The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Swind
I sent off my application on the 12th, and recieved an acknowledgment from sheffield. But I still cant log into Track??? Im assuming/hoping this is ok??

go on to track and click forgotten each of the 3 options and you should be able to log in after they email all ur info..

Also, for some people acknowledgments make them happy - so without being rude.. allow people to look forward to recieving acknowledgments instead of putting it down like its just automated lools.. it is automated but its the first step to an offer/rejection.
Reply 201
Original post by i Pav i
...instead of putting it down like its just automated lools..

Original post by i Pav i
...it is automated but its the first step to an offer/rejection.

:rolleyes:
Original post by bekylouisex3
I got a second one too :smile: I got really excited when I saw the email aswell -.-

i got two from sheffield too :smile:

but they were 24 hours apart so i got excited for no reason :frown:
Original post by doloroushazy
i just want a year at the start to bum around :wink:

Good plan! :biggrin: I've managed to access Track without my welcome letter and my excitement has quickly waned. Now I'm just impatient!
can you still get acknowledgements on the weekend? :\ if the answer's no, then at least I can stop persistently checking my emails!
Original post by alexsasg
can you still get acknowledgements on the weekend? :\ if the answer's no, then at least I can stop persistently checking my emails!

Very unlikely, not sure why you'd be obsessively checking for acknowledgement anyway, they don't mean anything :p:

My Warwick one came on Sunday, so yeah you can :smile:
Anyone got any offers from wolverhampton, staffordshire, chester, worcester or newman (birmingham), only sent ucas app off on tuesday but already checking track obsessively
I sent my application off on the 6th October and I'm already checking track everyday! Anybody applied to Cardiff,Birmingham,Exeter,Manchester or Lampeter university :smile:?
Glasgow have apparently got back with offers, mainly unconditionals though to those who got 5A's at Scottish Higher level, from what I've gathered :smile:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain

Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Very unlikely, not sure why you'd be obsessively checking for acknowledgement anyway, they don't mean anything :p:

If the acknowledgement comes relatively quickly, it gives me hope that I will get a reply more quickly :tongue: I know that it's not true but I can't seem to stop checking every hour or so..

Original post by matthew769
My Warwick one came on Sunday, so yeah you can :smile:

Cool, thanks :smile: I've applied to Warwick too. Which course have you gone for?

Cool, thanks :smile: I've applied to Warwick too. Which course have you gone for?

Physics :biggrin: And some details, my application was sent from my referee to ucas on the 29th September (Thursday) and I got my Warwick acknowledgement on the Saturday/Sunday (not sure which) following that so they're pretty quick

Physics :biggrin: And some details, my application was sent from my referee to ucas on the 29th September (Thursday) and I got my Warwick acknowledgement on the Saturday/Sunday (not sure which) following that so they're pretty quick

Cool :smile: I'm applying for Sociology. Yeah, they are - I've got their acknowledgement too, the day after I'd sent it to ucas (Thursday 13th). Warwick + Cambridge have been the only ones to send me anything so far, but then again it has only been 2 days in my case. :tongue:
Cool :smile: I'm applying for Sociology. Yeah, they are - I've got their acknowledgement too, the day after I'd sent it to ucas (Thursday 13th). Warwick + Cambridge have been the only ones to send me anything so far, but then again it has only been 2 days in my case. :tongue:

I've heard back from 4/5 of mine, want to hear decisions now! :colone:
Reply 214
Original post by Swind
I sent off my application on the 12th, and recieved an acknowledgment from sheffield. But I still cant log into Track??? Im assuming/hoping this is ok??

I thought I had the same problem. Are you pasting in your ID or typing it? Because if you paste it in with the dashes, some numbers will be cut off the end because the box only fits 10 characters.
Reply 215
Original post by desy.kris
why can't you? have you got your Track Personal ID? it might change, so check the personal ID in your welcome letter, or click forgot Personal ID and it will be emailed to you.

I got it sorted now, I tried my ID in my UCAS email, but it didnt work, I then lookd at my emails from Unis and they used a different ID so i tried it and it worked. :smile:
Original post by i Pav i
Also, for some people acknowledgments make them happy - so without being rude.. allow people to look forward to recieving acknowledgments instead of putting it down like its just automated lools.. it is automated but its the first step to an offer/rejection.

+1!!! thank you for saying this!!!!
Reply 217
Original post by xfallen_x_angelx
Anyone got any offers from wolverhampton, staffordshire, chester, worcester or newman (birmingham), only sent ucas app off on tuesday but already checking track obsessively

Original post by dreamoutloud4060
I sent my application off on the 6th October and I'm already checking track everyday! Anybody applied to Cardiff,Birmingham,Exeter,Manchester or Lampeter university :smile:?

Use the 'search thread' function in the relevant threads using the uni name and this should give you answers!
Reply 218
Original post by i Pav i

allow people to look forward to recieving acknowledgments instead of putting it down like its just automated lools.. it is automated but its the first step to an offer/rejection.

Good job contradicting yourself and rendering your post meaningless. Did you not read what you wrote?

As they are automated, it by no means indicates the likelihood of a response coming soon (which is what the person I replied to earlier thought). People can of course feel excited about them, but at this point it is illogical to think they mean anything other than your application being added to the tutor's pile.
Acknowledgements simply mean that the communications are working as they should be and the application isn't lost in cyberspace. It doesn't have any bearing on how soon/likely an offer or rejection is, but it's understandable that people find it comforting to know that, thus far, the process has gone smoothly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending