The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by desy.kris
I can't wait either xD ohhh so ICL stood for Imperial College London? haha I had no idea! always thought it was a typo and meant to be UCL! sorrrrryyy for misunderstanding but if that helped then you're welcome :P

Yeah I put that cause I couldn't be bothered to write it all out :L I'm so lazy :tongue:
Reply 141
HI. Ehh, I know this isn't the right thread, but could someone please help? (I posted on another thread, but it's kind of urgent)

So, basically, my friend is in a country where she doesn't do her actual exams/get her results until December, despite the applications (at least for Oxford) being due tomorrow. After entering the grades (and the date, which is Dec 2011), and trying to click the 'Section Completed' part, it says:
Cannot complete section as either:
one or more schools/colleges and/or qualifications are invalid/incomplete, or
one of more fields on this page are invalid/incomplete.

So... basically, what should she do?
Original post by WILL :)
HI. Ehh, I know this isn't the right thread, but could someone please help? (I posted on another thread, but it's kind of urgent)

So, basically, my friend is in a country where she doesn't do her actual exams/get her results until December, despite the applications (at least for Oxford) being due tomorrow. After entering the grades (and the date, which is Dec 2011), and trying to click the 'Section Completed' part, it says:

So... basically, what should she do?

she needs to put the qualification in, but put the grade as PENDING. does that help / change anything? :/
Reply 143
she needs to put the qualification in, but put the grade as PENDING. does that help / change anything? :/

That isn't actually an option for this qualification =.= It's just all or nothing, basically.

Thank you, though :smile:
That isn't actually an option for this qualification =.= It's just all or nothing, basically.

Thank you, though :smile:

really? er, I'd try to click View All and see if there is any Warning. but if there was an error, you should see an exclamation mark (!) on the part where the error is, in the Education section.

worst come to worst, call UCAS.
Reply 145
really? er, I'd try to click View All and see if there is any Warning. but if there was an error, you should see an exclamation mark (!) on the part where the error is, in the Education section.

worst come to worst, call UCAS.

Yep. There's an error.

Well, this sucks xD Thank you for your help, though! :smile:
Yep. There's an error.

Well, this sucks xD Thank you for your help, though! :smile:

so was there any exclamation mark indicating where the error was, making it easier to figure out where the mistake was? oh or you could simply tweet them or ask on Facebook first if you're not really comfortable calling as it's dearer calling abroad!
Original post by stifa
I figured that out myself too. The Norwegian word for "acknowledgement" is a bit more formal; it fits more into a court room or when talking about international relations.

Actually, I didn't get an acknowledgement email from Manchester, but they are the only who has given me an offer yet.

That seems to be their usual pattern. I'm sure you're prepared to do without an acknowledgement in return for a quick offer!
Reply 148
Does one get offers over the weekend?
Ahhhhh, I just want to know where I'm going!!!
Original post by manousha

what I'm actually wondering is whether universities send out acknowledgements over the weekend... :/
Original post by manousha

UCAS can update at any time. University admissions staff, on the other hand, won't be working weekends at this time of year, so it'll depend on the mysteries of computer software working its way through the information sent during the week.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
UCAS can update at any time. University admissions staff, on the other hand, won't be working weekends at this time of year, so it'll depend on the mysteries of computer software working its way through the information sent during the week.

thanks for the info, I would +1 but have hit my limit. I'll give it to you tomorrow if you want, but please remind me! this thread is so active I find it difficult to dig for a certain older post
thanks for the info, I would +1 but have hit my limit. I'll give it to you tomorrow if you want, but please remind me! this thread is so active I find it difficult to dig for a certain older post

Don't worry about it.:smile:
bored of waiting :nn:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
bored of waiting :nn:

This does not bode well for the next six months.....
This does not bode well for the next six months.....

I know, it's really not good.

I think as soon as I get responses from my favourite two I'll be happy to wait for the rest and the one said early november and the other as soon as I can scan my certificates in :moon:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
I know, it's really not good.

I think as soon as I get responses from my favourite two I'll be happy to wait for the rest and the one said early november and the other as soon as I can scan my certificates in :moon:

Good to have an idea of when. I really feel for my students when they have to wait until March or Aril, but that was nothing compared to my son getting the offer he wanted on May 7th, when UCAS were about to make all unreplied offers unsuccessful on May 8th.
Good to have an idea of when. I really feel for my students when they have to wait until March or Aril, but that was nothing compared to my son getting the offer he wanted on May 7th, when UCAS were about to make all unreplied offers unsuccessful on May 8th.

Jeez, was there a reason for them making him wait so long?

That would drive the most patient of people crazy :eek:
got all my acknowledgments :biggrin: or at least emails saying "thankyou for applying blah blah" if that's what an acknowledgement is haha

Quick Reply

Latest