Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Nirvana86
Just got a conditional offer (Toefl Ibt 90 points) for the LLM in Environmental Regulation and Sustainable Development. Anyone else applied at the Law School?

I've firmed the LLb course :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Accounting and Finance Year 2 Entry in September! Already have a conditional offer of 60% overall in diploma I am doing at the moment. Anyone else will be studying Accounting?
Reply 442
Original post by Desertanium
Has anyone got an offer for Combined Honours yet?

Yup, AAB to study politics and psychology. Although I want to mix in media or sociology now just for the interest of it.

I'm trying to work out accomodation, but I'm terrified of making the wrong choice... :confused:
Reply 443
I applied for a postgraduate course. Do you how long I have to accept/reject the offer made by Newcastle University?
I applied for a postgraduate course. Do you how long I have to accept/reject the offer made by Newcastle University?

it should say on UCAS track once u receive a reply from all of your choices. but i think at this point it would be 30 june most probably
Reply 445
Original post by aeyurttaser13
it should say on UCAS track once u receive a reply from all of your choices. but i think at this point it would be 30 june most probably

I applied through the online university system cause it is a postgraduate course :wink:
I applied through the online university system cause it is a postgraduate course :wink:

ohh.. then i can't help since i have no idea :tongue: u can email them to be sure though :wink:
Reply 447
ohh.. then i can't help since i have no idea :tongue: u can email them to be sure though :wink:

Yep, I did it :wink: Cause I am waiting some other offers (I hope) but I don't want to loose my chance at Newcastle.
(edited 11 years ago)
Yep, I did it :wink: Cause I am waiting some other offers (I hope) but I don't want to loose my chance at Newcastle.

haha i see, gd luck :smile:
Original post by Shomo
Yup, AAB to study politics and psychology. Although I want to mix in media or sociology now just for the interest of it.

I'm trying to work out accomodation, but I'm terrified of making the wrong choice... :confused:

I have an unconditional for Combined Honours (English and History) - I'm also considering doing Media, because I've never done it before and it looks good :smile:

Also chose St Mary's as first choice accommodation :smile:
Reply 450
Firmed for Politics.

Any suggestions on accomodations? wheres everyone applying to?
Original post by coneill93
Firmed for Politics.

I think I put Windsor Terrace as my first choice, followed by Victoria Halls and Castle Court. Starting to think St Marys (6th choice) would have better as it's so cheap! Though really depends what type of accomodation you're looking for :redface:
Reply 452
Accepted an unconditional offer for Combined Honours (English Literature, Japanese and another still to be decided) and have applied for accommodation - Castle Court, Victoria Hall and Central Link (in that order) although Link was kinda expensive :s-smilie:
Original post by coneill93
Firmed for Politics.

i applied to castle court, windsor terrace, and castle leazes for en suite :smile: fingers crossed for castle court!
Reply 454
i applied to castle court, windsor terrace, and castle leazes for en suite :smile: fingers crossed for castle court!

I didn't get Castle court :redface: Did get my second preference though, windsor terrace

I don't realistically have any other option, but i've still not confirmed it. Just feel like doing a bit more research about Windsor Terrace :colondollar:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1884682&page=8&p=37714249#post37714249
(edited 11 years ago)
Ash, Windsor Terrace looks so nice! Though it's likely all unconditional offer holders will get it, I'm still holding out hope as I applied for accommodation the day it opened. :K:

Original post by Kat.Tales
Accepted an unconditional offer for Combined Honours (English Literature, Japanese and another still to be decided) and have applied for accommodation - Castle Court, Victoria Hall and Central Link (in that order) although Link was kinda expensive :s-smilie:

Yay, another Japanese student! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by -Taz-
I didn't get Castle court :redface: Did get my second preference though, windsor terrace

I don't realistically have any other option, but i've still not confirmed it. Just feel like doing a bit more research about Windsor Terrace :colondollar:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1884682&page=8&p=37714249#post37714249

damn, i think there goes my hopes for castle court then :tongue: now fingers crossed for any of the two, i dont mind, i just wanna end up in one of my preferences :smile: since my offer wud turn unconditional around 10th july (cz i do ib), i hope i can get windsor terrace or leazes, en suite :smile:
Reply 457
Just found out I've got Castle Court, haven't accepted it yet though - I'm waiting til tomorrow when I'm having a tour. Hopefully it'll be gooodd! :biggrin: I wish I was able to have a look round before I made my choices (I'm hoping I made the right decision :s-smilie: )
I have a conditional offer from Newcastle Uni to study Msc of International Marketing. I compared it with different universities such as Leeds or Exeter and found out that the degree provided by Newcastle is accredited by CIM. I dont have much information about CIM. Is this a good advantage of the course in Newcastle over the others? I am still considering to study there. There is only one thing that makes me feel hesitated, is the ranking of Newcastle business school (only 30). Please correct me if i make any wrong point here.
Many thanks,
Reply 459
hey, I applied for International Business Management, made my firm choice uni. Anyone doing the same? no? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending