The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by j0nnn
soton never acknowledged me; they gave me a straight conditional. same with a couple of other people i know. i don't think they tend to acknowledge students for some courses? not sure entirely but don't give up hope by any means. it doesn't necessarily mean you're due a rejection.

Oh that's good to know! Congrats on the offer, what did you apply for btw??
Original post by Tsuki
No I haven't received my welcome letter yet either. Bright side is that I don't seem to need it to log in to Track! Down side is I'm pretty sure it got lost and I'll never get it. If Soton sends postcards, guess I'll probably never get that one either :frown:

When did you send your application? I thought my letter must have been lost too and then it arrived yesterday, almost two weeks after I sent my application off xD
Got an offer from exeter and bath so far, much faster than i thought it would be :smile:
i havent even sent it yet....
going to do it today within the next few hours though, just doing my final draft of my ps
lol applied on the 7th of October and had no offers :'(
Thankss!! Best of luck to you too!!!

I'm not a worrier .. I'm just afraid of not getting what I want :frown:
Reply 1126
Original post by Rainshine
When did you send your application? I thought my letter must have been lost too and then it arrived yesterday, almost two weeks after I sent my application off xD

On 15th; so it's nearly two weeks now. Hope I get it soon, if not... well is it a really big loss?? Is there anything in the welcome letter that isn't on Track?
Reply 1127
Original post by Constancel
Got an offer from exeter and bath so far, much faster than i thought it would be :smile:

Congratulations :smile:
Oh I want an offer too! When did you apply? And for what?
I sent my UCAS application over a month ago! The only news I have is that all the unis I have recieved my application!

A lot of my friends have recieved offers/interviews, but the only people who seem to have replies are those going for science based courses. Is this is same for others? :smile:
Reply 1129
Applied on the 6th, had acknowledgements for all but no offers/interviews yet!
Reply 1130
Original post by Gummy'bear94
I've never actually felt so emotionally drained about anything in my life, but UCAS. Checking my e-mails has become a habit now and is doing my head-in .. they tell us to be patient, but sometimes it's freaking impossible to remain patient! Ahh is anybody else losing patience??

It's not the worst but I get what you mean! Especially about the email! Sent mine on 15th and Soton still hasn't even acknowledged it yet! I heard Soton sometimes doesn't acknowledge but still... its scary. At least the other unis were kind enough to let me know they got it. And of course I keep hearing bout people getting offers, I want one!
I applied on the 11th and have acknowledgements from everywhere apart from Leeds this is killing me!! WAAAA!
Reply 1132
Anyone got an offer from University of B'ham yet? I thought they were meant to be the quick ones!
Reply 1133
Brace yourself, because Ucas is near the bottom of the list when it comes to emotionally draining things.
Original post by Hooby
Anyone got an offer from University of B'ham yet? I thought they were meant to be the quick ones!

I've applied to Birmingham, for Chemistry. I got my acknowledgement a week ago today, so I am hoping for an offer soon-ish! What are you applying for? :smile:
Wait till you get to university, with deadlines looming and work mounting up. Now that is emotionally draining. I would take UCAS any day.
Original post by Tsuki
On 15th; so it's nearly two weeks now. Hope I get it soon, if not... well is it a really big loss?? Is there anything in the welcome letter that isn't on Track?

There's nothing particular, really, I also managed to get onto Track without it :smile: It was just a relief to finally get it.
Original post by blonde_girl
I sent my UCAS application over a month ago! The only news I have is that all the unis I have recieved my application!

A lot of my friends have recieved offers/interviews, but the only people who seem to have replies are those going for science based courses. Is this is same for others? :smile:

I've seen a few science offers and not many for anything else. I know one friend who has an English Literature offer, and another with a French and International Management offer.

I'm still waiting on my Spanish and Italian T__T
Reply 1138

There's nothing particular, really, I also managed to get onto Track without it :smile: It was just a relief to finally get it.

OH good! As long as I'm not missing anything important, I can live with worry. I wonder why they simply don't email the letter too, they can mail it if they must but emailing it would make things so much easier.
Reply 1139
Original post by lampshade1
what subject?
Well done by the way too :biggrin: ahaha

Microbiology .. i was hoping for BBB instead i got AAB :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending