Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceElizabeth19)
    I've re-applied for university this year, due to how rubbish Lampeter and its History course is, but I was just if anybody else has had a reply from either Southampton Solent, Central Lancashire or Worecester? All of them are for Film Production/ Film and Television Studies... I applied back in January and still waiting, it's starting to get me a bit frustrated right now with the amount of waiting as I didn't wait this long last year =/

I've gotten a conditional offer from Birmingham City and an interview from UCA so far.
    I applied to solent back in Dec and haven't had a decision, although I'm not doing the same course, they have still sent me a few emails but no solid reply.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LCC is the only uni I haven't heard back from yet. I applied for Film and Television.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahoo)
    I've been accepted to the LCC Film & TV program, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Queen Mary. A lot of people applying to QMUL film studies on tsr have seemed to not have heard back yet.
    Congrats on getting a place!
    Did you have an interview? I really hope I hear from them, they were my number 1 for Film + Television!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostArtOfMurder)
    LCC is the only uni I haven't heard back from yet. I applied for Film and Television.
    Thanks for your reply, maybe there's hope for us yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaRose)
    Congrats on getting a place!
    Did you have an interview? I really hope I hear from them, they were my number 1 for Film + Television!

I did have an interview, but it may just have been because I'm an international student! The interview was really relaxed and the vibe the interviewers gave off really turned me on to the school. I wasn't very sure of how I felt about LCC at all, and now it's my very high second choice!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaRose)
    Thanks for your reply, maybe there's hope for us yet?
    I'm sure there's hope still, I wouldn't worry
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Theology and Religious Studies.
    Yourself?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Napier why you need so long. It's about nearly 5 month now. :confused:
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello the good people of TSR, I seek your wisdom

Basically, i applied to Bradford uni for pharmacy, 2012 entry. Handed in the application in November last year. All of my choices have got back to me, except bradford and im wondering whether or not to ring them up, to see what the status of my application is. Nothing on Track has changed regarding bradford.

Im not impatient but its March tomorrow, so im getting a little bit worried as Bradford was going to be my firm .

So do i ring up today to check the status of my application, but im worried they might rush through my application and reject me? or do i wait?

Any help/advice will be much appreciated, thank you
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)

Basically, i applied to Bradford uni for pharmacy, 2012 entry. Handed in the application in November last year. All of my choices have got back to me, except bradford and im wondering whether or not to ring them up, to see what the status of my application is. Nothing on Track has changed regarding bradford.

Im not impatient but its March tomorrow, so im getting a little bit worried as Bradford was going to be my firm .

So do i ring up today to check the status of my application, but im worried they might rush through my application and reject me? or do i wait?

The have until May to make a decision. That's more than 2 months away.

Don't call them, you haven't been forgotten and a decision will come with time. Plenty of people will also be waiting for a decision for this course and at other universities, we're pretty early in the game at the moment as a lot of offers will come in March.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    The have until May to make a decision. That's more than 2 months away.

Don't call them, you haven't been forgotten and a decision will come with time. Plenty of people will also be waiting for a decision for this course and at other universities, we're pretty early in the game at the moment as a lot of offers will come in March.
    Okay, ill do just that, thank you!

:hugs:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)

Actually, I'd advise that you call them. There really is no downside to calling them - they can't really hold it against you for wanting to check up on your application. They probably won't make their decision any quicker, but at least you'll have peace of mind that there hasn't been a mistake somewhere. You might as well if it's on your mind- no bad could come of it!
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    Actually, I'd advise that you call them. There really is no downside to calling them - they can't really hold it against you for wanting to check up on your application. They probably won't make their decision any quicker, but at least you'll have peace of mind that there hasn't been a mistake somewhere. You might as well if it's on your mind- no bad could come of it!
    True. But they have been giving me updates, such as signing up to their portal thingy bob about a month ago. Ill wait until mid-march, if nothing then ill ring
    thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did have an interview, but it may just have been because I'm an international student! The interview was really relaxed and the vibe the interviewers gave off really turned me on to the school. I wasn't very sure of how I felt about LCC at all, and now it's my very high second choice!
    Thanks for your reply once again! I've just received an email inviting me to an interview at LCC, I'm so relieved!
    What did the interview consist of? I see there's a written examination and then possibly an interview following that if you're successful?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey--mine was just an interview, I didn't wind up having to do the written exam. I've heard different things, it might be a short paper about a movie, or it might be the essay you're supposed to write regarding which area of study you want to go into your final year. I'm not sure if they still do that, they seem to be restructuring the program from what I've read/heard. I don't think it should be too stressful, I think they just want to make sure you can provide insight regarding film and/or why you want to study it.

The interview was very typical, semi casual, though the interviewer was definitely assertive. It was the usual why LCC/why Film/what experience do you have/why an academic study/etc. I showed my showreel/portfolio items, we talked about them, and at the end of the interview, the interviewer offered me a place! All in all, it was a really good experience.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey--mine was just an interview, I didn't wind up having to do the written exam. I've heard different things, it might be a short paper about a movie, or it might be the essay you're supposed to write regarding which area of study you want to go into your final year. I'm not sure if they still do that, they seem to be restructuring the program from what I've read/heard. I don't think it should be too stressful, I think they just want to make sure you can provide insight regarding film and/or why you want to study it.

The interview was very typical, semi casual, though the interviewer was definitely assertive. It was the usual why LCC/why Film/what experience do you have/why an academic study/etc. I showed my showreel/portfolio items, we talked about them, and at the end of the interview, the interviewer offered me a place! All in all, it was a really good experience.
    It sounds like you had a really positive experience at LCC! What sort of things did you have in your show reel?
    I'm a bit nervous as I come from a Fine Arts background, and so most of my film work is highly ideas based, as opposed to being particularly aesthetic or technical
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My showreel included a lot of stuff I did while working, clips from short films, adverts, some test footage we shot. It was all over music, so there was no narrative. I wouldn't be worried, though. It is an arts school, and they'll be interested in what you have to say as well as what you have to show. They will want to see that you have an aesthetic inclination, but that you have meaning behind your work will carry just as much importance. Realistically, I think they just want to see that you have a vision and the ambition/passion to create. As long as you're well spoken and passionate, I think you'll be fine :].
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chumm)
    I applied to solent back in Dec and haven't had a decision, although I'm not doing the same course, they have still sent me a few emails but no solid reply.
    What course have you applied for? And also, did you have an interview or were you sent a letter for an interview?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Goldsmiths Media and Communication and haven't received a reply yet. I've read here and elsewhere that a lot of people are getting interviews. Is there anyone that got a conditional or unconditional offer without attending an interview? Starting to lose hope now!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chumm)
    I've had the same thing, I guess they're probably just taking their time going over the applicants for each subject very carefully then *shrugs*

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 1, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.