The Student Room Group

Christians and "no sex before marriage".

Let's say you get talking to a nice girl and she tells you that she is a Christian and doesn't believe in sex before marriage. Do you think this counts for oral sex or just proper sexual intercourse? Thanks
I like your thinking Stiffler Jnr.

/hi five! /borat :borat:
Reply 2
Ask her?
Talk to her (about atheism)
Reply 4
Original post by Lord Hysteria

Do this and you'll NEVER have a shot at dating her.
Reply 5
Probably means handjobs and blowjobs, yes, and no vaginal sex.

Source. Talking to christian girls.
Reply 6
Original post by Nepene

Let's hope you're right!!
Reply 7
Original post by Nepene

Anal?
Reply 8
Original post by B-Man.
Anal?

It's called saddlebacking. You gotta keep your virginity somehow.
Original post by B-Man.
Do this and you'll NEVER have a shot at dating her.

what?

The idea that a woman can decide for herself what to do with her own vagina is too dangerous! I'm guessing you're into the Burqa kinda woman?
Reply 10
If she's kinda hypocritical, oral sex might be permitted. But as a member of the no-sex-before-marriage myself, I see oral sex as sex. The insertion of a penis into any orifice seems to count as sex, in my opinion!
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
Let's say you get talking to a nice girl and she tells you that she is a Christian and doesn't believe in sex before marriage. Do you think this counts for oral sex or just proper sexual intercourse? Thanks

it depends on the girl, her age, and her reason for devoutness. if she is christian because her parents are, or if she has such beliefs but is under 21 and still dating with no hope of marrying anytime soon, then most likely oral, maybe anal, handjobs are all fine. most girls in this age range are the type "i didnt used to belieev in sex before marriage until i met my bf who lovvves me'.

i mean, if she a) isnt marrying soon and b) isnt having sex, then why is she dating dudes at all? unless you wanna spend 6 sex free years until she finishes uni and is ready to marry, i say dump her.

Original post by abc101
If she's kinda hypocritical, oral sex might be permitted. But as a member of the no-sex-before-marriage myself, I see oral sex as sex. The insertion of a penis into any orifice seems to count as sex, in my opinion!

yah me too. i agree totally. oral offends the sanctity of marriage badly.

is kissing ok? what about handjobs or sleeping in the same room as a hot dude in seperate beds, or in the same bed with pillows in the middle.
Reply 12
what?

The idea that a woman can decide for herself what to do with her own vagina is too dangerous! I'm guessing you're into the Burqa kinda woman?

Well, the vagina is a powerful weapon. It can make you do crazy things ... like beat up Jimmy from down the street because he said he wanted to tap that girl you like. But, I was referring to the part you wrote in brackets ("about Atheism"). Trying to convince a religious girl to become an Atheist is not going to go down well.

And yes, there is something bizarrely erotic about the Burqa.
Original post by B-Man.
Well, the vagina is a powerful weapon. It can make you do crazy things ... like beat up Jimmy from down the street because he said he wanted to tap that girl you like. But, I was referring to the part you wrote in brackets ("about Atheism"). Trying to convince a religious girl to become an Atheist is not going to go down well.

And yes, there is something bizarrely erotic about the Burqa.

I don't actually think that most people truly believed in their religion's tenants. If you asked someone whether they're Christian, then they'll probably nod their heads - in a sheepish way. But, if you asked them honestly, whether they believe in the devil, the heavens and all the other faith-based delusions man has invented since the dawn of time ... then probably "no".

Personally, I find someone who is determined to indulge in wishful-thinking faith-based fantasies (contrary to evidence and reason) to be a person of worth nothing more than pity. The same respect I would afford those who believe we never landed on the moon, 9/11 was done by Bush, JFK was assassinated by the CIA, there are aliens in America, Iraq was about oil all those beliefs share two fundamental traits with religion. Both exist because want to believe in them and secondly, they necessitate a complete disregard for empirical evidence and reason (i.e. reality). Its no different than those who say the Holocaust never happened.

So, it would be an insult on me to date such a person.
Reply 14
I don't actually think that most people truly believed in their religion's tenants. If you asked someone whether they're Christian, then they'll probably nod their heads - in a sheepish way. But, if you asked them honestly, whether they believe in the devil, the heavens and all the other faith-based delusions man has invented since the dawn of time ... then probably "no".

So, as long as they are not an Orthodox follower you would consider dating them?

Personally, I find someone who is determined to indulge in wishful-thinking faith-based fantasies (contrary to evidence and reason) to be a person of worth nothing more than pity. The same respect I would afford those who believe we never landed on the moon, 9/11 was done by Bush, JFK was assassinated by the CIA, there are aliens in America, Iraq was about oil all those beliefs share two fundamental traits with religion. Both exist because want to believe in them and secondly, they necessitate a complete disregard for empirical evidence and reason (i.e. reality). Its no different than those who say the Holocaust never happened.

So, it would be an insult on me to date such a person.

Wishful-thinking? Unless they are converts, I would say that is an entirely inaccurate depiction of religious adherents. I believe that it is a lot more to do with indoctrination; in fact many may even wish it wasn't true. It would mean that they would be able to avoid the abundance of time-consuming rituals they have to engage in daily and of course they could abandon the fear of punishment for their sins (for the Abrahamic religions at least). Most of them probably lead happy, fulfilled lives too, so your pity seems somewhat misplaced. I also don't understand why you would be insulted.
Reply 15

Why? So, the OP should seek to convert a woman to atheism purely because he wants to **** her? It's her decision to wait, converting her to atheism isn't necessarily going to make her open her legs.

To the OP, just ask the girl what it means as it will be different for each person.
Reply 16
i mean as far as i can see a future between me and my partner i wouldn't rule anything out!
(edited 12 years ago)
talking about religeon is a big no-no man, just let it slide

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending