The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Any dentistry applicants got any word back - haven't gotten any news apart from an acknowledgement letter :frown:
Original post by MJOwen
I've had a conditional from Cardiff! :biggrin:

Wow! What for? Am applying for chemistry + dentistry at cardiff :smile:
Original post by WhoKnows?
I sent my application for history on the 14th October and have received acknoledgements from all of my universities except Southampton :/

me too :frown: I applied for Maths&CS on 12 Oct and I've been acknowledged by all unis but Soton :frown:
Reply 1003
Original post by ALevelGirl

Wow! What for? Am applying for chemistry + dentistry at cardiff :smile:

English Lit :smile: Cardiff's my first choice! Now they've replied to me I'm no longer interested in this Oxford business: I've got the entrance exam Wednesday :frown:
Original post by MJOwen
English Lit :smile: Cardiff's my first choice! Now they've replied to me I'm no longer interested in this Oxford business: I've got the entrance exam Wednesday :frown:

:biggrin: Thats soo good! Cardiff are my first choice for sure too. Good luck with your exam - hopefully you do well :smile:
Reply 1005

:biggrin: Thats soo good! Cardiff are my first choice for sure too. Good luck with your exam - hopefully you do well :smile:

Thank you :smile: May you end up in Cardiff too! :biggrin:
Original post by desy.kris
great :smile: for Maths&CS. hbu?

ahaha very easy for you to say... -__- they're not JUST mocks to me because those are the grades we'll use to apply to uni... I'm glad my UCAS app has been submitted with the older predictions (which is higher) but I'm worried about my application to other countries :frown:

I'm still waiting for the acknowledgement too :frown: but maybe it's because I'm an international applicant... perhaps they have sent me the postcard but i just haven't received it because it takes 3 weeks to reach me ahaha

Awww :frown: that sucks :s-smilie: My teachers used our AS results for our predicted grades! :/

And yeah maybe :/ I live only about an hour from Southampton, so I am hoping I get the postcard soon :/ but unlucky having to wait weeks :s-smilie:
Reply 1007
Another friend has got an offer - I get more stressed by the minute - although it's comforting to come on here and see I'm not the only one. :smile:
Not wanting to bitch too much, but you really did answer your question in your first post - it takes about 48 hours. This is also, I am sure, covered in FAQ.

But otherwise, it indeed takes 48 hours. What makes you think it hasn't? Have you tried logging in with the details obtained through 'forgot my password', 'forgot my personal ID', etc?

Well if you look at the date I sent my application off and today's date its been well over 48 hours, hence why I'm questioning. I know it hasn't been processed because when I log in to apply it says something along the lines of "your application has been sent to UCAS and will be processed shortly"
I am a re-applicant and last year it was processed on the same day I sent it off and the status was updated to "your application has been processed" and I got my welcome letter 2 days after. So I was wondering why it's taking longer this time round... But anyway thanks for your concern and don't worry you didn't "bitch too much" :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
Mine's from Leeeeds :smile: It's my insurance (my other choices are AAA-A*AA) but I love it so I'm really pleased! Isn't Simon Armitage Professor of Poetry at Sheffield? Jealouuuuus! And congratulations on your offer! :biggrin:

Ooh, well done! :smile: If you end up at Leeds be sure to check out the Vimto machine in the SU: it kept me and my friends amused for an embarrassingly long time! He is; I don't think that it can get much better than that :biggrin: Plus the city is amazing and everyone I spoke to at the uni was utterly lovely, including a random guy who asked me if I had 50p haha. All my choices are AAA-A*AA too, except for English and American Literature at UEA. Where else have you applied to?
I haven't sent off my UCAS yet, sending it off on monday. :smile:
Applying to:
Sussex
Surrey
King's
UCL
RHUL

All for Physics. :smile:
Everyone on tsr seems to be getting loads of offers and I haven't got any, so this is a thread dedicated to the people who haven't got any yet

inb4 "they don't have to give offers out until march"

(edited 12 years ago)
I really need to stop checking track :frown:
keep logging into my emails to see (1) new message, and it's focking spam or whatever urrghhh
I have no offers:smile: Doesn't bother me though)
Two of my teachers haven't even done my references yet :mad:
No offers. I have an interview so that's something at least. Even though I know I won't get anything until at least after christmas, I still jump when I get emails :tongue:
Reply 1017
There should be a "I haven't even sent my application yet" 2012 thread :frown:
Original post by muse_of_fire
Ooh, well done! :smile: If you end up at Leeds be sure to check out the Vimto machine in the SU: it kept me and my friends amused for an embarrassingly long time! He is; I don't think that it can get much better than that :biggrin: Plus the city is amazing and everyone I spoke to at the uni was utterly lovely, including a random guy who asked me if I had 50p haha. All my choices are AAA-A*AA too, except for English and American Literature at UEA. Where else have you applied to?

Thank you! I am now intrigued about this Vimto machine... might make it my firm just to find out why! :wink:

Guhhh it sounds wonderful! If my friend gets an offer I might just pop down for those lectures! :redface: Book of Matches is one of my favourite collections. :cool:

My other choices are Oxford (Hertford College), UCL, York and Edinburgh :smile: love them all, but especially Ox. and Edin. Either way though, I'll be really happy going wherever I've applied, I genuinely love all my choices! :redface: Where else have you applied?

Trying reaaally hard to get into my English half term work. I always enjoy it as soon as I start, but it's so bloody difficult to get myself motivated! :rolleyes:
A place where I can feel sorry for myself along with others? Yes please :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest