The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Does anyone know where we have to go for the open day next week? I haven't received any details as to where we should congregate!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Gales
Does anyone know where we have to go for the open day next week? I haven't received any details as to where we should congregate!

You go to the New College in the morning, I went to the open day on the 7th. You can see the New College from the train station, it's very easy to get too. There should be a brochure on the website about it no? o:
Reply 2802
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
You go to the New College in the morning, I went to the open day on the 7th. You can see the New College from the train station, it's very easy to get too. There should be a brochure on the website about it no? o:

I have the booklet... somewhere! Just wanted to see if anyone knew. Thanks for the info! :biggrin:
Reply 2803
Blank status for Ancient and Medieval History!! I am so nervous. I have so far been accepted to York and Aberdeen, and was this morning rejected by Durham. Only Edinburgh and St. Andrews to go, and I'm pretty sure I won't get into St. Andrews. I am really hopeful and excited about Edinburgh, but if not at least I have Aberdeen and York which are definitely not a bad alternative. Fingers crossed everyone! BTW I am American.
Original post by RobertoStenhausen
Course: MA Business Studies and Accounting
Offer: Unconditional
Reaction: Absolutely thrilled, just need to decide between here and Glasgow. Any budding Accountants out there? :biggrin:

Hey :smile: I got unconditional for Accounting and Finance and a conditional for Accounting and Business Studies ( A and F my first choice) and we literally are so alike! I need to decide between glasgow and edinburgh too! Even though we're doing different degrees we'll still be in the same classes yay finally found someone :biggrin: So, do you know where youre gonna pick glasgow or ed?
Original post by Gales

this is according to the booklet thing...I think:

10-10.30 is registration at Festival Theatre, 13/29 Nicholson St

:biggrin:
Reply 2806
Original post by kayleigh.jean
this is according to the booklet thing...I think:

10-10.30 is registration at Festival Theatre, 13/29 Nicholson St

:biggrin:

Thank you!
You firmed yet? I did it on Saturday! :biggrin:
Just got an offer for BA photography, 3 Bs :biggrin:
Original post by Ic0
I don't know at the moment, but if I get enrolled in Edinburgh I would most definitely want to play either tennis or football!

same, probably competitive tennis, maybe competitive 11s but probs recreation 7s if there is the opportunity
Original post by Gales
Thank you!
You firmed yet? I did it on Saturday! :biggrin:

are you going to go to the languages talks on the day too?
nooo, no idea why I keep putting it off! applied for student finance, but that's about it :')
oooh good :biggrin: good luck with the AAA ^^
Reply 2810
rejected! :smile: finally, been waiting too long!
was my 5th choice (med science), and i have an offer for medicine so no tears shed :P

good luck everyone :tongue:
Reply 2811
Original post by kayleigh.jean
are you going to go to the languages talks on the day too?
nooo, no idea why I keep putting it off! applied for student finance, but that's about it :')
oooh good :biggrin: good luck with the AAA ^^

Yeah, but I can't remember which one I booked for the morning or afternoon :lol:. Any idea how we can find out?

Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by Gales
Yeah, but I can't remember which one I booked for the morning or afternoon :lol:. Any idea how we can find out?

Thank you! :biggrin:

haha that's not very good :tongue: no idea; not on the tickets! doubt they'll care which you go to though :biggrin:
I have a feeling I will be waiting until tomorrow at the latest to get a reply from Edinburgh - oh well, used to the waiting!
Reply 2814
Rejected. I'm pretty bummed.
Reply 2815
Original post by WesleyB
Rejected. I'm pretty bummed.

For which course??
Was Edin going to be your firm?
Reply 2816
Original post by alt31
rejected! :smile: finally, been waiting too long!
was my 5th choice (med science), and i have an offer for medicine so no tears shed :P

good luck everyone :tongue:

Me too! any ideas as to why???
Reply 2817
Original post by cmkable
Me too! any ideas as to why???

they've probably taken people who had a med-science PS rather than med :smile:
Reply 2818
Status has gone blank now, finally!!!

I've applied to study Chemical Engineering. ANyone in the same boat? ANd goodluck to everyone who are waiting! :smile:
Reply 2819
Original post by Nicck
For which course??
Was Edin going to be your firm?

Ancient and Medieval History. And yeah. Oh well, Aberdeen and York aren't bad....still waiting on St. Andrews but that is a definite no so I am have to choose between those two. Got unconditional offers so at least I don't have to worry about grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending