The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Contrad!ction.
Thing is, they've only sent it to people who've applied to them, and it came along with a nice summary of my application so far :tongue:

Just sadism then.:frown:
Original post by Contrad!ction.
BRISTOL EMAILED ME!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

... to give me a glimpse of life in Bristol. :angry:

THIS DOES NOT HELP ME AT ALL!!! *goes mad*

aaaah this was me 5 minutes ago except it was 'seasons greetings' from UEA and 'this is another opportunity to show you what a unique place we are' etc.

dammit, i know that otherwise i wouldn't have applied!!

although i haven't had an acknowledgement frm UEA yet (i did send my application off on friday so it's probably a bit early) - does anyone know if UEA usually send out acknowledgements, and if so, how soon after you apply?

:biggrin:
Reply 3082
Original post by BexyBear
Sorry to hear that, what did you apply for/what where your grades or reasons for rejection? x

Biomedical Sciences, I already have ABC at A level and I'm resitting one module in January to get the C to a B. They didn't give a reason but I've emailed them asking for feedback. I'm wondering whether it's because of the resit or because it's a resit in Chemistry. Been thinking about it all evening :s-smilie::tongue:
Original post by codle
My school have FINALLY sent off my application, following lots of pestering and an angry email from my mother :biggrin: hope it doesn't take too long, but I know offers may be scarce being nearly Christmas...

Yay for you :biggrin:
Reply 3084
Original post by Sophie1805

Original post by Sophie1805
Durham, PLEASE SEND OUT OFFERS FOR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT.

Thankyou very much.

I have also applied for Business Management at Durham, it's my first choice :smile:.
Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 3085
Original post by mahjongmagic
Yay for you :biggrin:

Hehe thank you :P good luck with your application :smile: how's it going?
Original post by codle
Hehe thank you :P good luck with your application :smile: how's it going?

Thanks! :redface:. It hasn't really advanced much, still waiting on Dundee in February time so there's plenty of time to wait and fret over it.
Reply 3087
New around here but desperately trying to find ways to distract me from checking track every waking hour, hope you don't mind me joining!

Sent my UCAS off two weeks ago today and got my first offer through yesterday to study Psychology at UEA :biggrin:

Also applied to UCL, Durham, Sheffield and York...and all the waiting's driving me crazy!
I just got an offer today for Bsc Economics at SOAS
Reply 3089
Original post by mahjongmagic
Thanks! :redface:. It hasn't really advanced much, still waiting on Dundee in February time so there's plenty of time to wait and fret over it.

Aww, well I don't think it'll be long before I join you in the fretting...
Original post by Joey15
Sorry to hear it :frown:. And I'm applying for Philosophy - so scared of rejection. How did you take it? Like for advice...

Well I got an interview at Canterbury the same day I got the rejection, but I focused on just being positive about that, I thought that I have 4 other options so Im alright with it now, not everyone gets in so Im not too upset about it :smile:
I've got 4/5 of my offers! I really wanted all 5 of them before christmas! Doesn't seem like that will happen now.
It is my first choice that hasn't got back to me! :frown:
The worst thing is lots of people have offers for my course.:erm:
(edited 12 years ago)
I've sent my application 2 days ago and I'm an Italian student. How long do you think will take the letter to arrive? Ucas website says around three weeks but I can't wait so long :biggrin:
Reply 3093
Original post by isengard1
I've sent my application 2 days ago and I'm an Italian student. How long do you think will take the letter to arrive? Ucas website says around three weeks but I can't wait so long :biggrin:

It took two weeks to me in Germany. But I could log in to Track directly after my application was send. Could use my ID that is shown in 'Apply'.
Reply 3094
Original post by German_Saskia
It took two weeks to me in Germany. But I could log in to Track directly after my application was send. Could use my ID that is shown in 'Apply'.

In your sig it says correct you if you have any mistakes in spelling or grammar, you spelt grammar with an "e" instead of an "a".
Original post by Besakt
In your sig it says correct you if you have any mistakes in spelling or grammar, you spelt grammar with an "e" instead of an "a".

I think the smiley after it indicates a possibly ironic tone...
I was whining about not hearing anything from my insurance when my first choice got back to me in two weeks, what I didn't realize was they sent me an offer but was put into the junk mail. So even hotmail knows this uni is crap haha.
Reply 3097
Original post by Besakt
In your sig it says correct you if you have any mistakes in spelling or grammar, you spelt grammar with an 'e' instead of an 'a'.

No I was serious about this. No ironic tone. :redface:

Original post by carnationlilyrose
I think the smiley after it indicates a possibly ironic tone...

Thx I change that. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3098
No I was serious about this. No ironic tone. :redface:

Thx I change that. :wink:

:lol: I felt really bad for a second there.

I tried yesterday but my account was temporarily suspended because of too many incorrect attempts (today has been unlocked). So probably the ID is different. Should I try again? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest