The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mpc1
when did you apply? So did you get any offers yet?

Applied on the 13th of October, and no offers. Just 3 acknowledgements.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Original post by Jockie
I was calm about UCAS until I came on here and saw loads of people were getting offers and now I'm constantly checked Track - I should set it as my Home Page.

Glad there are others without offers (well I'm not glad - I hope you all get offers soon, obviously!).

I've already done that!

I don't feel too bad about not having any yet though as firstly it's early on in the application process, secondly based on last year's threads nobody had offers for any of the unis I'm applying for until November at the earliest (think the first one was 9th), and thirdly I've not seen any posts about anyone getting offers from the unis I'm applying to for this year yet either.
Reply 1042
Original post by Jockie
I was calm about UCAS until I came on here and saw loads of people were getting offers and now I'm constantly checked Track - I should set it as my Home Page.

Glad there are others without offers (well I'm not glad - I hope you all get offers soon, obviously!).

Same! And no offers for me yet either...
I think it could be a long wait, we'll just have to be patient (easier said than done...)
Reply 1043
Just got my second offer just now. I am an international student and now have offers from Surrey and Lancaster. Still waiting on Cambridge, Durham and Essex.
Original post by PamHot
Just got my second offer just now. I am an international student and now have offers from Surrey and Lancaster. Still waiting on Cambridge, Durham and Essex.

Which course is this?
Original post by geekinthemaking
Well if you look at the date I sent my application off and today's date its been well over 48 hours, hence why I'm questioning. I know it hasn't been processed because when I log in to apply it says something along the lines of "your application has been sent to UCAS and will be processed shortly"
I am a re-applicant and last year it was processed on the same day I sent it off and the status was updated to "your application has been processed" and I got my welcome letter 2 days after. So I was wondering why it's taking longer this time round... But anyway thanks for your concern and don't worry you didn't "bitch too much" :smile:

When mine was sent off it said that same message in Apply when I logged on for a few days after it had actually been processed. Have you tried logging onto Track anyway with last year's ID and this year's username and password to see if you can get on?

If you used the same/similar personal statement and/or reference as last year it might have been flagged to be checked by someone to make sure it's not copied, which would explain a delay.
Reply 1046
Original post by PamHot

when did you apply?
Reply 1047
My UCAS Track:

Reply 1048
Original post by PhysicsMan
Which course is this?

Biomedical Sciences.. I applied for Natural Sciences(Biological) at Cambridge though, and thats where I really want to go.
Reply 1049
Original post by desy.kris
me too :frown: I applied for Maths&CS on 12 Oct and I've been acknowledged by all unis but Soton :frown:

soton never acknowledged me; they gave me a straight conditional. same with a couple of other people i know. i don't think they tend to acknowledge students for some courses? not sure entirely but don't give up hope by any means. it doesn't necessarily mean you're due a rejection.
Reply 1050
Original post by mpc1
when did you apply?

13 October
how are we holding up team
Reply 1052
Original post by PamHot

what have you applied to cambridge for? and what college?
Reply 1053
Original post by PhysicsMan
How late can you get an offer appearing on Track? Usually from 8AM - 6PM, something like that? Just wondering so that I don't waste my time checking Track/Email after a certain time!

I got one at 6:30pm which i wasn't expecting...
Reply 1054
Original post by yaymeg
I got one at 6:30pm which i wasn't expecting...

what did you get the offer for?
Reply 1055
Original post by liviluck
Same! And no offers for me yet either...
I think it could be a long wait, we'll just have to be patient (easier said than done...)

I guess it should be like
applied date
applied for'
no offers still.

If some one had applied just a day (may be till 2 weeks) ago, then there is no point in venting out as " no offers yet"..
Reply 1056
Original post by Nadine10
what did you get the offer for?

Psychology at Manchester.... but it was kind of weird, loads of people got offers/interviews from manchester for different courses at exactly the same time... which makes me think that the university sends them out in 'batches'. me and my friend both got an offer at exactly the same time for the same course at manchester, despite submitting our ucas forms 2/3 weeks after me, however someone who submitted only a few days after my friend hasn't got an offer from manchester for psychology yet... its odd..
Original post by such_a_lady
Check the sig :cool: You?

the ones you've picked are sooooo nice. 'specially st andrews <3 i've applied to oxford, warwick x2, UEA and reading :smile:
so i've had part way between nothing and part way between an offer for UEA - just emailed me to say i've been shortlisted and to send a sample of creative writing across! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: don't want to get my hopes up at all, but glad i've got to here!
I sent off my application last week thursday for Electrical and Electronic Engineering ... Havent heard anything :/ kinda nervous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending