The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by stifa
I used the same password, and did never hit the "forgot password" button... :confused:
Were your 'personal ID' on the Welcome letter and the one you had before you submitted your application the same? It used to be that you couldn't get in to Track until you'd received your Welcome letter, because it included a new ID number, and the 'workaround' was to go down the 'I've forgotten my password' route. People who were a long way off and desperate to get in to Track and see what was happening used it a lot!

If UCAS has now changed it so that you just have the one number, excellent :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by Minerva
Were your 'personal ID' on the Welcome letter and the one you had before you submitted your application the same? It used to be that you couldn't get in to Track until you'd received your Welcome letter, because it included a new ID number, and the 'workaround' was to go down the 'I've forgotten my password' route. People who were a long way off and desperate to get in to Track and see what was happening used it a lot!

If UCAS has now changed it so that you just have the one number, excellent :biggrin:

The ID numbers were the same to me. I logged onto Track successfully by copying the ID from the UCAS Apply page as well as using the same login details.

In other words, I have had access to Track since the 26th of September, but received my welcome letter at the 30th.
Reply 22
Original post by mpc1
Sure?

I thought it is!

The same is being addressed here as well - http://www.facebook.com/ucasonline
Can't see that as not on facebook, but see below....

Original post by thompsonic7
I got into track without my welcome letter, by putting in my username/password and hitting 'lost ID' button, they sent an email with it in which I used and got in no problem.

Seriously though, the waiting is killing me already. How I will last til March or whenever is doubtful right now...

Original post by Locket
I did this. I logged on to track the day my school sent my form off. And it was the same password, username and ID.
And I didn't get my welcome letter until 2 days later.
Have updated the OP to reflect this change.

Original post by stifa
The ID numbers were the same to me. I logged onto Track successfully by copying the ID from the UCAS Apply page as well as using the same login details.

In other words, I have had access to Track since the 26th of September, but received my welcome letter at the 30th.
See above :smile:
Reply 23
my details have evidently changed... sigh i will have to wait now.
On one hand, I'm desperate to hear back from at least one University, but on the other, I'm petrified that my first change will be a rejection...
Reply 25
Original post by maths134
my details have evidently changed... sigh i will have to wait now.

What details have evidently changed and why?
Reply 26
Original post by Minerva
Can't see that as not on facebook, but see below....

Have updated the OP to reflect this change.

See above :smile:

don;t think one needs a facebook account to access ucasonline.
Reply 27
Original post by mpc1
What details have evidently changed and why?

I cant use the same username/password/code. So I assume I will have a different code when the letter arrives.
Reply 28
I cant use the same username/password/code. So I assume I will have a different code when the letter arrives.

Have you tried this?
Reply 29
Original post by stifa
Have you tried this?

yeh I get this concerning message...

'Unfortunately we cannot identify your account details using the email address you have supplied. This could be because it does not match the address on your account, or more than one account matches the email address.'

oh dear..
Reply 30
Original post by mpc1
don;t think one needs a facebook account to access ucasonline.
No, but that link just took me to a facebook landing page -
Reply 31
yeh I get this concerning message...

'Unfortunately we cannot identify your account details using the email address you have supplied. This could be because it does not match the address on your account, or more than one account matches the email address.'

oh dear..

When was your application sent to UCAS? Remember that they need up to a few days to process the application before you're able to log onto Track.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by stifa
When was your application sent to UCAS? Remember that the need up to a few days to process the application before you're able to log onto Track.

lol well I'm being a bit keen I suppose... it was sent about 4 hours ago... woops
Reply 33
Four acknowledgements. I know it could be ages yet but -.-
Reply 34
lol well I'm being a bit keen I suppose... it was sent about 4 hours ago... woops

You'll have it by tomorrow afternoon then, I believe! They won't notify you by email, but some universities send an acknowledgement email very quick The (very swift) email from Bath was the first sign of my application being completely processed by UCAS.
Reply 35
Original post by Minerva
How long before I hear anything?
Nobody can say. Some people get offers within 48 hours; others wait for weeks or months without hearing anything, not even an acknowledgement. Where used (many unis and/or courses don't send them) acknowledgements are generated automatically and their timing and content is of no significance whatsoever.

Who on earth gets an offer within 48 hours?!??!!?!
Original post by joshgoldman
Who on earth gets an offer within 48 hours?!??!!?!

Not me it would seem! (It would have been nice though)
Reply 37

Are you a re-applicant or first time applicant?

Some of them (first time applicants) were able to get into track RIGHT after applying.
Reply 38
Anyone got any offers/decisions today??
I wish my school would stop pissing around with my reference :s-smilie: the headteacher's had it since Friday, should've thought that would have given her time to give it a cursory glance and send it off...

Quick Reply