The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

am insanely waiting for my Oxford decision...
Reply 2881
Original post by Jabberwox
Got 5 Unconditional Offers!!! The wait is over!! Yayyy!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Where from?? What are your grades?? I'm on 3 unconditionals 1 rejection and waiting for my 5th choice!!!
Original post by BexyBear
Where from?? What are your grades?? I'm on 3 unconditionals 1 rejection and waiting for my 5th choice!!!

My grades are BBB and I got offers from Keele, Oxford Brookes, Winchester, Aberystwyth aaaaand Gloucestershire :biggrin:
Mine got sent of by my college today :biggrin: The wait is on.
I sent my UCAS off 3 days ago, but it feels like weeks ago. I'm so impatient

Original post by Han7
I've also applied for UWE and Nottingham Trent :smile: what did you apply for?

Law/Psychology you? :smile:

Original post by smoliver
Got super excited just a minute ago. I checked my email, read University and immediately opened it.
It was the University of Hertfordshire asking if I'd like to win an iPod Touch...

:frown: funny thing is I haven't even applied to that uni

I got the same email, but I have applied there.
I don't want an iPod touch, I want an offer.
I have an interview with Chichester on the 10th of January, so excited!!! I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere now =D
myne took a couple of months to send off.
Reply 2887
Heh, I only applied on the 13th and I wish I had applied earlier so I could get offers/rejections earlier. XD Now I understand the obsessiveness with checking for news. I've got 2 acknowledgement emails, at least.
Might be on the wrong thread here but when do we start doing finance and accomodation? I still need to visit my universities for Open Days around Feb/March so I can decide which one I want to go to ^^ :tongue:
hi guys, i sent of my ucas this tuesday and i have one interview and two other acknowledgements. currently i havent recieved an acknowledgement email from east anglia and bath, does anyone know if this might be something normal?? or should i wait for my ucas track login to come, then check if they recieved my application from there??

many thanks, James.
Not all universities send acknowledgements, don't worry about it.
Original post by James A
hi guys, i sent of my ucas this tuesday and i have one interview and two other acknowledgements. currently i havent recieved an acknowledgement email from east anglia and bath, does anyone know if this might be something normal?? or should i wait for my ucas track login to come, then check if they recieved my application from there??

many thanks, James.

Applications pile up in the weeks before Xmas + hols are starting.
just wait as they may have not got round to it, some don't send acknowledgements anyway.
Argh Newcastle, why would you bother emailing me about scholarships that my course makes me not eligible for? :tongue:
Reply 2894
Looks like that's pretty much another week without an offer :frown: Oh well, maybe week 7 will give me some birthday and christmas presents!! :smile:
Reply 2895
I sent my application off on 2nd December, UCAS recieved it on the 9th. I've got emails from Reading, Leicester and York saying they've recieved my applications, but no actual offers yet. All I see on my facebook feed is people getting offers. It's driving me crazy D:

I get my email on my phone as well, so whenever my phone goes off I literally run to it to read what it says. It's usually just Superdrug emailing me though :frown:
I sent my UCAS in on the 12th of this month so it has been hardly any time but I am already impatient!
got 3 acknowledgement emails though! :biggrin:
Reply 2897
I was worried about this, as LSE were the only ones who hadn't acknowledged me. I just emailed their admissions just to be certain. They said that there was just a problem when generating the email. It's worth just double checking for peace of mind :smile:
Original post by Azza919
. It's worth just double checking for peace of mind :smile:

You must be insecure if you require confirmation of something that you actually know to have happened in order to get peace of mind. Many university departments don't send acknowledgements as they feel they cannot justify spending taxpayers' money on telling applicants what they already know.
I'm waiting to hear from Brighton and Sussex, having received an offer from London Met a week or so ago. I'm glad to have 'got in' somewhere but that was my 5th choice.

It feels like every minute of the day is dedicated to waiting on news !

Good luck everyone, hopefully over Christmas we'll start to hear more...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending