The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NickW-Moores
Anyone applied for architecture? And how long has people had to wait for replys? :smile:

Hi...erm we cant really tell when the uni replies to us... it depends... i got mine within a week I applied through ucas.... while a friend of mine got three weeks later... so we cant really predict when they;l reply to us but they will... so no need to worry :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Original post by MonicaTitu
Hi...erm we cant really tell when the uni replies to us... it depends... i got mine within a week I applied through ucas.... while a friend of mine got three weeks later... so we cant really predict when they;l reply to us but they will... so no need to worry :smile:

1 week wow that's fast was it a good reply? :tongue: ok thanks I'll patiently twiddle my thumbs hoping :tongue:
1 week wow that's fast was it a good reply? :tongue: ok thanks I'll patiently twiddle my thumbs hoping :tongue:

lol yeah it was a good one... i got an unconditional offer for BSc Biotechnology :biggrin: ... haha kay you do tat :smile: all the best .... Happy New Year

lol yeah it was a good one... i got an unconditional offer for BSc Biotechnology :biggrin: ... haha kay you do tat :smile: all the best .... Happy New Year

That's good xD is it your first choice then?
Aww thanks happy new year too you too :smile:
That's good xD is it your first choice then?
Aww thanks happy new year too you too :smile:

Not exactly.... i dont know im in a dilemma... :s-smilie:

Not exactly.... i dont know im in a dilemma... :s-smilie:

What's your dilemma where else have you chose? :smile:
What's your dilemma where else have you chose? :smile:

well... i find it hard to choose between hertfordshire and northumbria.... I really really want to go northumbria but its far from my aunt's place.... whereas herts is a 2hr travel frm aunt's... so... its so irritating and confusing... erm is northumbria ur first choice? :smile: also where else have u applied :smile:

well... i find it hard to choose between hertfordshire and northumbria.... I really really want to go northumbria but its far from my aunt's place.... whereas herts is a 2hr travel frm aunt's... so... its so irritating and confusing... erm is northumbria ur first choice? :smile: also where else have u applied :smile:

If its 2 hours away anyway I wouldn't go because of distance there's trains to everywhere, go with the university because of what your gonna get out of it
Liverpool is my first choice best ranked that I could realistically get in and epic nightlife however my 5th choice is Plymouth where I have loads of family there but its university isn't quite as good so there's no point paying 9k a year just because it's close to family need to walk out with a good education notrhumbrias maybe my second :smile: hope but it's where I reckon I'll go Liverpool is realistic but optimistic :tongue: hope u can decide its hard cos it really is a big decision isn't it :redface:
If its 2 hours away anyway I wouldn't go because of distance there's trains to everywhere, go with the university because of what your gonna get out of it
Liverpool is my first choice best ranked that I could realistically get in and epic nightlife however my 5th choice is Plymouth where I have loads of family there but its university isn't quite as good so there's no point paying 9k a year just because it's close to family need to walk out with a good education notrhumbrias maybe my second :smile: hope but it's where I reckon I'll go Liverpool is realistic but optimistic :tongue: hope u can decide its hard cos it really is a big decision isn't it :redface:

yeah:redface:... Liverpool? good choice :smile: have u heard from any of the uni's yet??? ...erm say Nick have u heard of Greenwich? is it a good uni? I applied there and I got an unconditional offer there but my aunt said it aint a good uni is it so? .... yeah big decision... ahhh!!! im not going to worry anymore.. im sick of getting worried..im just going to stay calm :cool:... watever happens let it happen... n besides both herts and northumbria are awesome uni's with good reputation :biggrin: ... hmm nightlife... do u like to party alot??
I've heard from Liverpool and Plymouth saying they've received my application I'm not expecting to hear anything for atleast a week or so can't wait tho :tongue:
Ermmmm Greenwich my dad did his masters there but that was postgraduate I don't think it particular is I'd defiantly take herts or Northumbria over that what's your other 2 have.... Have you checked out the stats and rankings for your course ? Might be worth checking out the times, guardian have them also unistats website :smile:
Love to party haha :tongue: what about you?
I've heard from Liverpool and Plymouth saying they've received my application I'm not expecting to hear anything for atleast a week or so can't wait tho :tongue:
Ermmmm Greenwich my dad did his masters there but that was postgraduate I don't think it particular is I'd defiantly take herts or Northumbria over that what's your other 2 have.... Have you checked out the stats and rankings for your course ? Might be worth checking out the times, guardian have them also unistats website :smile:
Love to party haha :tongue: what about you?

oh okay... hope u get into liverpool :smile: ... mmm anyways my aunt doesnt want me to do in greenwich so bye-bye greenwich ..i applied to 4unis Northumbria Westminster Greenwich and Hertfordshire.. iv got unconditional offers from the first three still waiting to hear frm Herts...gosh Herts is taking ages to reply its been almost a month!..i got replies from the other unis within a week or 2 i applied.. i dint really check but will do thanks for the tip :smile: ... wow u like to party cool ...erm to be honest i dont really know anything abt nightlife or parties.... my folks are quite strict so dint really get the chance to hang out wid my friends.... may be i should try going for one once i start uni... maybe... um r u frm England ?:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
oh okay... hope u get into liverpool :smile: ... mmm anyways my aunt doesnt want me to do in greenwich so bye-bye greenwich ..i applied to 4unis Northumbria Westminster Greenwich and Hertfordshire.. iv got unconditional offers from the first three still waiting to hear frm Herts...gosh Herts is taking ages to reply its been almost a month!..i got replies from the other unis within a week or 2 i applied.. i dint really check but will do thanks for the tip :smile: ... wow u like to party cool ...erm to be honest i dont really know anything abt nightlife or parties.... my folks are quite strict so dint really get the chance to hang out wid my friends.... may be i should try going for one once i start uni... maybe... um r u frm England ?:smile:

Aww thank you :smile: I've heard Westminster rubbish too I was thinking of going there before I heard that off a few people also London is 2-3 times more expensive it's seriously silly only good things is prospects job wise afterwards capital off England
Apparently no news is good news unconditional offers that's awesome you've paid for a 5 how come uve saved one? If I was you now you got so many offers I'd use it for a really good ranked uni just incase u get an offer if not u haven't lost anything?
Where are you from then? Haha at uni the best way to make friends is party cos your all in the same boat moved to a city with no friends week 1 freshers week I'd go out every night with your room mates and make friends :smile: if your not comfortable about drinking or partying I advise u ask for accomodation with none drinkers or whatever they have special ones like that like grouped for parents, undergraduate, postgraduate, no drinking etc atleast then you will be with people similar and won't feel left out
Buts its good fun partying :tongue: I don't want to get you in trouble with your family by persuading you that you should but I enjoy partying making new friends your missing out :tongue:
Aww thank you :smile: I've heard Westminster rubbish too I was thinking of going there before I heard that off a few people also London is 2-3 times more expensive it's seriously silly only good things is prospects job wise afterwards capital off England
Apparently no news is good news unconditional offers that's awesome you've paid for a 5 how come uve saved one? If I was you now you got so many offers I'd use it for a really good ranked uni just incase u get an offer if not u haven't lost anything?
Where are you from then? Haha at uni the best way to make friends is party cos your all in the same boat moved to a city with no friends week 1 freshers week I'd go out every night with your room mates and make friends :smile: if your not comfortable about drinking or partying I advise u ask for accomodation with none drinkers or whatever they have special ones like that like grouped for parents, undergraduate, postgraduate, no drinking etc atleast then you will be with people similar and won't feel left out
Buts its good fun partying :tongue: I don't want to get you in trouble with your family by persuading you that you should but I enjoy partying making new friends your missing out :tongue:

Im from India... which is why i applied to westminster and greenwich cos i read tat most of the asian choose tat uni... it was after applying tat i came to know abt them :frown: but northumbria n herts r not like tat.. both of the unis are listed as the top ten best unis for biotechnoogy with northumbria in 2nd place.... plus both the places seem safe....um i dint pay for five.. i saved one choice just incase u know...um its not like i dont want to party or anything... but drinking is a no-no...even if my folks say its ok to drink i would never...n besides parties are not about drinking alone :smile: yeah ur right partying is the best way to make friends...mmm lets see wat happens :smile:.... um r u doing ur A-levels now or are u on a gap year Nick ?:smile:
Well maybe it might be good them unis because u might feel more at home especially with like religions and no drinking etc? :smile: perhaps that's why my friends didn't rate it because it wasnt good partying and nightlife
Northumbria sounds a good one to go with if it's 2nd its really importnant to make your own choice but With the money your paying may aswell go to the best one cos there gonna go all there way to help you to pass where as over unis take your money do the lessons and don't really care what you score
No that's true u dont need to drink I just do :tongue: but if you can go out and not drink and party your awesome takes some kudos that does :tongue:
Hmmm kinda both I left college 2 1/2 years ago now I'm working towards a maths a level to boost my grades to get into a better uni :smile: and u?
Reply 114
Original post by MJay91
Oh dear, this was me last year. If you have any questions regarding the halls, I live in Manor Bank, been to Albion House, Glenamara, New Bridge Street, Camden Court, and Victoria Halls. Good luck with your applications!

I know your post was a while ago, but I deferred my entry last year so only getting round to doing the accommodation thing now! I was just wondering what you thought the feel was for each halls? Were some suited to quiter people/party harders? Would be very grateful for any other general useful info about the halls aswell!! Thank you! :smile:
Well maybe it might be good them unis because u might feel more at home especially with like religions and no drinking etc? :smile: perhaps that's why my friends didn't rate it because it wasnt good partying and nightlife
Northumbria sounds a good one to go with if it's 2nd its really importnant to make your own choice but With the money your paying may aswell go to the best one cos there gonna go all there way to help you to pass where as over unis take your money do the lessons and don't really care what you score
No that's true u dont need to drink I just do :tongue: but if you can go out and not drink and party your awesome takes some kudos that does :tongue:
Hmmm kinda both I left college 2 1/2 years ago now I'm working towards a maths a level to boost my grades to get into a better uni :smile: and u?

yeah... Greenwich isnt a place for ppl who want to party alot... the nightlife isnt tat great....yeah your right :smile: Im fine with both herts and Northumbria :cool: ..... lol ha ha i hope i can pull off my freshers week :smile: ..... oh okay... all the very best with ur A-levels Nick.. hope u get an A* :smile: ..... erm do u like Maths alot??
Hello guys,

If you are unsure on what university you are wanting to go to, why not attend an Open Day? Not just at Northumbria but at any of the Universities you apply for. It's a great way to see what the University is like, the atmosphere, the city, the facilities, the accommodation and it also gives you a chance to speak to current students.
If you are interested in an Open Day at Northumbria, keep checking this page http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/brochure/visit/el/open_day/ to find out more information :smile:

Hope this helps in some way.

Leanne
Original post by Northumbria

Original post by Northumbria
Hello guys,

If you are unsure on what university you are wanting to go to, why not attend an Open Day? Not just at Northumbria but at any of the Universities you apply for. It's a great way to see what the University is like, the atmosphere, the city, the facilities, the accommodation and it also gives you a chance to speak to current students.
If you are interested in an Open Day at Northumbria, keep checking this page http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/brochure/visit/el/open_day/ to find out more information :smile:

Hope this helps in some way.

Leanne

does the applicant open day give out any information that wasn't avalible at the other open days?
yeah... Greenwich isnt a place for ppl who want to party alot... the nightlife isnt tat great....yeah your right :smile: Im fine with both herts and Northumbria :cool: ..... lol ha ha i hope i can pull off my freshers week :smile: ..... oh okay... all the very best with ur A-levels Nick.. hope u get an A* :smile: ..... erm do u like Maths alot??

Haha everyone's so friendly at freshers you'll be fine you can look after the light weights :wink: awww thank you very much I hope I get an A* too :tongue: hope ure exams go well :smile: nooooo hate maths well at a level it's just so hard :redface:
Two conditional offers received today :smile: now to decide which course I prefer.
Business Information Systems
Information Technology for Management Business

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending