Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-BISCUIT)
    I know I'm impatient but loadsa my friends have got at least one offer and one has 3 already!! I've had acknowledgments from all five, but it makes everything worse!!! I KNOW YOU HAVE MY APPLICATION, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ITTTTT!!!

impatience is horrible.
    when did you apply?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpc1)
    when did you apply?
    My application was processed on the 18th, and I know it wasn't long ago but the waiting is horrible. I'm checking my emails every time I can!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gummy'bear94)
    I've never actually felt so emotionally drained about anything in my life, but UCAS. Checking my e-mails has become a habit now and is doing my head-in .. they tell us to be patient, but sometimes it's freaking impossible to remain patient! Ahh is anybody else losing patience??
    when did you send your UCAS? what are your choices. It is emotionally draining indeed and the feeling of helplessness adds to it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS on the 21st of Oct. I applied for: Sheffield, City, Westminster, Brunel and Roehampton for BA Journalism! I'm really annoyed at the fact I'm not receiving any news damn it! What are your choices and what are you applying for??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When mine was sent off it said that same message in Apply when I logged on for a few days after it had actually been processed. Have you tried logging onto Track anyway with last year's ID and this year's username and password to see if you can get on?

If you used the same/similar personal statement and/or reference as last year it might have been flagged to be checked by someone to make sure it's not copied, which would explain a delay.
    Oh right thanks, hopefully they'll process it tomorrow, if not i'll give them a ring next week.. I just logged onto track from last year and it still works but doesn't let me log in with my new ID or old ID and new username.. hmm. Personal statement got re-written pretty much and reference got tweaked so could be..
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how long it takes exeter to reply? Im on a gap year so I already have my results.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxcartwright)
    does anyone know how long it takes exeter to reply? Im on a gap year so I already have my results.
    quite a few people, like 3, in my school already have offers from them
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpc1)
    fantastic! when did you apply and at what time did you receive the ucas email?
    I applied exactly two weeks ago and got the email from track at 16:17 and from Glasgow uni at 16:44
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxcartwright)
    i'm in exactly the same position as you! what are you applying for?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexyBear)
    i'm in exactly the same position as you! what are you applying for?
    international relations you? I haven't been able to get down there to see it but the course and campus looks great
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I only live like 30mins from Exeter and my friend is there at the moment, it looks so good, it makes me sad to stay with her I'm applying for Applied Psychology.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for reference to be attached. Panicking now.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    wish i had applied to 'easier unis' lol, i sent mine off like 3 weeks ago and no offers. My friend sent hers off last friday and now has 3 offers!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    GOT AN OFFER FROM NOTTINGHAM

AAB though :/ ahaha.

sent my application off on the 7th..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Keep obsessively refreshing my inbox. Tell me I'm not alone ;L.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyhoneychurch)
    Not alone. Do you know if Southampton sends acknowledgments??
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsuki)
    Not alone. Do you know if Southampton sends acknowledgments??
    I've heard that Southampton are infamously lethargic with their acknowledgements, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Loads of my friends have offers now... I feel left out
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyhoneychurch)
    definitely not alone
    Got 3 out of 4 acknowledgements through now though, yay
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    I've heard that Southampton are infamously lethargic with their acknowledgements, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Loads of my friends have offers now... I feel left out
    Oh that's terrible. None of my friends applied to UK already, I'm an international applicant; but I'm reading about so many people getting offers here and some even applied after I did! When did you send off your application?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsuki)
    Oh that's terrible. None of my friends applied to UK already, I'm an international applicant; but I'm reading about so many people getting offers here and some even applied after I did! When did you send off your application?
    I'm not sure exactly, about October the 10th, I believe. My college were unbelievably slow in completing my reference.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 1, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.