The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Got a conditional offer for Law. Very excited!
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 41
Applied for Business information systems! Anyone else?
I've applied for criminology and forensic science... finally got it sent off on the 16th, so yesterday... hoping for atleast some sort of offer :smile: ...the waiting begins :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
I've got two conditional offers for Geography related courses at Northumbria :biggrin: :biggrin:
congratulations :smile: ..you recon you'll meet the ucas point/grade boundary? and what do you need to get accepted fully?
Original post by kerriew316
Applied for Business information systems! Anyone else?

I'm applying for that along with Information Management for Business.
Reply 46
Got a conditional offer for Law too, YAY :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by chelsentus
Got a conditional offer for Law too, YAY :biggrin:

Well done! Are you interested in Northumbria? Maybe we'll both end up there!
Sending off my application for Law tomorrow, thoughroughly convinced i wont get an offer unfortunately, but i'd rather apply and know for sure rather than be left wondering...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by Care-Free
Sending off my application for Law tomorrow, thoughroughly convinced i wont get an offer unfortunately, but i'd rather apply and know for sure rather than be left wondering...

What are your ASs and Predicted grades?
Original post by Atlantis93
What are your ASs and Predicted grades?

AS grades were ACD (dont laugh!) but thoughroughly convinced i can get A*BC this year, only problem is my tutors are different so they dont know my potential so they cant give me the references i deserve So northumbria have no way of really knowing i can get the grades...
But im not going to stress about it, if i get an offer bloody brilliant, if not, ill hope my back ups pull through.
Really have my heart set on northumbria though...
Reply 51
AS grades were ACD (dont laugh!) but thoughroughly convinced i can get A*BC this year, only problem is my tutors are different so they dont know my potential so they cant give me the references i deserve So northumbria have no way of really knowing i can get the grades...
But im not going to stress about it, if i get an offer bloody brilliant, if not, ill hope my back ups pull through.

A bit late now but couldn't you have asked your tutors from last year to write them? That's what I did, good job really.

I know what you mean about new tutors not knowing you well, my new Psychology tutor has predicted me an E in my 'student review', despite me getting an A and a B in my AS exams. She thinks I work too many hours in my part-time job (15-20 per week) to be able to do well in exams too, and isn't happy that I can't do massive homeworks set at 3pm for 9am the next day because I do work 1-2 weeknights each week, but I'm not the only one to not be able to do them due to something previously planned.
Original post by StacFace
A bit late now but couldn't you have asked your tutors from last year to write them? That's what I did, good job really.

I know what you mean about new tutors not knowing you well, my new Psychology tutor has predicted me an E in my 'student review', despite me getting an A and a B in my AS exams. She thinks I work too many hours in my part-time job (15-20 per week) to be able to do well in exams too, and isn't happy that I can't do massive homeworks set at 3pm for 9am the next day because I do work 1-2 weeknights each week, but I'm not the only one to not be able to do them due to something previously planned.

Oh my new law tutor is exactly the same, apparently long revision blocks dont work and i'm like "the A from last year would say differently no?"
That is quite a lot of work (coming from a jobless bum! :P )I imagine if you feel you're coping and you've already proven yourself it's all that matters.
Reply 53
Oh my new law tutor is exactly the same, apparently long revision blocks dont work and i'm like "the A from last year would say differently no?"
That is quite a lot of work (coming from a jobless bum! :P )I imagine if you feel you're coping and you've already proven yourself it's all that matters.

Lol it sounds more than it is. An example of a 20-hour week is Monday off (finish college at 3pm), Tuesday 5pm-10pm (with a few hours break in the middle of the day at college), Wednesday off (finish college at 2.40pm), Thursday 5pm-10pm (finish college at lunch), Friday off (finish college at 2.40pm), Saturday 5pm-10pm (all day Saturday to do whatever), Sunday 12pm-5pm (lie-in and the evening off).

Last year I was actually doing more hours as we had problems with certain staff (who have now left) calling in sick a lot and so I was always being asked to cover their shifts at short notice.
Reply 54

I got AACU In my AS's and by predicted was AAB.

I didn't think I'd get an offer due to my U (No reflection on my ability, I did Physics for some reason, terrible life choice) but Northumbria still gave me a conditional offer! So don't be so pessimistic, you never know!
Original post by lily92
Thought I'd start off a new thread considering there was one for last year. What courses are you applying for? And have you looked at accommodation yet, if so, which are you thinking of applying for?

Yo! Yey happy face thread :biggrin:

Finally sent my UCAS off last friday for Occupational Therapy :smile: First choice is Northumbria!

I live in Newcastle so luckily I have a few friends at this uni, and managed to see a few halls too (I plan on moving out).

Think I may apply for Glenamara, Victoria halls, or Albion house :smile:

I didn't think I'd get an offer due to my U (No reflection on my ability, I did Physics for some reason, terrible life choice) but Northumbria still gave me a conditional offer! So don't be so pessimistic, you never know!

I agree, my AS grades were AE and overall merit (C) for my btec... my predicted grades for A2 are B(already got it) and CD and triple merit for btec atleast (CCC)

all in all.. i checked with the nis and the most important bit for my course is gona be the ucas point rather than specific subject grades.
Original post by StacFace
Lol it sounds more than it is. An example of a 20-hour week is Monday off (finish college at 3pm), Tuesday 5pm-10pm (with a few hours break in the middle of the day at college), Wednesday off (finish college at 2.40pm), Thursday 5pm-10pm (finish college at lunch), Friday off (finish college at 2.40pm), Saturday 5pm-10pm (all day Saturday to do whatever), Sunday 12pm-5pm (lie-in and the evening off).

Last year I was actually doing more hours as we had problems with certain staff (who have now left) calling in sick a lot and so I was always being asked to cover their shifts at short notice.

How on earth do you manage that?! I dont even have a job (not for lack of trying) and my social life's somewhat diminished since i set my sights on northumbria!

That's actually quite reassured me! Thankyou :smile:
Reply 59
How on earth do you manage that?! I dont even have a job (not for lack of trying) and my social life's somewhat diminished since i set my sights on northumbria!

I've just gotten used to it tbh. I still have nights off and free periods to do work in, go out with friends, and just generally relax. Then again my then best friend has been in at least one job, if not two, since she was 15, so I think we saw each other less than most 'best friends' would in the first place.

E.g. do you spend time with friends (outside of college) every day? Or 2-3 times a week?

Quick Reply

Latest