Original post by Kolya
我也很好,谢谢。最近我是数学老师在河南郑州。每晚,学习中文一点,但是我的中文太不好。我知道这个:说“喂“,说”哪个哪个哪个”。不知道更单词。

你明白吗?我的中文对不对?

你的中文已经学的很好 - 我当然明白!我也是中文学生,所以我不知道你写的对不对 - 不好意思。
Original post by Kolya
谢谢你!我知道一点拼音,我不知道汉字。我是外国人和没有普通话老师.

你是英国人吗?

有一个有趣的故事: 我要巨无霸。我说:"我要大鸡吧!我要大鸡吧!" 我的中国人朋友:O_O O_O O_O

Why did you chose to study Chinese at A-level? Have you visited China before?

Here comes the English version ... I'd like some coke pls, I'd like some c o ck.....pls

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Kolya
我也很好,谢谢。最近我是数学老师在河南郑州。每晚,学习中文一点,但是我的中文太不好。我知道这个:说“喂“,说”哪个哪个哪个”。不知道更单词。

你明白吗?我的中文对不对?

You basically said"I am a maths teacher from HeNanZhengZhou"
But generally it looks quite good..

Reply 66
Anybody here use skritter? It's a bit expensive, but seems like the best way to learn hanzi at the moment.
Reply 67
Original post by Kolya
Anybody here use skritter? It's a bit expensive, but seems like the best way to learn hanzi at the moment.

Unless, you are into Chinese calligraphy or taking an actual test, or you are into snail mail penpal with Chinese people, you will find learning to draw hanzi pretty useless. There is a reason Chinese themselves are showing inability to draw many of them.
Reply 68
Original post by Juichiro
Unless, you are into Chinese calligraphy or taking an actual test, or you are into snail mail penpal with Chinese people, you will find learning to draw hanzi pretty useless. There is a reason Chinese themselves are showing inability to draw many of them.

Sure. I don't use skritter for writing, only for reading/tones/definitions.

Also, if you know the principles of stroke order and how to draw the common radicals then it will also make using an electronic dictionary much easier and painless.
大家好!我在大学学习 普通话, 我的中文名字是潘小露 可是你们可以叫我 Beige Angel. 我普通话是基本的 所以我想要在这儿练习 我的中文。 发现这个论坛 我很高兴!

I realise this is probably pretty textbook, but I'm 3 months into my Second year on the course so no hate please :tongue:
Reply 70
Original post by Beige_Angel
大家好!我在大学学习 普通话, 我的中文名字是潘小露 可是你们可以叫我 Beige Angel. 我普通话是基本的 所以我想要在这儿练习 我的中文。 发现这个论坛 我很高兴!

I realise this is probably pretty textbook, but I'm 3 months into my Second year on the course so no hate please :tongue:
你学了中文 在哪里?
Original post by Kolya
你学了中文 在哪里?

我在诺丁汉大学学习, 学了一年和三月。你呢? 或者你不是学生。。。

'我的普通话是基本的' Were you trying to say that you only have some basic knowledge about mandarin?
If you were, then I suppose it should be '我的普通话还在基础阶段'

Original post by Guanpeng Lv
'我的普通话是基本的' Were you trying to say that you only have some basic knowledge about mandarin?
If you were, then I suppose it should be '我的普通话还在基础阶段'

I was. Thank you for your suggestion but the last character is missing, could you repost it please? If you put a few extra spaces in the text it'll show :smile:
I was. Thank you for your suggestion but the last character is missing, could you repost it please? If you put a few extra spaces in the text it'll show :smile:

Of course!

我的普通话 还在 基础 阶段

Could you see them now? :smile:
Do you major in Mandarin?

Of course!

我的普通话 还在 基础 阶段

Could you see them now? :smile:
Do you major in Mandarin?This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yes, 现在我可以看到它们, 谢谢!

I study Joint Honours Spanish and Contemporary Chinese studies at Nottingham uni and I'm always trying to practice. In fact I inflicted myself on a small store owner yesterday when I was browsing around Camden Market in London. He was a little critical of my accent; he told me (in Mandarin which I'm proud of myself for understanding) that "English people speak quietly and do not enunciate their words, you must do this in Chinese!". However he seemed happy that I was trying to communicate with him in his own language and chatted to me for a while. Was quite happy with myself, apparently I was getting the tones right even if I was too quiet :smile: His advice will definitely help me with my exam next week.

I will assume from your username that you are Chinese or of Chinese descent? Do you study in the UK?
Yes, 现在我可以看到它们, 谢谢!

I study Joint Honours Spanish and Contemporary Chinese studies at Nottingham uni and I'm always trying to practice. In fact I inflicted myself on a small store owner yesterday when I was browsing around Camden Market in London. He was a little critical of my accent; he told me (in Mandarin which I'm proud of myself for understanding) that "English people speak quietly and do not enunciate their words, you must do this in Chinese!". However he seemed happy that I was trying to communicate with him in his own language and chatted to me for a while. Was quite happy with myself, apparently I was getting the tones right even if I was too quiet :smile: His advice will definitely help me with my exam next week.

I will assume from your username that you are Chinese or of Chinese descent? Do you study in the UK?

哈哈,你们俩都聊了什么?
There are lots of mandarin native speakers in this country and you will certainly get a plenty of chances to practice. We also had to get through with this when we were learning English, and we are still trying now. Just be confident, and don't give in :smile:

Yes, I am Chinese. I have been here for a year and a half doing my alevels.

If you don't mind me being fussy

Yes, 现在我可以看到它们, 谢谢!

Sorry did not finish typing.. If you don't mind me being fussy again. The sentence you said, in correct grammar, should be '现在 可以 看到 他们 了" is fairly important because it means that you have done the thing you've just mentioned but not doing it at the moment.

哈哈,你们俩都聊了什么?
There are lots of mandarin native speakers in this country and you will certainly get a plenty of chances to practice. We also had to get through with this when we were learning English, and we are still trying now. Just be confident, and don't give in :smile:

Yes, I am Chinese. I have been here for a year and a half doing my alevels.

If you don't mind me being fussy again. The sentence you said, in correct grammar, should be '现在 可以 看到 他们 了" is fairly important because it means that you have done the thing you've just mentioned but not doing it at the moment.

We just chatted about my year abroad and where I plan to go, how I'm finding studying Mandarin etc. I think I'm going to start doing this everywhere I go where there's Chinese people, I don't tend to be shy these days and it'll be good for me :tongue:

你学习什么? Are you going to stay here indefinitely or do you just plan to stay here for college/uni?

谢谢 for your correction, to be fair I really should have put the in, I swear I'm able to use tenses! Can I use 它们 or does it have to be 他们? I'm confused because I thought 它们 was for things and 他们/她们 was for people.
(edited 11 years ago)
We just chatted about my year abroad and where I plan to go, how I'm finding studying Mandarin etc. I think I'm going to start doing this everywhere I go where there's Chinese people, I don't tend to be shy these days and it'll be good for me :tongue:

你学习什么? Are you going to stay here indefinitely or do you just plan to stay here for college/uni?

谢谢 for your correction, to be fair I really should have put the in, I swear I'm able to use tenses! Can I use 它们 or does it have to be 他们? I'm confused because I thought 它们 was for things and 他们/她们 was for people.

Sorry that was my mistake :smile: It should be 它们,instead of 他们/她们. As you said, 他们/她们 are supposed to be people. Furthermore, in a group of people, if they are all females, you use 她们. However, if there is any male in the group, or even just one, you've then got to use 他们. Even Chinese people make mistakes about this sort of things in writing. Mainly because the pronunciations for these three are exactly the same. :smile:

Hopefully I will be at Cambridge at October. I recently got an offer for Natural Sciences from one of the colleges, with a bit of luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending