我很好呀你呢? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lamalam
我很好呀你呢? :smile:

我也是很好,可是有点 - 最近工作比较辛苦。
Deleted post
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Xueni Bian
Finally! A group of people who uses "Standard Chinese" instead of Mandarin Chinese! 中文就是中文!Chinese shouldn't be confused or mingled with its dialects, cantonese and other things. I know ignorant poeple here in this zit of a city called Macau who refer to only Cantonese as chinese and Standard Chinese as Mandarin.

I think when people say Mandarin Chinese they are referring to the spoken language rather than the written form. It just happens that Standard Chinese is pretty close to the spoken Mandarin Chinese.
Deleted post
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 127
Actually what is standard Chinese means as people from different place in China will speak in different way. Some of them speak and using tongue(翘舌)but some are not. So, which one is more correct? I am Chinese but not from China. I have few China friends but i think they speak Chinese which is more like China accent instead of standard Chinese accent. Normally, i can know that he or she is is from china when he speak. Our country people speak like Taiwan. Taiwan Chinese is standard or not?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 128
Original post by jia93
Actually what is standard Chinese means as people from different place in China will speak in different way.
Modern Standard Chinese (MSC) is defined as:

- Beijing sounds
- Mandarin vocab
- 白话 grammar

MSC is the standard of both the mainland and Taiwan. It was designed to be a common language. For more information search for 'Modern Standard Chinese' in Google.
ok its such a funny feeling to see chinese on TSR. I was born in Beijing ,lived in shanghai for 7 years and moved here a year ago:tongue: never thought there would actually be people learning chinese o.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Yishen Wang
ok its such a funny feeling to see chinese on TSR. I was born in Beijing ,lived in shanghai for 7 years and moved here a year ago:tongue: never thought there would actually be people learning chinese o.o

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are a lot of us :yep:
Quick question (and I think I might have even asked a similar one on this before), how do you say "congratulations on your new job"? Is it something like 恭贺你的新工作?
Original post by alex_hk90
Quick question (and I think I might have even asked a similar one on this before), how do you say "congratulations on your new job"? Is it something like 恭贺你的新工作?

i would say..恭喜你找到了一份新工作 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
A resource I like is Douban. The site has many features, but the forums are particularly interesting. You can do what you do on TSR, just in Chinese.
Original post by Kolya
A resource I like is Douban. The site has many features, but the forums are particularly interesting. You can do what you do on TSR, just in Chinese.

hahahaha Douban...o.o what about RenRen which is just the Chinese version of Facebook.
Hi guys! I'm gonna study Chinese in September at uni! Do you have any advices? :smile: thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
Original post by 14thoctober
Hi guys! I'm gonna study Chinese in September at uni! Do you have any advices? :smile: thank you very much!
Remember that it will take a long time to reach a good level. So (a) work hard, and (b) don't expect quick results.

Just don't forget why you've chosen to study it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kolya
Remember that it will take a long time to reach a good level. So (a) work hard, and (b) don't expect quick results.

Just don't forget why you've chosen to study it!

Thank you! :smile: Do you have any tips to make the study easier? I'm a little bit worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138
Original post by 14thoctober
Thank you! :smile: Do you have any tips to make the study easier? I'm a little bit worried!
One thing I would recommend is using flashcards, with a program like Anki. It can help you methodically learn and revise your vocab. A little a day adds up to a lot over time - 积少成多. If you learn 10 new words a day, and do revision on words you've learned previously, then you'll know 3650 words in one year. And 7300 words in two years.
Original post by Kolya
One thing I would recommend is using flashcards, with a program like Anki. It can help you methodically learn and revise your vocab. A little a day adds up to a lot over time - 积少成多. If you learn 10 new words a day, and do revision on words you've learned previously, then you'll know 3650 words in one year. And 7300 words in two years.

Thank you! Do you know a site where I can buy these cards? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending