The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2720
mine was blank this morning, and now unsuccesful. Took about a day..
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2721
Original post by chocolatechoco
I saw your conditions in the other thread and they're so high! Why is it that it's much higher? My offer is 35!
But I wanted to tell you that you're awesome too because I'm also doing Maths and Music HL haha (I'm not stalking you I promise)

haha looks like we got a stalker! :P Are you an international student? Im swedish so going to Edinburgh will be free, but they usually give lower offers to international students who have to pay the full tuition. What are your other subjects and what did you get predicted? :biggrin: Also, did you apply for straight Econ. like me?
-GH
Reply 2722
Original post by chocolatechoco
I saw your conditions in the other thread and they're so high! Why is it that it's much higher? My offer is 35!
But I wanted to tell you that you're awesome too because I'm also doing Maths and Music HL haha (I'm not stalking you I promise)

Nvmd, i stalked you a bit and saw that you got an offer for Music & Math :biggrin:
Im pretty sure Economics is much more competitive, so more applicants=higher offers I guess. 40 and 666HL is probably doable though :smile: haha, maybe if we both end up in Edinburgh we could jam sometime, I play bass guitar and piano :P

-gh
Reply 2723
Original post by gch
haha looks like we got a stalker! :P Are you an international student? Im swedish so going to Edinburgh will be free, but they usually give lower offers to international students who have to pay the full tuition. What are your other subjects and what did you get predicted? :biggrin: Also, did you apply for straight Econ. like me?
-GH

That's what surprised me as well. My offer is 34 :redface: Can't believe some people have got offers of 38+!! 34 to 40 is a HUGE jump....
Reply 2724
I have sent an email to the Engineering Department about my application status, and this is what I got in return.

"Thank you for your e-mail. We apologise for the delay, we hope to have a decision for you next week. If you have any other questions please let us know!

Best wishes,Beth"

Looking positively towards next week!
Wow, I just received a conditional for geography from UCL. :smile:
After two rejections from StAndrews and Durham, this makes me think positive about Edinburgh's future decision. Fingers crossed.
Reply 2726
Hi,

Did anyone received any offer for Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science (GG47)?
Basically I emailed them asking about the whole 'pending' situation - I've applied for English Literature and Classics - along with an my updated remark and they sent this back:

"Thank you for your email and the update on your English paper. I am sorry that you are still awaiting a decision on your application however as we make the bulk of our decisions after the closing date of 15 January this is not unusual. Hopefully you will hear something from us within the next couple of weeks."

Couple of weeks, guhhhh. NOT HOPEFUL AT ALL.
I was so sure there'd be a change! :frown:
Original post by Verseau
Hi,

Did anyone received any offer for Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science (GG47)?

Think someone got an offer for that if you look a few pages back.

I am losing my patience for a reply for Computer Science, status went blank yesterday after 2pm so it should be soon. I hope.:frown:
Reply 2730
I've just got an email that my application is still under consideration and I'll get the response no later than 10th April. (Economics with Management Science)
Me too. Copy follows:

Dear Thomas
Thank you for your application to study at the University of Edinburgh.
This year the College of Humanities and Social Science is making offers in stages. Your academic qualifications, personal statement and reference constitute a strong application and I would like to assure you that it is still under active consideration.
We will be in touch with you no later than 10 April with an update on the status of your application.
In the meantime, you can access further information about studying at the University of Edinburgh here: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/edinburgh/introduction
Yours sincerely

University of Edinburgh

EDIT: That's nearly three more weeks! ARGH!
Got that email too:

Dear Annabel
This year the College of Humanities and Social Science is making offers in stages. Your academic qualifications, personal statement and reference constitute a strong application and I would like to assure you that it is still under active consideration.
We will be in touch with you no later than 10 April with an update on the status of your application.
In the meantime, you can access further information about studying at the University of Edinburgh here: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/edinburgh/introduction
Yours sincerely

University of Edinburgh

I applied for maths and economics. At least now I know that I will hear back sometime :smile:
Original post by gch
-GH

hahaha and no I'm from London. Ahh right that makes sense! I'm predicted 39 with bonus points. I just realised I also probably qualify for the criteria that lower the offer because I'm from a deprived area/parents didn't go university

Original post by gch
Nvmd, i stalked you a bit and saw that you got an offer for Music & Math :biggrin:
Im pretty sure Economics is much more competitive, so more applicants=higher offers I guess. 40 and 666HL is probably doable though :smile: haha, maybe if we both end up in Edinburgh we could jam sometime, I play bass guitar and piano :P

-gh

Yeah definitely! All the reasons together make sense
Awesome, I play piano and some guitar :smile:
just got exactly the same email too, applied for english literature.... guess it's nice to hear something :smile: good luck to everyone still waiting
Reply 2735
So, humanities are waitlisting now...

and sciences? did anyone hear from the College of Science and Engineering?

I think I'll have to keep on hanging on day by day
Original post by tommy1311
Me too. Copy follows:

Dear Thomas
Yours sincerely

University of Edinburgh

EDIT: That's nearly three more weeks! ARGH!

Sorry, you've probably been asked this a thousand times already :P Which course did you apply for?
Original post by star9005
Sorry, you've probably been asked this a thousand times already :P Which course did you apply for?

That's ok! Politics, you?
Same email for me (maths and econ applicant).
maybe the people they sent emails to are the people they might make offers to if someone declines their offer? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending