The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3020
Just got a "connect with UCAS" email. Thought it was because my UCAS was updated but nooooooooo.
Still waiting to hear. I sent mine off at the beginning of october and have heard nothing. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Besakt
Just got a "connect with UCAS" email. Thought it was because my UCAS was updated but nooooooooo.
Still waiting to here. I sent mine off at the beginning of october and have heard nothing. :frown:

OMG! same happened to me :frown: *sigh* :rolleyes:
Reply 3022
Original post by Miss Sweet
OMG! same happened to me :frown: *sigh* :rolleyes:

I was thinking :eek: OMG! My first reply, then opened it and thought **** you UCAS spam. This waiting is going to drive me insane.
Original post by Besakt
I was thinking :eek: OMG! My first reply, then opened it and thought **** you UCAS spam. This waiting is going to drive me insane.

yeahhh, same i'v been rejected from most of the uni's i applied for sooo :frown:
btw what have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 3024
yeahhh, same i'v been rejected from most of the uni's i applied for sooo :frown:
btw what have you applied for? :smile:

:eek: I'm sure you'll get an offer. :biggrin:

Where did you apply? What course?

I've applied for medicine.
Original post by Besakt
:eek: I'm sure you'll get an offer. :biggrin:

Where did you apply? What course?

I've applied for medicine.

i've applied for primary education
and applied to huddersfield x2 courses - unsuccesful for primary education and accepted for childhood studies :/
stockport college x 1 (back-up) - Accepted
bradford college- Unsuccesful (FML-even tho they only wanted 180, guess they thought am too good for their college :wink: )
and manchester metro uni - still waiting, REALLLY want to get iiin here!!!!! :rolleyes:

wbuuu?
Reply 3026
i've applied for primary education
and applied to huddersfield x2 courses - unsuccesful for primary education and accepted for childhood studies :/
stockport college x 1 (back-up) - Accepted
bradford college- Unsuccesful (FML-even tho they only wanted 180, guess they thought am too good for their college :wink: )
and manchester metro uni - still waiting, REALLLY want to get iiin here!!!!! :rolleyes:

wbuuu?

Medicine
East Anglia - Expecting a rejection from here because most of their interviews have been given out already.
Southampton - I think they have made a pillow out of all the applications and are sleeping on them.
Leeds - I really want to go here but I think they will start giving offers out after the new year.

Clinical Sciences
Bradford - They are taking their time.

Biomedical Sciences
St George, London - I don't even know why I applied here.
Original post by Besakt
Medicine
East Anglia - Expecting a rejection from here because most of their interviews have been given out already.
Southampton - I think they have made a pillow out of all the applications and are sleeping on them.
Leeds - I really want to go here but I think they will start giving offers out after the new year.

Clinical Sciences
Bradford - They are taking their time.

Biomedical Sciences
St George, London - I don't even know why I applied here.

Aww, well i just hope everyone gets a place where they REALLY want to go and study tbh.
The moment when you get am email from ucas is soo -_- proper intense feeling though right?
Especially when you log onto track and they're rejections -_-
Reply 3028
I got acknowledgements from all but one of my unis the day after sending my application and an offer from heriot-watt, so yeah they were pretty speedy! Still nothing from aberdeen though....
Original post by Joey15
S**t, I'm sorry to hear :frown:. What did you apply to do?

I applied to do adult nursing, what are you applying to do? :smile:
Ive been checking my email all day. Something told me to check my spam. So i did, i saw an email from bolton 2 hours ago. I got so excited i took off my headphones (Not really sure why, though :s), i click open and all i see is a bloody acknowledgement. Better than nothing of course, but i was so excited :frown:
Reply 3031
Original post by hannielou

I applied to do adult nursing, what are you applying to do? :smile:

Sorry to hear it :frown:. And I'm applying for Philosophy - so scared of rejection. How did you take it? Like for advice...
:woo: Just received my first offer (at last)! So happy I literally ran around my house screaming/singing! :tongue:
Reply 3033
Original post by smoliver
:woo: Just received my first offer (at last)! So happy I literally ran around my house screaming/singing! :tongue:

Congratulations!

Where from? What course?
Original post by Besakt
Congratulations!

Where from? What course?

Thanks :smile: It's from Lincoln to do Film and Television Production :smile:
Inbox: 1

track@ucas - status notification - something has changed on your UCAS application.

cue 20 minutes of panicking like mad ... i open it up, have an Unsuccessful from manchester. i'm not too worried about that though because i know manchester is very oversubscribed and i didn't meet the grade boundaries anyway - i didn't know what to put as my 5th choice so i just thought, 'ah i'll take a risk on manchester.'

s'ok...i only sent my application on friday (reference was slow) so i'm trying not to be despondent about the other offers...
Reply 3036
I dreamed I got an unconditional from Strathclyde..
Woke up and was slightly disappointed. :s-smilie:
Archaeology and Anthropology
Oxford - DENIED
Bristol - BBB :woo:
Manchester - ABB

Still twitching over Durham and Edinburgh.... Email?! Phone vibration?! Ucas?! god it's killing me :wink:
Original post by Zhy
I imagine Oxford gives rejections on Christmas Day

No, they're not that cruel. It's usually Christmas Eve.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
No, they're not that cruel. It's usually Christmas Eve.

:awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending