The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

So... anyone else still yet to receive any offers?
Another day, another inbox full of e-mails that have nothing to do with track updating.

On the plus side, Exeter sent me my offer letter at long last. Reading it made me feel good about myself :smile:
Reply 1962
Original post by milkytea
So... anyone else still yet to receive any offers?

*raises hand*
I’m not worried yet (only sent it 9 days ago) but I’m getting very impatient.
Reply 1963
Original post by Stringy

Original post by Stringy
I've just got a conditional offer from Lincoln. They've asked that I achieve 280 points to be admitted.

I already have 360 points, has someone in the admissions office not been reading the applications propely? :laugh:

In this case, check you filled in your UCAS form correctly and if so contact the uni and ask them if they could make it unconditional. If your qualifications are wrong then you need to update all of your unis and inform UCAS
Original post by MacCullean
I got an offer from University of Edinburgh. Hopefully I can get one from St Andrews. Thats the goal!

Congratulations! I've also applied to Edinburgh but haven't heard anything, and I thought they tended to send them out in January? Can I ask what your subject is, maybe the departments vary? xx
Reply 1965
Original post by leilarose
Congratulations! I've also applied to Edinburgh but haven't heard anything, and I thought they tended to send them out in January? Can I ask what your subject is, maybe the departments vary? xx

If you're from the UK/EU, they'll take longer.
Original post by -Haz-
*raises hand*
I’m not worried yet (only sent it 9 days ago) but I’m getting very impatient.

Tell me about it - I sent mine over a month ago!
Reply 1967
Original post by Juno
In this case, check you filled in your UCAS form correctly and if so contact the uni and ask them if they could make it unconditional. If your qualifications are wrong then you need to update all of your unis and inform UCAS

My information is correct. I am an A2 student but I have loads of points because I completed a Level 3 BTEC before I started A-levels.

I'm assuming they want me to achieve 280 points from my A-levels, but all it says on Track is 'this offer is subject to you obtaining a minimum of 280 tariff points'.

Definitely going to get in touch with them later.
Reply 1968
It'll be a month on Monday without any news. D: Not sure if this is good or not - at least I haven't been rejected. Also, damn you BlackBerry with your email notifications! Stop getting me excited!
I've just received an acknowledgement email from Lincoln :smile: ...really hope i get some sort of offer from them!
Reply 1970
is no news bad news?
Can someone advise me on something to do?! I had email (on the 28th october) and a letter sent to me recently from Bangor saying I have an offer on their psychology course, but it hasn't been updated on UCAS track yet, whereas a friend of mine got an offer today for the same course and it updated on track straight away! The waiting has literally been driving me crazy as Bangor is my top choice, and i don't know what to do... should I call and find out what's going on, or just wait? :s
Original post by CorinnaH
is no news bad news?

No news is just that: no news. There are so many complex factors involved it is impossible to read anything into it. It's just no news yet.
Reply 1973
Original post by Niiiiiiiiiick

Original post by Niiiiiiiiiick
Can someone advise me on something to do?! I had email (on the 28th october) and a letter sent to me recently from Bangor saying I have an offer on their psychology course, but it hasn't been updated on UCAS track yet, whereas a friend of mine got an offer today for the same course and it updated on track straight away! The waiting has literally been driving me crazy as Bangor is my top choice, and i don't know what to do... should I call and find out what's going on, or just wait? :s

Call UCAS because waiting may kill you ;p
sent my ucas off a few days ago, first log into track just now. same personal ID as last year it seems. obsessively checking track/email begins!!!
Reply 1975
Yayaayayaa interview at QMUL :smile: So happy!!
I sent mine off the day after the Oxbridge deadline - I've had one offer so far (Sheffield ABB Philosophy/Theology). My friend is applying for just Theology and she has offers from my top 2 uni choices (Leeds and Birmingham) I have heard nothing from them. Part of me thinks 'It's because I'm applying for Joint honours' the other part of me is a nervous jealouse wreck...
I have limited myself to checking UCAS only twice a day - when I get home from school and before I go to bed. Doesn't stop me worrying, does stop me checking every half an hour though!
Reply 1977
I finished my UCAS and it was sent off two days ago. So far 4 of the 5 Universities I've applied to have replied saying they're processing my application.
Is there a general time for how long a decision will take?

My friend finished UCAS 2 weeks ago and got replies after 4 days from all her Uni's.
Original post by lausa22
I finished my UCAS and it was sent off two days ago. So far 4 of the 5 Universities I've applied to have replied saying they're processing my application.
Is there a general time for how long a decision will take?

My friend finished UCAS 2 weeks ago and got replies after 4 days from all her Uni's.

It varies from university to university - some have been giving out offers quickly, others will wait until January 15th to give out any offers.
ALL I want is an offer from UCL! :bawling::mad2::mad2::cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending