Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Myths and facts on Student Finance - on TSR from 2pm! 15-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied last year but I think these should still be broadly relevant:

Applied - 14th October
    1st Offer - 24th November
    2nd Offer - 21st December
    3rd Offer - 5th January
    4th Offer - 6th January
    5th Offer - 21st January

Just remember that the dates will vary between universities and departments, and that when you get your offer relative to other people usually doesn't say anything about how strong your application is
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applied on 3rd October, got my first offer on the 12th October for my insurance choice

Completely depends on the university department, seems UEA's biochemistry section is very quick!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    About 2 weeks, mine was sent mid-November.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm just gonna drop in here and hope to put some people at ease:

Sent my UCAS in late September, 1st offer mid October (Exeter), one mid November (Sussex), Oxford interview in December (Offer a week later), solid rejection from Durham in January and heard bugger all from Edinburgh until right before the deadline for replies! It is not a contest of who can get the most offers the fastest, some unis do them as they come in, some wait for all of them to come in (Like the lovely Edinburgh) Patience
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applied on Oct 11th

First offer on Oct 26th
    Second offer on Nov 2nd
    Third offer on Nov 10th
    Fourth offer on Dec 6th
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard yet from Bristol at all? Or York? My only two left waiting. Bristol is killing me inside.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was so frustrating watching everybody get offers - really pissed me off.

But, applied on the 13th October, then my first offer came 18th November.

UCAS....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine was processed on 5th december, got my first offer on the 9th december, and the second on the 13th, just 3 more to go but i know that's not going to be will into january
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    About a week later, if even that! Royal Holloway were on the ball
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    15 days from Lancaster for economics.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Royal holloway generally seem speedy
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine was processed by UCAS on 11th Dec and I got an offer on the 21st.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodianne)
    I did only send it off 5 days ago, so I know I'm gonna be waiting a month or two for replies. But still, it doesn't stop me checking 829 times a day

I've just checked UCAS again... then I snapped back to reality. Why would it update at 1am? :lolwut:
    Youre not as daft as you think you are checking at 1am... i checked at 3 minutes past midnight and my offers had come through from LJMU... Asked my tutor about it, as the as the last time time i had checked track was about 8pm the day before (wishful thinking, hoping as its the run up to Xmas the Unis might be working late on processing applications) and she said track updates at 12pm and 5pm and she was pretty sure it updates automatically at 12am and 5am depending on the time the daty before that the offers were sent obviously im not 100% sure on this, but i hope it makes you feel better about the obsessive checking... i feel a bit strange now i have all five offers, and im not checking on the hour every hour!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennyfb)
    Youre not as daft as you think you are checking at 1am... i checked at 3 minutes past midnight and my offers had come through from LJMU... Asked my tutor about it, as the as the last time time i had checked track was about 8pm the day before (wishful thinking, hoping as its the run up to Xmas the Unis might be working late on processing applications) and she said track updates at 12pm and 5pm and she was pretty sure it updates automatically at 12am and 5am depending on the time the daty before that the offers were sent obviously im not 100% sure on this, but i hope it makes you feel better about the obsessive checking... i feel a bit strange now i have all five offers, and im not checking on the hour every hour!
    This is wrong, Track has updated for me at 12:45 pm, 3:00 pm, 6:15 pm and 4:15 pm. I believe it updated at those times a few years ago though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Track updates every 15 minutes.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does it update at weekends?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is it better to check track or your email?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodianne)
    Does it update at weekends?
    Yurp it does.

And also, last year someone said they got an offer on christmas eve.
    • 78 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is possible - Oxford and Cambridge do, for example.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Title pretty much explains it ... I sent off my application on Friday to do Psychology at UEA, Glasgow, York, Manchester and Nottingham and so far have acknowledgements from Glasgow, York and Manchester.

Obviously I am not expecting all 5 replies within the next few weeks, but being mega impatient, I was just wondering what university made a decision in the quickest amount of time for you? I've heard that some people receive a decision the day after they receive the acknowledgement .. but I guess it all depends on the individual and the university.

Thanks for any replies!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 1, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.