The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
I know I'm a bit late, but received an offer from Leeds today for English Language and Literature!!!!!

Sooooo happy, loved Leeds! My offer is AAB with an A in English Literature.

Anyone else heard back from Leeds yet for English? Would love to meet you guys!

Congratulations! I am still waiting for Leeds (also applied for English :five:)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Obsidian

Thank you! Good luck, be sure to tell us as soon as you've got your offer! :wink:
Reply 102
GCSE: A*A*A*AAAABBC
AS: AAABB (Law, English Language, History, Spanish, Critical Thinking)
A2 predictions: A*AA (Law, English Language, History)
Course: Law
Why: Really great vibe and I love the brand new Law facilities.
Choices: York, Manchester, Oxford, Leeds, Reading

I applied on the 10th but haven't acknowledgement of my application yet, which has worried me.

Well done to everyone who has received an offer so far!
Reply 103
GCSE - A*AAAAAAABB
A2 Predictions - AAAB
Required - AAB
Course - Mathematics + Economics

No offer yet! :frown:
Reply 104
Original post by RM93
GCSE - A*AAAAAAABB
A2 Predictions - AAAB
Required - AAB
Course - Mathematics + Economics

No offer yet! :frown:

When did you send your application off?
Any chemical engineering applicants in the house?
Reply 106
Original post by ah.meh
When did you send your application off?

Sent it on the 13th October! I've only got a reply from the University of Liverpool with an offer of ABB.
Original post by Obsidian

Same! :biggrin:
(As in I'm waiting :s-smilie:)

But since they seem to give out offers department by department we should hear soon right?
I sure hope so...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 108
Original post by RM93
Sent it on the 13th October! I've only got a reply from the University of Liverpool with an offer of ABB.

Lucky you! wanting for any response from leeds, I've got weaker grades :/ eek, hope they want only AAB. do you mind telling me what subjects you do?
Original post by Violet_apple
Same! :biggrin:
(As in I'm waiting :s-smilie:)

But since they seem to give out offers department by department we should hear soon right?
I sure hope so...

I really hope so too :biggrin:
Reply 110
Original post by frastgouy
Any chemical engineering applicants in the house?

Yeah ChemEng applicant here!

Received an offer of AAB today! :biggrin:

Really relieved, as I'm a re-applicant I was half expecting 5 Rejections this year but now I have at least one offer.
Original post by Sam1309
Yeah ChemEng applicant here!

Received an offer of AAB today! :biggrin:

Really relieved, as I'm a re-applicant I was half expecting 5 Rejections this year but now I have at least one offer.

Aahhh, so their givin em out already huh. Well done man, when did yours get sent off? Mine was on the 14th October.

Im a reapplicant too! but last year i applied for medicine, got an offer for biomed at Warwick n everything, but i rejected it to reapply for chemeng. So is leeds your first choice then? You retaking anything?
Reply 112
Im applying for Social Policy (ABB)
Predicted A*AAA.
Only just sent off my application last Friday (21st) so still not sure if I'll get an offer, my GCSEs weren't exactly brilliant... :s-smilie:
Anyone else applied for the same course?
I've applied for linguistics and Italian (QRC3) and heard nothing from Leeds, not even an acknowledgement :frown:
I applied on the 10th October, beginning to worry!
Reply 114
Original post by frastgouy
Aahhh, so their givin em out already huh. Well done man, when did yours get sent off? Mine was on the 14th October.

Im a reapplicant too! but last year i applied for medicine, got an offer for biomed at Warwick n everything, but i rejected it to reapply for chemeng. So is leeds your first choice then? You retaking anything?

I think mine went through on October 17th?

I applied for ChemEng last year and got BBC (4 marks shy in maths after I totally messed up C4) so I'm redoing the whole year. I don't really know where my first choice will be until I get all my replies I'll make a judgement then.
Original post by Sam1309
I think mine went through on October 17th?

I applied for ChemEng last year and got BBC (4 marks shy in maths after I totally messed up C4) so I'm redoing the whole year. I don't really know where my first choice will be until I get all my replies I'll make a judgement then.

Oh nice. Im on a gap year, got a job n everything. i got ABB and im redoing a coupla modules to get 3 As. Good luck (not that you need it, you've already got an offer :wink:)
I've applied to do history and economics:smile: went through on the 13th, and it's my only non-acknowledged uni, sigh!
Reply 117
Hi! I've applied for the Fine Art Ba at Leeds, and I just got an email to say they want to see my portfolio! Has anyone else heard from them, or are applying for the same course?

GCSE: A*A*A*A*AAAAAA
AS: AAAB (Art, Maths, English lit, Physics)
A2 predictions: A*A*A (Art, English lit, Maths)
Choices: UCL, Reading, Edinburgh, Leeds, Kent
Reply 118
Original post by ah.meh
Lucky you! wanting for any response from leeds, I've got weaker grades :/ eek, hope they want only AAB. do you mind telling me what subjects you do?

Yeah I do
A2 Maths, Economics, Biology.
AS Further Maths

On the website I'm sure they say they sometimes give offers of just AA (Maths and FM) What subjects do you take and where else have you applied? I didnt do very well in my AS but I think my PS was quite good so hopefully I'll get an offer! :/
Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
I know I'm a bit late, but received an offer from Leeds today for English Language and Literature!!!!!

Sooooo happy, loved Leeds! My offer is AAB with an A in English Literature.

Anyone else heard back from Leeds yet for English? Would love to meet you guys!

I've had an offer as well! :biggrin: AAB with an A in lit.

Quick Reply

Latest