The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Starting to worry I've had no acknowlgements application was sent on 6/10, and I've heard nada from the universities.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpc1)
    Are you a re-applicant or first time applicant?

Some of them (first time applicants) were able to get into track RIGHT after applying.
    first time applicant
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths134)
    first time applicant
    At what time was your application sent off?

Typically, should be possible to log into track with the ucas user name, pwd and ucas ID.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpc1)
    At what time was your application sent off?

Typically, should be possible to log into track with the ucas user name, pwd and ucas ID.
    It was sent off at about 6pm today.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshgoldman)
    Who on earth gets an offer within 48 hours?!??!!?!
    It happens. One year it was Manchester that kept sending out really swift offers for all sorts of courses, the next year it was Sheffield.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonic7)
    Starting to worry I've had no acknowlgements application was sent on 6/10, and I've heard nada from the universities.
    Some unis never send acknowledgements at all, so don't worry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    It happens. One year it was Manchester that kept sending out really swift offers for all sorts of courses, the next year it was Sheffield.

As per some of the posts, last year this time, there seems to be more number of offers in 2010 around this time!

Any idea why ? rather why not this year yet?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpc1)
    As per some of the posts, last year this time, there seems to be more number of offers in 2010 around this time!

Any idea why ? rather why not this year yet?
    Nope - except that it may be that unis are being a bit more cautious about sending out early offers than they used to be. I agree with you, though - there's usually more to report by this stage!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope - except that it may be that unis are being a bit more cautious about sending out early offers than they used to be. I agree with you, though - there's usually more to report by this stage!
    for what?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpc1)
    for what?
    Huh? Do you mean, which courses? My comment was generic - unis have found themselves in previous years having made 'too many' offers too soon, so perhaps they are taking their time this year, waiting to see what comes in by the end of October, for instance.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonic7)
    I wouldn't worry too much, universities like to take there time.

What did you apply for? And where?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Your payment has been accepted and your application has been sent to your referee.

:woo: Nearly there, then the long wait begins
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just logged into UCAS using the method in the OP, despite a couple of acknowledgments I've received, track doesn't show this. Is that right? Just blank with the choices.

I assume it only changes once you get an offer/rejection.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalLifeForever)
    Just logged into UCAS using the method in the OP, despite a couple of acknowledgments I've received, track doesn't show this. Is that right? Just blank with the choices.

I assume it only changes once you get an offer/rejection.
    It's right; don't worry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stifa)
    It's right; don't worry.
    Thanks!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    ZOMG Got acknowledgments from Kings, Leicester, St. Andrews and QMUL....but nothing from Newcastle?! :O I think i'm panicking too much lol. I have a long wait ahead of me...I've applied to medicine haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Come on Manchester, give me an offer. You know you want to
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Med_Geek)
    ZOMG Got acknowledgments from Kings, Leicester, St. Andrews and QMUL....but nothing from Newcastle?! :O I think i'm panicking too much lol. I have a long wait ahead of me...I've applied to medicine haha.

I've only had 3 out of 5 replies, and I applied last Friday! Don't worry, I don't think some unis even send acknowledgements!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, before that offers thread got derailed and closed, there were a few people with Manchester offers in there.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 1, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.