Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Newcastle Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, people. Wondering if any of you can help me, I've validated my email address for accomodation, but now I can't get past that bit. I can't find a email contact for them so what am I not doing? xx
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzie9393)
    okk thanks, so if you wanted to do a bit more work first year you could? Yes I like the look of the course, the way you can do both physical and human, and I went to an open day the other week and really liked it...I just can't decide between there and Exeter
    I was at the open day doing the geogsoc talk choose Newcastle!!! Exeter is so expensive !
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me if I am right in thinking that accommodation applications wont be processed until after a have met the requirements of my conditional offer, even though I have accepted Newcastle as my firm choice?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pitt1988)
    Can anyone tell me if I am right in thinking that accommodation applications wont be processed until after a have met the requirements of my conditional offer, even though I have accepted Newcastle as my firm choice?
    Yeah that's right. If I remember rightly, it was late in the afternoon on results day that they emailed me my accomodation offer.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whyalwaysme)
    Yeah that's right. If I remember rightly, it was late in the afternoon on results day that they emailed me my accomodation offer.
    Nice one mate, cheers!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is somebody going to study Marketing at Newcastle uni?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mechanical engg....unconditional offer ....
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolz8)
    Mechanical engg....unconditional offer ....
    Well done I know someone doing a different engineering course at Newcastle and they love it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    @saullelle, yeah i am hopefully firmed it as the course looked really good.

Also can someone suggest to me what accommodation is best for a self catered en suite? Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone STILL waiting to hear? English lit and lang applicant here...I'm sure they're supposed to have replied by today?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for Combined Honours yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desertanium)
    I have, I had a conditional offer for Japanese with business, but that has been changed to unconditional now (i'm a mature student)

what have you applied to study?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep, History and Geography. Too scared to firm though!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxcaz_cxx)
    I have, I had a conditional offer for Japanese with business, but that has been changed to unconditional now (i'm a mature student)

what have you applied to study?
    Oh, that's great. Yeah, I will be studying English and History, hopefully. Do you know by any chance what my degree will say? I know it's a dumb question, but I am just curious.

Will it say, BA Combined Honours in English and History or just a simple BA Combined Honours?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    conditional for classical studies and english- really like the look of newcastle, and my dad is pushing for it (a proper geordie!), just not sure which to firm between Kings College London and Newcastle!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have Wanted to study English and History, now I want to throw Media in there as well for the first year
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's great. Yeah, I will be studying English and History, hopefully. Do you know by any chance what my degree will say? I know it's a dumb question, but I am just curious.

Will it say, BA Combined Honours in English and History or just a simple BA Combined Honours?
    It depends. If you study it 50/50, then it will be BA Combined Honours in English and History. If you do the major/minor route, say do more English than History, it will be BA Combined Honours in English with History. And vice versa.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

well it will depend on if you major in either.

If its equal it will be BA combined honours in english and history
    if english is your major it will say BA combined honours in english with history. or visa versa

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/combined/honours/structure/

have a look at the web page above. it probably explains it better than i just did haha!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Any opinions on Castle leazes, food basically edible, floor layout ok?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 5, 2013
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.