The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
If you haven't heard, it just means they haven't decided either way. They have huge amounts of applications to get through, and they haven't got to yours yet. But if they knew they wanted to reject you they would have done thatso it isn't necessarily going to be bad!
Original post by Juno
If you haven't heard, it just means they haven't decided either way. They have huge amounts of applications to get through, and they haven't got to yours yet. But if they knew they wanted to reject you they would have done thatso it isn't necessarily going to be bad!

Yeah that's my thinking too, if they wanted to reject me they would have done it by now... but it's frustrating cuz i see other people for my course getting offers from the same 2 unis and it's like.. what if all the places go before they get round to my application? lol
Reply 4082
Original post by goussberry
Yeah that's my thinking too, if they wanted to reject me they would have done it by now... but it's frustrating cuz i see other people for my course getting offers from the same 2 unis and it's like.. what if all the places go before they get round to my application? lol

They don't do it like that. They make many more offers than they have places available, so there isn't a set number and a few more doesn't matter.
Basically, should I be worried that 2 of my unis are taking so long to get back to me? Does this mean I'm likely to be rejected?

Nottingham have said by end of Feb they'd get back to me - I still haven't heard from them, but 2 people applying to the same course as me got an offer today! Does this mean that they've sent all their offers out already and are now sending out rejections? I also know another person for the same course who got rejected earlier...

Leeds as well I'm waiting on.. They said end of March and I now one person who got an offer from them for my course in the beginning of Feb

Should I be concerned they're not getting back to me as quickly? Does this mean I'm likely to be rejected? or is no news good news in this case?

In case it matters, I have offers from my other 3 unis who all got back to me before Xmas... (Sheffield, Manchester, Cardiff)

They didn't specify the day, and February hasn't finished yet, so expect your offer (or rejection) any time during the next 4 ish days. Don't worry if you don't got an offer from Nottingham or Leeds, you've already got 3 offers from 3 very good universities. If you've got offers from those universities, you're clearly a very good candidate, and there's a very good chance you might get offers from Leeds or Nottingham

EDIT: Isn't today a Sunday? I thought the Royal Mail doesn't deliver letters on Sunday?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Politricks
They didn't specify the day, and February hasn't finished yet, so expect your offer (or rejection) any time during the next 4 ish days. Don't worry if you don't got an offer from Nottingham or Leeds, you've already got 3 offers from 3 very good universities. If you've got offers from those universities, you're clearly a very good candidate, and there's a very good chance you might get offers from Leeds or Nottingham

EDIT: Isn't today a Sunday? I thought the Royal Mail doesn't deliver letters on Sunday?

Thank you :smile: made me feel better. But Leeds is my top that's why I'm worried.. I fell in love with the campus so :/

Sorry I didn't mean today! And offers come through via email before letters, but I don't think offers are made on Sunday's either
Thank you :smile: made me feel better. But Leeds is my top that's why I'm worried.. I fell in love with the campus so :/

Sorry I didn't mean today! And offers come through via email before letters, but I don't think offers are made on Sunday's either

Oh, so it's Leeds which you're interested in most?
Then don't worry about it, Manchester and Sheffield are ranked higher on the Complete University Guide, so if you can get offers from them, there's a very good chance you'll get an offer from Leeds, which is ranked lower, but it's still a very good University.
Oh, so it's Leeds which you're interested in most?
Then don't worry about it, Manchester and Sheffield are ranked higher on the Complete University Guide, so if you can get offers from them, there's a very good chance you'll get an offer from Leeds, which is ranked lower, but it's still a very good University.

Tis indeed. Yeah I noticed that too but then why hve loads of other people got offers for my course but not me? I'm baffled by it all.

Thanks for the encouragement tho :smile: are you at uni now?
Tis indeed. Yeah I noticed that too but then why hve loads of other people got offers for my course but not me? I'm baffled by it all.

I wish

I'm doing my AS levels right now, I hope to get into Pharmacy, I'm thinking about applying for UEA, Manchester, Aston, LSOP and Hertfordshire.

Don't worry, some people get letters at different times, good luck for Leeds
Reply 4088

Depends on your predicted grades as well as the time you sent your application. I've also applied to Leeds and still haven't got a offer yet although they did call me to a open day which I forgot about :colondollar:. But don't worry there's still along time left till the final deadline so no need to worry.
I wish

I'm doing my AS levels right now, I hope to get into Pharmacy, I'm thinking about applying for UEA, Manchester, Aston, LSOP and Hertfordshire.

Don't worry, some people get letters at different times, good luck for Leeds

Ooo also good unis. Manchester is lovely of you've never been btw. Thank you!
Original post by TLK
Depends on your predicted grades as well as the time you sent your application. I've also applied to Leeds and still haven't got a offer yet although they did call me to a open day which I forgot about :colondollar:. But don't worry there's still along time left till the final deadline so no need to worry.

My predicts are AAB, Leeds wants AAB. Sheffiled offered me AAA; Manchester AAB; and Cardiff ABB.

If they call you for an open day it means they're gonna give you an offer :tongue: Cardiff that to me & 6 hours later I got the offer. I know but it's really frustrating having to wait :frown:
Reply 4091
My predicts are AAB, Leeds wants AAB. Sheffiled offered me AAA; Manchester AAB; and Cardiff ABB.

If they call you for an open day it means they're gonna give you an offer :tongue: Cardiff that to me & 6 hours later I got the offer. I know but it's really frustrating having to wait :frown:

What course?
For me, I heard earlier for the ones I didn't get into and it took longer to hear from the ones I did!
Original post by `God
What course?

My top choice of course is English Language & Literature, but for 2 (Manchester & Cardiff) I just applied for English Language.
So a pretty competitive course it seems..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GlitterFreak
For me, I heard earlier for the ones I didn't get into and it took longer to hear from the ones I did!

Oh that's interesting! Where did you apply & what was the latest date you heard from the unis?
I originally had an offer to do psychology and child studies at Lincoln uni but then the course was discontinued, so I had to put in a late application (which i am slighlty annoyed about!) to nottingham uni for mental health nursing. Still havent heard back about whether I have got an interview. Does anyone know the latest date for an interview decision?

x
Seemingly Edinburgh's humanities department are sending out all decisions by the end of February.

3 days left then.
Applying to.. Bristol but i haven't got a response as yet, i'm really panicking. Has anyone got offers or interviews for archaeo and anthro BA yet????
Oh that's interesting! Where did you apply & what was the latest date you heard from the unis?

I can't remember fully the dates I heard as this was two years ago. But I applied to Execter and Bristol and got rejected, heard Jan/feb.
Then Manchester I heard in Feb.
Then Cardiff (where I am at) and Leeds, not until the end of Feb, maybe March!
Original post by GlitterFreak
I can't remember fully the dates I heard as this was two years ago. But I applied to Execter and Bristol and got rejected, heard Jan/feb.
Then Manchester I heard in Feb.
Then Cardiff (where I am at) and Leeds, not until the end of Feb, maybe March!

Oh ok! Thank you that's a bit more comforting. What did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending