The Student Room Group

Need help applying to uni.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Iqbal007
oh lol thats Hertfordshire uni ................ http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/Q9TP2GeYm6AGVMS2uFraROA5V5NEq-3NJP/HAHTpage/search.HsEntryReq.run?n=1105221#ER-A QMUL is 300........................

UCL depends completely i would say especially if it depends on your a-levels................ definitely have 3 sciences will be good. Also have a strong personal statement proving your commitment especially to that area of engineering.

Well I'm doing Maths, Physics and French at A2. And the problem with my personal statement is that its linked to both aeronautical/aerospace and mechanical. But surely theyre both linked (just aerospace is a stream of mechanical) right ?
Reply 41
Original post by Jeid1
Well I'm doing Maths, Physics and French at A2. And the problem with my personal statement is that its linked to both aeronautical/aerospace and mechanical. But surely theyre both linked (just aerospace is a stream of mechanical) right ?

Yes, as long as you can argue your point,though the fact you narrowed down the area of engineering you want to do can be both positive and negative.
Reply 42
Original post by Iqbal007
Yes, as long as you can argue your point,though the fact you narrowed down the area of engineering you want to do can be both positive and negative.

Yes because Im in a messed up situation. 4 of my options do aerospace whereas UCL doesn't, they just do mechanical - fluid dynamics etc.. Do you reckon UCL would see my personal statement as weak and not give me an offer?

Out of interest where are you in terms of studies?:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest