Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no offers Doesn't bother me though)
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Two of my teachers haven't even done my references yet :mad:
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    No offers. I have an interview so that's something at least. Even though I know I won't get anything until at least after christmas, I still jump when I get emails
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    There should be a "I haven't even sent my application yet" 2012 thread
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muse_of_fire)
    Ooh, well done! If you end up at Leeds be sure to check out the Vimto machine in the SU: it kept me and my friends amused for an embarrassingly long time! He is; I don't think that it can get much better than that Plus the city is amazing and everyone I spoke to at the uni was utterly lovely, including a random guy who asked me if I had 50p haha. All my choices are AAA-A*AA too, except for English and American Literature at UEA. Where else have you applied to?
    Thank you! I am now intrigued about this Vimto machine... might make it my firm just to find out why!

Guhhh it sounds wonderful! If my friend gets an offer I might just pop down for those lectures! Book of Matches is one of my favourite collections. :cool:

My other choices are Oxford (Hertford College), UCL, York and Edinburgh love them all, but especially Ox. and Edin. Either way though, I'll be really happy going wherever I've applied, I genuinely love all my choices! Where else have you applied?

Trying reaaally hard to get into my English half term work. I always enjoy it as soon as I start, but it's so bloody difficult to get myself motivated! :rolleyes:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    A place where I can feel sorry for myself along with others? Yes please
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    Two of my teachers haven't even done my references yet :mad:
    That would possibly explain why you havent got any offers yet
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWW!)
    There should be a 'I haven't even sent my application yet' 2012 thread
    When are you sending yours off? I haven't either. :sad:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boo hoo I applied on the 10th October and still nothing :'(
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was calm about UCAS until I came on here and saw loads of people were getting offers and now I'm constantly checking Track - I should set it as my Home Page.

Glad there are others without offers (well I'm not glad - I hope you all get offers soon, obviously!).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    We'll have a lot of one time posters here!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Contrad!ction.)
    When are you sending yours off? I haven't either. :sad:
    ! I'm applying for Maths as well!!!!!

I'm sending mine off as soon as I get back to college so on Monday but gonna have my tutor check it first.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseroserose.)
    keep logging into my emails to see (1) new message, and it's focking spam or whatever urrghhh
    This! Keep getting emails from things I've forgotten I've subscribed too. Sent my application 3 weeks ago so I guess I still have ages to wait.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWW!)
    ! I'm applying for Maths as well!!!!!

I'm sending mine off as soon as I get back to college so on Monday but gonna have my tutor check it first.
    Ooh, which unis?

I should be doing the same, depending on if my tutor sorts out the BTEC issues I'm having. Accidentally getting qualifications makes UCAS awkward
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    No offers yet!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol haven't even sent mine off yet!

I'm am so scared about this whole process! I have a feeling I won't get any offers. Then I'll be doing my Alevels with no real purpose :/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Contrad!ction.)
    Ooh, which unis?

I should be doing the same, depending on if my tutor sorts out the BTEC issues I'm having. Accidentally getting qualifications makes UCAS awkward
    Lol yh you should do the same my tutor is like heaven sent and stuff + and English teacher which is always helpful xD
    Umm I'm applying to Leeds liverpool Reading keele and UEA
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWW!)
    Lol yh you should do the same my tutor is like heaven sent and stuff + and English teacher which is always helpful xD
    Umm I'm applying to Leeds liverpool Reading keele and UEA
    I'm not actually using my reg teacher, the deputy head of 6th form deals with our UCAS but he's an English teacher too, which helps with the PS But I'm trying to declare my BTECs in Aviation Studies, Public Services and ICT which are annoyingly hard to find. I think once I get my PS back from my UCAS guy, I'll post it in PS Help.

Good luck!
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jockie)
    I was calm about UCAS until I came on here and saw loads of people were getting offers....
    Same here, but I'm waiting to be able to submit and it's driving me crazy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    3 acknowledgements but no offers as yet- the details are in my signature...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 1, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.