Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what is so special about apple?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StuAndMma)
    Just wondering what makes you think the hardware is poor?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justlol)
    How did that in anyway state that the hardware in a Mac is poor? Or in fact an iPhone?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How did that in anyway state that the hardware in a Mac is poor? Or in fact an iPhone?
    relatively poor, my dear
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    relatively poor, my dear
    4G capabilities: We don't have 4G in the UK.
    Higher-res camera: Resolution doesn't equal quality and the 4S matches it anyway.
    Removal battery/memory: So what?
    Non-WiFi video chat: Just download Skype on iPhone, sorted.

Honestly, that vid was the worst thing to use in an argument, and my original post wasn't even talking about the iPhone!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i use itunes and i have a ipod classic .. which i just got a while ago im very happy with it my old one died
    basically i just got it cause i had itunes already and apart from how low ( compared to dvds ) the itunes play volume is on my laptop and the ipod earphones .. its working grand

you have to be careful with it even leaving it surrounded by something soft and it seems to scratch does anyone else dislike the ipod earphones ?
    i know its user friendly .. but i could manage if it was harder no bother... other family members have ipods aswell so its just handy to store everything in itunes

i use a samsung galaxy s II ... so i :love: android
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonberry)
    Only 5 days late there pal
    i told the joke on the day he died too just not on here
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus2sik)
    extremely simple to replace a keyboard yourself, ive had a lg netbook for 4 years now, not once have i activated windows updates, i dont have any virus/spyware protection, but then again i dont download crap, ive never needed to replace the keyboard and the original battery still lasts 2 hours on full blast, you sir are an appphag
    You're missing the point rather. If I'd done it myself I'd have had to actually pay for the part. If you took your laptop back to it's manufacturer with a dead keyboard last year and asked them to replace it for you for free, they'd just have laughed at you. I also don't really want to take my laptop apart - I'm fine with changing HDDs/reinstalling OS/changing RAM, that kind of thing, but once I take the keyboard off I can start breaking stuff. How much does your laptop follow you around? Mine comes with me to college/uni pretty much every day and takes the abuse occurs with that kind of travel. It's an opinion, if you don't agree then you don't agree, but there's no need to insult me (I assume that's what you're doing?)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what makes you think the hardware is poor?
    Well, maybe I shouldn't have said it's poor. But it is very poor for the price you pay for, and I'm writing this of a Mac as well. Apple just target the people who want to be the cool kids with the mac and then the consumers always pull reasons such as "Oh it's so simple to use and never gets virus'" when really they're normally knobhead hipsters.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blacklistmember)
    Hai :hi:

Fellow 9gagger
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. Steve Jobs was no more of a 'genius' than Linus Torvalds or Larry Ellison, actually I'd go further and say that Torvalds deserves much more respect; he could have abused capitalism and exploited workers around the world but he chose not to.

People calling Steve Jobs a 'genius' really upsets me, the same people probably don't even know who Paul Dirac or Richard Feynman are. QQ
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What better way to compliment your bottle of Evian at the gym than with an Ipod. :rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidoo)
    Several reasons:

1) The brand in itself has reached the so called 'golden' status, up there with brands such as George Armani, Prada, Rolls-Royce, Rolex etc - You could say that part of what you are paying for is the apple logo not the technology.

2) Their customer service is second to none and by far the best out there for any electrical consumer products.

3) They are practical and solve peoples needs, you want a clear, easy to use and 'fun' interface - here use our (i)OS. You want a portable entertainment device - here have an Ipod touch. You want to listen to music on the go - Here have a shuffle/ipod. You want to do all of these at once and make calls? - HAVE AN IPHONE!

So basically to sum it up, they got their marketing and priorities right.
    Theyr not in the "goldon status" apple products are too common...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nihilum)
    Nothing. Steve Jobs was no more of a 'genius' than Linus Torvalds or Larry Ellison, actually I'd go further and say that Torvalds deserves much more respect; he could have abused capitalism and exploited workers around the world but he chose not to.

People calling Steve Jobs a 'genius' really upsets me, the same people probably don't even know who Paul Dirac or Richard Feynman are. QQ
    Steve was a marketing genius. He has never been responsible for the key technologies/design that have made Apple what they are today.

If Jobs was such a genius why did Apple suffer when he came back in the late 90's until 2002? One of his big unveiling was a partnership with microsoft. lol! big whoop.
    I had an iriver in 2001 before most ppl even knew what an mp3 was.
    apple were late to the game and have used the design talents of fellow briton john ives to become no1 along with several other strategies.

apple did well buy playing to the stupidity of the masses by offering huge storage space. why have 512 mb when you can have 30gb right?

his hollywood connections gave him a big advantage and sure enough u.s media was all about the ipod. most probably after the big media corps had bought up a big chunk of appl shares.

the yuppies sucking his ass now probably didnt even know who he was pre 2004/5. the fact is he was not a very nice man. he had to be like most megalomaniacs to be able to steer the ship where it needed to go.

he pronounced himself infertile when he fathered a girl. i guess it didn't fit in with his 'life plan'.

he's a douche.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's mostly marketing.

I personally do not care for Apple products, whilst how user friendly their products are is subjective, I find iTunes a complete embarrassment to the software development community, and iPhone has only slowly caught up (the 4S is FINALLY the same as high-end android phones).
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:

As the maker of both of these videos shows, it's quite easy to make either camp look like morons.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

How can anyone say that's not an object of beauty?
Updated: October 10, 2011
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.