The Student Room Group

LIPA/LCM Application 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Awesome man! Thats wicked!

What grades did you get if you don't mind me asking or predicted grades?

Great choice of songs, I'm not massive on the RHCP new album but it's one of their better songs on the album!
Hey guys,
Interesting reading where you guys are applying and stuff, I'm applying for Sound Technology at LIPA and Music Production at LCM, I'm also looking at Surrey, UEA and a couple of other places. I take it you guys are looking to do straight music courses?
Hi man,
Yeah we're both applying for music but I'm having a gap year but LCM and LIPA are both my 1st choices.
When you say Surrey do you mean ACM?
Nahh, the Tonmeister Sound Recording one at the regular surrey uni, although I dont take Physics, so I'd have to learn the sound modules for it if I wanted to get in. I haven't had the chance to look round either LCM or LIPA yet and I think I'll prefer them to the course at Surrey, but I did really like it at Surrey when I went round.
I was thinking about ACM though, heard anything good/bad about it?
I wouldn't recommend it, some great musicians do come from there however they only really care about how much money they make.
So I personally wouldn't advice it.
Yeah thats what I heard! Not too keen on finding your own accomodation etc too, especially for the first year.
I'm still really undecided! I just HOPE that there is plenty of performance for LIPA course and a lot of bass playing.
( Which I'm not sure if there is.. so I'm having a really tough time deciding)
Original post by gdsend101
Got an offer from Huddersfield, Salford and LIPA :smile: Not heard back from LCM or Man Met. Going to play Master Blaster and Look Around (RHCP) for my LIPA portfolio plus an original

Have you defiantly got a place man? Thats awesome, hopefully I'll see you next year, if I get in. ( PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE) HAHAAH!
Reply 29
Offer from LCM/LIPA :smile: who's thinking about accommodation yet?
Reply 30
Sorry for the late reply guys, been kept pretty busy, got a conditional offer from Salford and Leeds College of Music, got my LIPA audition in about 2 weeks, although i'm still torn about whether to go to LCM or LIPA as i fell in love with LCM when i last went, anyone else had their auditions and if so how were they???
Reply 31
Original post by gdsend101
Sorry for the late reply guys, been kept pretty busy, got a conditional offer from Salford and Leeds College of Music, got my LIPA audition in about 2 weeks, although i'm still torn about whether to go to LCM or LIPA as i fell in love with LCM when i last went, anyone else had their auditions and if so how were they???

Gah, know that feeling. I'm torn between how musical Leeds is and how amazing and creative the city is, and how awesome Liverpool and the course at LIPA is. I need to get the grades first though.

Quick Reply

Latest