The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey, I'm a student from Kenya applying for an LLB law degree.
I got 4 A's for my AS levels (98/100-history, 92/100- english literature, 88/100-geography and 80/100-psychology).
I have 3 A*'s predicted for A2 and the entry requirements are AAB so hoping to get in!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I'm applying for Adult Nursing. Since I left college this year I know I have the grades to apply, just fingers crossed they'll want me!
Reply 22
applying for philosophy. Predicted ABB, required ABB. Love it there and probably my first choice!
I want to study French & History (entry requirements AAB), but I don't know whether I want to do it at Leeds or not. I've never been there, so I don't know whether I'd like it or not. Leeds seems to be a good university, but I've heard loads of people only go there for the 'party lifestyle', so that kinda put me off a bit. Also, can anyone who's been there tell me how big the city is?
GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAAA
AS: A - History (100%ums) A - English - A - Music - B -German (arghh)
A2 predictions: A*A*A (doing History, English, Music)
Course: History and Music at Leeds!
Choices: Oxford, Bristol, York, Warick, Leeds

Leeds will be my insurance as History and Music is only ABB. I want to go to Leeds so much!
Reply 25
Hey,
Applying to do: Arabic & Middle Eastern Studies :smile:
Grades Required: ABC/BBB
Predicted: ABB
AS Results: AABB :smile:
Anyone else doing same course?
x
Reply 26
Anyone applying for Law?
Reply 27
History BA, need AAA or ABB through access. predicted A/A*, AA in sociology history and maths respectively. Either Clarence Dock, The Tannery or Henry Price i'm thinking!
Course: Maths

Entry requirements: AA/AAB

Predicted Grades AAA (Maths, Further Maths, Economics)
Reply 29
Hi,
Im looking to apply for Politics (with year abroad). I won't have the chance to visit Leeds so was wondering what people thought of it. My main question is whether Leeds is a campus university? I'm finding it hard to find out on the website as they mention a campus but don't say if it is within or next to the city. I'm just wondering if it feels like a city or campus university as I really want that 'community' feel.
Original post by yanimus
Hi,
Im looking to apply for Politics (with year abroad). I won't have the chance to visit Leeds so was wondering what people thought of it. My main question is whether Leeds is a campus university? I'm finding it hard to find out on the website as they mention a campus but don't say if it is within or next to the city. I'm just wondering if it feels like a city or campus university as I really want that 'community' feel.

I'd describe it as a campus, but it's literally right next to the city, so you have the best of both worlds really :smile: There's definitely a community feel to the university, and all the buildings are fairly close together, but the city centre is only a short walk away. Hope that helps!
Reply 31
I'm applying for Biomedical Sciences (Medical Sciences) hopefully with a work abroad placement :smile: that would be amazing
I'm currently predicted ABB and I need ABB-AAA
My AS grades weren't brilliant, ACC however both Cs were withing 5 marks of a B so I'm resitting those to hopefully for Bs in them (possibly an A in one) which should put me in a good position for Leeds which is my first choice by a mile :smile:
Ideally I'd like to stay in Charles Morris
good luck to everyone applynig and maybe I'll see you in 2012 in freshers week (2 weeks :P)
AS: AAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*A a (Math, Physics, Art, Further Math AS; respectively)
Course: Civil Engineering (International)
Choices: Cambridge, UCL, Nottingham, Leeds, Loughborough

Has anyone heard anything from Leeds?
And does anyone know how long it takes them to give offers? :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by hannahwhelan
I'd describe it as a campus, but it's literally right next to the city, so you have the best of both worlds really :smile: There's definitely a community feel to the university, and all the buildings are fairly close together, but the city centre is only a short walk away. Hope that helps!

thank you! so how long would you say the walk was and also is their lots of greenery/'hang outs' for students :smile:
Graphic communication & Design, Leeds! yeahbuddy
OP what are you including in your portfolio?
Original post by yanimus
thank you! so how long would you say the walk was and also is their lots of greenery/'hang outs' for students :smile:

I couldn't say exactly because I didn't walk around the city, but I'd say 10-15mins at the most, perhaps? As for green space, there's a massive park up the road from the main campus where most students rent houses in their 2nd/3rd years, as well as some green spaces/fountains etc on and around the campus :smile:
Course: Philosophy

Entry requirements: ABB

AS: AAAAB

Predicted Grades A*A*A*A

Other Universities: UCL, KCL, Sussex & Reading
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by RastaMannn
I want to apply for Politics, required and predicted AAB but my GCSEs stink for such a university. Any help or stories to share?

Define stink? My GCSEs were 2 As, 8Bs and 2Cs for an AAB course (pre A*)
Reply 39
Hiiii :smile:

Applying for Medical Sciences, need AAA-ABB, predicted AAA, and I quite like the look of Henry Price and James Baillie...

Anybody applying for similar courses?

Quick Reply