The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
I have no offers... but then again my application is still sitting somewhere on the college computer waiting to be sent off, so I’d be very surprised if I did have any :tongue:
Reply 1061
I applied in SEPTEMBER and still nothing :frown: apart from acknowledgement emails! Am going crazy checking my email everytime i go on my phone or computer.... why does nowhere want me?!?!
Reply 1062
Original post by yaymeg
Psychology at Manchester.... but it was kind of weird, loads of people got offers/interviews from manchester for different courses at exactly the same time... which makes me think that the university sends them out in 'batches'. me and my friend both got an offer at exactly the same time for the same course at manchester, despite submitting our ucas forms 2/3 weeks after me, however someone who submitted only a few days after my friend hasn't got an offer from manchester for psychology yet... its odd..

hahah i noticed the same about the batches. this happened with my bristol offer. just makes me more addicted to checking tsr to see when others get offers :P
Reply 1063
Just got a postcard from Exeter... thought it would be ironic if it said 'wish you were here' ANYWAY I don't want a chuffing postcard I want to know whether they want me!!!
Reply 1064
pheewww, got an unconditional for anatomy at glasgow which is my back up for medicine :smile: it's soo good to know i now have a place at uni. :smile:
No offers yet :frown:, but I did only apply last Friday. 4/5 have sent acknowledgements so at least that's something! I think I'm becoming a bit obsessed with checking emails and track every time I'm on my laptop :tongue:
Reply 1066
Looks like loads of people got offers from Warwick (L100, Mmath and a few Mmathphys) in the past couple of days.
Reply 1067
Original post by LHC
pheewww, got an unconditional for anatomy at glasgow which is my back up for medicine :smile: it's soo good to know i now have a place at uni. :smile:

fantastic! when did you apply and at what time did you receive the ucas email?
mine took 4 days: so yeahhhx
I applied on the 30th September for Biology at York, Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh and Lancaster and have a few acknowledgements but not hint of any offers. One of my 5 is Cambridge but I've had no offers yet :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Applied on the 14th.
Oxford, UCL, RHUL, QMUL, City.
No offers yet.

(All I want is ONE bloody offer to put my mind at rest!!) :frown:
Reply 1071
I miss the days of university applications.

Offers or not, if you've applied to at least one 'realistic' choice, there's still a lot of excitement and a lot of good things to look forward to. Unlike the real world...
(edited 12 years ago)
I know I'm impatient but loadsa my friends have got at least one offer and one has 3 already!! I've had acknowledgments from all five, but it makes everything worse!!! I KNOW YOU HAVE MY APPLICATION, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ITTTTT!!!

impatience is horrible.
Reply 1073
Original post by Nadine10
hahah i noticed the same about the batches. this happened with my bristol offer. just makes me more addicted to checking tsr to see when others get offers :P

True!!

By the way, is there anyone who has no email notification but an offer in track?

Did anyone encounter this?
Reply 1074
Original post by C-BISCUIT
I know I'm impatient but loadsa my friends have got at least one offer and one has 3 already!! I've had acknowledgments from all five, but it makes everything worse!!! I KNOW YOU HAVE MY APPLICATION, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ITTTTT!!!

impatience is horrible.

when did you apply?
Original post by mpc1
when did you apply?

My application was processed on the 18th, and I know it wasn't long ago but the waiting is horrible. I'm checking my emails every time I can!
Reply 1076
Original post by Gummy'bear94
I've never actually felt so emotionally drained about anything in my life, but UCAS. Checking my e-mails has become a habit now and is doing my head-in .. they tell us to be patient, but sometimes it's freaking impossible to remain patient! Ahh is anybody else losing patience??

when did you send your UCAS? what are your choices. It is emotionally draining indeed and the feeling of helplessness adds to it!:frown:
I sent my UCAS on the 21st of Oct. I applied for: Sheffield, City, Westminster, Brunel and Roehampton for BA Journalism! I'm really annoyed at the fact I'm not receiving any news :frown: :frown: damn it! What are your choices and what are you applying for?? :smile:
When mine was sent off it said that same message in Apply when I logged on for a few days after it had actually been processed. Have you tried logging onto Track anyway with last year's ID and this year's username and password to see if you can get on?

If you used the same/similar personal statement and/or reference as last year it might have been flagged to be checked by someone to make sure it's not copied, which would explain a delay.

Oh right thanks, hopefully they'll process it tomorrow, if not i'll give them a ring next week.. I just logged onto track from last year and it still works but doesn't let me log in with my new ID or old ID and new username.. hmm. Personal statement got re-written pretty much and reference got tweaked so could be..
does anyone know how long it takes exeter to reply? Im on a gap year so I already have my results.

Quick Reply

Latest