The Student Room Group

Just got my letter from Student Finance - Iansyst

Hey everyone,

I've been through what I assume is most of the process of DSA, before actually getting the equipment.

I just got my letter from SFE stating that they have selected for my equipment to be provided by Iansyst and to ring them up. I just rang them up and they asked me to send them a copy of my letter in and email to them. So i've just done that, no problem, I'm all happy.

But I was just wondering how long it will take for my equipment now that I have sent them a copy of my SFE letter? Are there many more steps in this process? Also has anyone else been with Iansyst? Were they good?

Thanks everyone. :smile:
Reply 1
Hi i have also an account with iansyst they are really nice people and in regards to your question they will arrange delivery with you in a few days and believe its like christmas where they send it a huge cardbaord box and you see what they have given you. But to to your Q it will take by the end of thursday to get stuff ready...
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply Holiday. In fact Iansyst have been extremely efficient. They said I could have my equipment for today. However I have been out today and arranged for them to deliver it to me on Tuesday.
I now have another question. When your equipment came was there someone there from Iansyst to help you and install software etc? Only I was told by my needs assessor not to open my equipment unless someone is there. However when I spoke to Iansyst on the phone the other day arranging a delivery date I asked them whether someone would come on the say and they said someone would come a different day and that I was allowed to open the equipment. So now I am confused on whether I should open the equipment when it comes or not.
Any advice?
Hi,

I am a DSA Assessor, and have used Iansyst as a supplier at the two universities I have worked for over the past eight years - they are excellent. There are only a few companies in the UK that only deal with supplying assistive technology to students, and I've had to deal with all of them....there's a reson I choose Iansyst as my universities preferred supplier - excellent quality kit and after sales service to match (very important).

Quick Reply

Latest