Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of applying to Edinburgh for 2012 entry?
    Already applied to Edinburgh and now waiting it out for news on your application?

Then this thread is for you!

If you want to ask a question to a current student/graduate then please post it in the FAQ thread and someone will try to help you. Please do read the FAQ first though on the first post - most questions are already answered there.

Have you selected Edinburgh as your firm choice?
    Share your details in the University of Edinburgh firmers 2012 wiki page. If you have a conditional offer then good luck and hopefully you'll get to Edinburgh in September!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Edinburgh for French and Italian! Got my e-mail about the MyEd thing last night
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Received my confirmation e-mail today for Philosophy and Politics.(anyone else?)

MyEd doesn't look indispensible to me (yet)... ucas track is good enough.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what is this stuff about Edinburgh discriminating against English students? Especially public schoolers?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    when do people tend to hear from Edinburgh?
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneTimer)
    what is this stuff about Edinburgh discriminating against English students? Especially public schoolers?
    There is no stuff.

Read one of the million and one threads in the Edinburgh forum about this but the short version is that its essentially a media fabricated story that boosts the egos of the thousands of people who get rejected each year to give them a reason as to why they were rejected. In some subjects more than 90% of people are rejected. Edinburgh has a very high percentage of English applicants, particularly applicants from independent schools. Edinburgh also has a very high percentage of English students, particularly from independent schools. As a result the amount of people who are rejected from English private schools is higher than from other sectors simply due to the sheer number of applicants.... so therefore people need to find a reason and this Daily Mail story goes quite well

For your second question look in the FAQ thread. This is/will be the applicant chat thread.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applying to Edinburgh for Pharmacology. Going to transfer to Chemistry with a Year Abroad if I get in though, only applying for Pharmacology because I want to do pharmacy so my PS will be more relevant to that than chemistry. Fingers crossed it works!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applying for economics with management science
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Veterinary Medicine!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Applying for International Relations
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabell)
    Applying for economics with management science
    I'm applying for Economics with Management Science as well Do you have any idea how competitive entry is for this course, at Edinburgh?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schlegel)
    Received my confirmation e-mail today for Philosophy and Politics.(anyone else?)

MyEd doesn't look indispensible to me (yet)... ucas track is good enough.

Did anyone try getting into myed? There seems to be an ERROR tab at the end at the top within EUCLID. Is this normal for all ?

Can anyone confirm please?

Also did anyone receive the fee status questionnaire from Edinburgh yet? any idea, typically to whom , this is sent?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for politics and sociology! Oh, and I'm American... any other Americans on here applying?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tripleeagle)
    I'm applying for Economics with Management Science as well Do you have any idea how competitive entry is for this course, at Edinburgh?
    Good luck then!

I think that it is competitive as well as pure economics but I'm not sure
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for history - but my MyEd username/password don't seem to be working :s. Anyone else found this?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It will start working tommorrow
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtheneNoctua)
    I've applied for history - but my MyEd username/password don't seem to be working :s. Anyone else found this?
    did you put your ucas user name?

Also was there an email to fill out fee status questionnaire? can anyone explain more on this?

thanks
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applied for medicine The long, torturous wait begins..
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgana)
    Applying for International Relations
    me toooo
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxcartwright)
    me toooo
    Awesome have u already sent off ur application?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 17, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.