.

I guess it totally depends on how you feel about Travel&Tourism at college and what you'd put into your Open degree (subject wise).

I think Open degrees are most beneficial if you're choosing the modules and subjects to go in a certain direction.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Nichollz
Well, only you can know really. Some people have typically perfect circumstances to say yeah, the OU is for them, but they still might not get on well.

As you've enjoyed studying wit them so far it defiantly sounds like the OU could be beneficial to you.

I guess it totally depends on how you feel about Travel&Tourism at college and what you'd put into your Open degree (subject wise).

I think Open degrees are most beneficial if you're choosing the modules and subjects to go in a certain direction.

Thanks for replying, I've worked out the modules I would probably study, but I've got a while to make my decision :smile:
Reply 3
It's probably worth mentioning that you won't get the same level of support in level 2 & 3 modules as you get in level 1 modules. So be sure that distance learning is for you.
Reply 4
Original post by Nitebot
It's probably worth mentioning that you won't get the same level of support in level 2 & 3 modules as you get in level 1 modules. So be sure that distance learning is for you.

Hi thanks for replying :smile: Haven't formally started yet, so had no lectures or support yet, but I've liked it so far!

Quick Reply

Latest