The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mpc1
well done!

is this your first offer?

what are your other choices and did you hear from them so far?

Yeah its my first

My others are Manchester, Bristol, Cambridge and LSE

I've had acknowledgements from them all and have an interview at Manchester two weeks tomorrow.
Original post by Muffinz
Don't bother checking track, just check your email as normal. Checking trac like a loon isn't going to make offers come faster, and you'd be better off spending the time doing homework and revision and making friends and stuff.

Hehe, don't get me wrong- I don't check it that much, I'm mostly doing revision for my January exams during this half term to be honest.
Just be patient.
Reply 923
Only just found this thread, thank God!
Been speculating by myself on this haha...

Sent my application off on the 13th October, for psychology with philosophy.
I know it's only been two weeks but I have so many friends who have sent it off later than me and recieved offers...
One friend recieved an offer from Manchester three days after they acknowledged her application, so jealous, guess the wait is on! :frown:
Original post by PhysicsMan
Which course is this? I've applied to Nottingham for Physics...

Biology :smile:
Whyyy am I checking track at 10pm! THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!
You can get an offer at any time. And you can most definitely get an e-mail at any time, since track doesn't always send out the e-mail immediately as the offer is received - so the offer might be there at 8pm but track might e-mail you 1am! :smile: Check it as much as you want, it's all part of the craze :tongue:
I check it like 5/6 times a day....this is bad. :P
Reply 928
I thought they used to send e-mails at a certain time of day, something like 10:30pm maybe being the last? That, or maybe it's about 6pm, as I don't think universities will be processing any applications past ~5ish really. I don't remember, but they definitely don't e-mail straight away, it's only a few times a day they e-mail with updates.
Reply 929
Original post by mpc1
so, is it not updated on track? how were you informed about this - email or letter?

They just email and invite me to their open days before the offer is made :smile:
Original post by TCD23
What did you apply for and when did you send your UCAS?

I applied for Music BA. My application went on the 30th September :smile:
Original post by Debbie_xx
I applied for Music BA. My application went on the 30th September :smile:

Well done. Did you have to do an audition or anything?
Original post by TCD23
Well done. Did you have to do an audition or anything?

Nope they did it from my predicted grades and personal statement :smile:
Reply 933
Original post by QuangHa
They just email and invite me to their open days before the offer is made :smile:

Does the offer status show up now on track or not? does it show as conditional?
Original post by Debbie_xx
Nope they did it from my predicted grades and personal statement :smile:

Koolio, thanks for answering. :smile:
Reply 935
Original post by mpc1
Does the offer status show up now on track or not? does it show as conditional?

Nothing is shown, only the email say that I'm guaranteed for an offer, just right after my visit and everything will be official :wink:
Original post by TCD23
Koolio, thanks for answering. :smile:

No probs :smile:
Waiting for news is driving me crazy!!!!
Original post by emmawelton94
omg amen to that bruthaaaas. i've applied for english lit and english lit with creative writing at warwick and they take til MAY apparently. what is this ****, seriously, it's obscene. i mean, i appreciate they want to find the perfect people and everything....i'm just not so good being patient :L may end up eating a dictionary to prove my commitment to english.

EMMA, IT'S EMILY MORGAN! :smile: unless this is a totally different Emma Welton, in which case I do apologise. :redface: I also agree with everything you've said.

Original post by welleducatedmoron
Is English Literature notorious for late offers?! I've applied there too, but there's no one else in my year applying for it for comparison :biggrin:

Well, arts and humanities subjects tend to get later offers than science subjects, but English isn't especially bad to my knowledge. :smile:

In fact, I've just got an offer from Leeds today for English (Q300) and my application's been sent for about three weeks so obviously not all offers come through months late! /gloating :redface:
Reply 939
Original post by Nymthae
I thought they used to send e-mails at a certain time of day, something like 10:30pm maybe being the last? That, or maybe it's about 6pm, as I don't think universities will be processing any applications past ~5ish really. I don't remember, but they definitely don't e-mail straight away, it's only a few times a day they e-mail with updates.

It's on the quarter-hour.

Quick Reply

Latest