Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
applying for history, haven't yet had a response :frown:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by StitchMad
I got an acknowledgement yesterday evening saying that they'd received my application and that it's being considered by the English Department's admissions tutor! :smile:

When did you send your application? I've yet to hear anything...:s-smilie:
Reply 162
Course: Chinese Studies
Required Grades:ABB/ABC
AS Grades: ABBBC
Predicted Grades: AAA

I'm not sure which accomodation I would like to stay in yet though, any suggestions?
Reply 163
I have an interview!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: radiography :smile:
Reply 164
Original post by Muffinz
That's a good sign! :biggrin:

Hopefully not too long to wait for a decision now! :smile:

Original post by Violet_apple
When did you send your application? I've yet to hear anything...:s-smilie:

My application was sent on 18th October 2011. I wouldn't worry quite yet! :smile:
Accepted by UCAS on the 13th, no response as of yet :/
[History & Economics]
Reply 166
I'm applying for Spanish and German woooooo! Grades required are AAB and I'm predicted AAA :biggrin: Leeds is my going to be my first choice if i get an offer! Anyone else applied for my course?!
Reply 167
I applied for Physics with Astrophysics BSc and I've been invited for an interview on 15th November! :-).
Reply 168
I really loved the university when I visited, I'm predicted A*A*AA so fit the grades. Seems like everyone is getting offers though and I haven't had acknowledgement :frown: Getting nervous! Looking to study French & German!
Original post by StitchMad
Hopefully not too long to wait for a decision now! :smile:

My application was sent on 18th October 2011. I wouldn't worry quite yet! :smile:

I'll try not to but I sent mine on the 11th! No email, nothing :rolleyes:
Original post by RastaMannn
I want to apply for Politics, required and predicted AAB but my GCSEs stink for such a university. Any help or stories to share?

I only got four GCSEs and got into the English course, way back when... you "might" strike lucky with a strong PS, a good reference and predicted grades and if you meet the offer too. "Might" being the word.
History, V100
req grades: AAA
grades I have (did my a-levels this summer): A*AA
Reply 172
anyone applied for fashion design at leeds and heard anything?
I'm applying for History
Required grade - AAA
Predicted grades - AAAB (one A already achieved early)
AS Levels - ABBB

Also applying for History and Sociology ABB

Yes - Leeds is my dream uni :wink:
Any one got any offers yet?
Original post by Jwp14
Im applying for Social Policy (ABB)
Predicted A*AAA.
Only just sent off my application last Friday (21st) so still not sure if I'll get an offer, my GCSEs weren't exactly brilliant... :s-smilie:
Anyone else applied for the same course?

I'm kinda the same, A levels are SO much better than my GCSE's, but I've done quite a lot to make up for it - an early A level and Extended Project. I've applied for History & Sociology, so kinda your department :P Looked at the Social Policy course - their department is amazing and one of the lecturers chatted to me for ages on open day, and was simply inspiring!
Original post by Mighty Moe
History, V100
req grades: AAA
grades I have (did my a-levels this summer): A*AA

Shouldn't that be an unconditional offer then since you have the grades?
Reply 176
I'll try not to but I sent mine on the 11th! No email, nothing :rolleyes:

I'm also applying for history, sent my application on the 10th of October. No email or anything - maybe the history department is just particularly lackadaisical? I'm quite relieved I'm not the only one still waiting! Haha
Reply 177
Original post by lostlizzy
im still waiting for english as well.. did u get a message saying your application was on hold??

Well all I have heard is that they have received my application. I know no more than that!
Reply 178
I'm so stressed! People are getting offers and I haven't even got a confirmation! Should I be massively worried? Applying for English, sent it on the 11th October and predicted A*AA...are they like Durham~ holding on to people they're not sure about for ages before rejecting?:confused:

I'm applying French and German and I applied 28th September - not even an acknowledgement yet! Don't worry about it :smile: I'm trying not to!
Reply 179
Original post by kateslove
I'm applying French and German and I applied 28th September - not even an acknowledgement yet! Don't worry about it :smile: I'm trying not to!

I'm the same, applied for French and haven't even had an acknowledgement! Starting to worry a little :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest