The Student Room Group

Girls - Romantic Guys / Appealingness?

I'm curious to how many girls around the age range from 16-25 think that a guy should be romantic. (By romantic I am talking about Dinner, flowers and that sort of stuff.) As It's something I'd love to do, however I have yet to meet a girl who wants anything remotely near that. I am quite a sociable person so I meet a fair few new people and get to know them moderately well. So do many or if you are a girl replying do you see appealing in Romantic guys?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm curious to how many girls around the age range from 16-25 think that a guy should be romantic. (By romantic I am talking about Dinner, flowers and that sort of stuff.) As It's something I'd love to do, however I have yet to meet a girl who wants anything remotely near that. I am quite a sociable person so I meet a fair few new people and get to know them moderately well. So do many or if you are a girl replying do you see appealing in Romantic guys?

YES! Romantic guys always appeal to me! I love to be wined and dined and all that but then there's a line that shouldn't be crossed, because there's romantic and then there's cheese! I suppose cheesyness is OK on like occasions but meehh.

Im pretty sure the majority of girls like romantic guys though, so I don't know whats been going wrong there!
Reply 2
Romance tends to make me cringe if I'm honest. Some things are ok, but more like chivalry: walking a girl home, holding the door open etc. But personally I prefer spontaneity to an evening planned out.

Its a hit and miss thing. Some of us love it some of us hate it.
Reply 3
It depends, I prefer a guy to be personal and romatic for example, the night before your date you talked about aliens. Therefore, He goes out and gets alien sweets for your date or sitting in the park to watch the sunset sort of thing. What you are on about, is the more chivalry and wine and dine, sort of romance. That for me is a big NO!!
Reply 4
It depends need to test it :colone:
Romantic guys are brilliant. I think its a shame more guys aren't romantic!
Reply 6
Yes I love romantic guys
Reply 7
I reckon people who met me would think im anything but the romantic type, but I really do love a bit of romance.

I dont like cheese but I would appreciate a romantic gesture, I am yet to have one done to me but I think a sense of romance is a really great quality in a guy.
Reply 8
I think it's a great quality to be found in a guy, but rare cos there aren't many who guys I know who are like that!
I love a bit of romance, sometimes spontaneity is nice too though.
Reply 10
Thank you for all the responses.

Although I do think you can be spontaneous and Romantic both at the same time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending