The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by riversandroads93
haha I could imagine! I can't wait until I have my last exam on thursday, it'll be a huge weight off my shoulders, hopefully everything will go my way so that I end up at newcastle! :smile: I wish you all the best by the way, keep me updated about how things go, who knows, we might end up being course mates next year!

Wow, you must be so excited! lol I wish you the best as well and I hope we do end up course mates, however I've just received my final grade and I just missed my conditional offer :frown: I called Newcastle and they said that they'd put me in this pool of students in the same position as me and then reconsider my application. This all happens in August, so for now I just wait. It's gonna be a long two months! lol
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 481
Law candidates, what's your offer ( grades at A-levels) ? just interested
Original post by newinhere
Law candidates, what's your offer ( grades at A-levels) ? just interested

AAA
Original post by PurpleJazzHands
Wow, you must be so excited! lol I wish you the best as well and I hope we do end up course mates, however I've just received my final grade and I just missed my conditional offer :frown: I called Newcastle and they said that they'd put me in this pool of students in the same position as me and then reconsider my application. This all happens in August, so for now I just wait. It's gonna be a long two months! lol

Oh, sorry to hear about that! Hopefully you'll make it through the pool, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm sure that you'll be fortunate enough to end up with a place eventually. :smile: Yeah it is going to be a long 2 months, for the both of us really!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/262419170451797/

Potential students who have applied to Newcastle and are hoping to stay at Bowsden Court!!

I am the current Hall Rep of Bowsden Court!

Get Involved!

Hall Love,

Zain
How does everyone feel about their exams? I've finally just finished Biology, hopefully getting AAB to get up to Newcastle for History & Archaeology in September! Will be great to meet all of you!
Original post by riversandroads93
Oh, sorry to hear about that! Hopefully you'll make it through the pool, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm sure that you'll be fortunate enough to end up with a place eventually. :smile: Yeah it is going to be a long 2 months, for the both of us really!

Aw thanks. We'll see what happens lol. I hope your exams went well! :smile:
Reply 487
History

Local student, I have applied for Bowsden Court, Castle Court and Castle Leazes but I'm on the waiting list so I'll probably just stay at home :dontknow:
Reply 488
Anyone confirmed a place to do politics in September at Newcastle :smile:
just met the conditions of my offer today :smile: doing biomedical sciences in september :smile:
Original post by aeyurttaser13
just met the conditions of my offer today :smile: doing biomedical sciences in september :smile:

Well done :smile:
Original post by juliewho
Well done :smile:

thank you :smile: are you also going there this september?
thank you :smile: are you also going there this september?

I was hoping to for a different course, but I think I missed my offer. I know a few people from my school who are hoping to do biomed at Newcastle too though and it sounds like a great course, you must be so happy to know you definitely have a place!
Original post by juliewho
I was hoping to for a different course, but I think I missed my offer. I know a few people from my school who are hoping to do biomed at Newcastle too though and it sounds like a great course, you must be so happy to know you definitely have a place!

Aww :frown: i hope ur grades disprove you and u meet ur offer :smile:
Yep the course looked great and although it is tough, there is a transfer to medicine which i will try to get an interview for. If not then ill see if i still want to do medicine as a grad or if i want to continue a career as a biomedical scientist :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 494
i just met my insurance offer at newcastle! very excited :smile: does anyone know how long it would take for my offer to go unconditional/when do we get the halls of residence info? :biggrin: x
Reply 495

congrats! do you know which accommodation is the nearest to the biomed building?
Original post by Puloot
congrats! do you know which accommodation is the nearest to the biomed building?

i am not sure as im an international.. but from the map, if the school of biomedical sciences is located with the medical school building, then id say castle leazes, castle court, marris house, richardson road, and central link, are all very close ones.
if it isn't in the same place/buildings, then i dont know :tongue:
Original post by gonchanya
i just met my insurance offer at newcastle! very excited :smile: does anyone know how long it would take for my offer to go unconditional/when do we get the halls of residence info? :biggrin: x

i sent my results on Monday and i got my unconditional in UCAS today. i think your firm has to reject you first for Newcastle to accept you.
and about halls, in the accommodation guarantee, they wrote that ur guaranteed a place if newcastle uni is ur firm. so it might take until september for them to get back to you, im not sure. but usually soon after your offer goes unconditional, they offer you an accommodation hall.
Reply 498
i sent my results on Monday and i got my unconditional in UCAS today. i think your firm has to reject you first for Newcastle to accept you.
and about halls, in the accommodation guarantee, they wrote that ur guaranteed a place if newcastle uni is ur firm. so it might take until september for them to get back to you, im not sure. but usually soon after your offer goes unconditional, they offer you an accommodation hall.

yeppp got my unconditional literally 5 min after i wrote my first comment :smile: im going to keep checking the accommodation portal and hope i get it asap and don't have to wait so long!
Original post by gonchanya
yeppp got my unconditional literally 5 min after i wrote my first comment :smile: im going to keep checking the accommodation portal and hope i get it asap and don't have to wait so long!

haha great :smile: i emailed them a couple days ago about accommodation, they said they work on it right after you meet all the conditions and the offer goes unconditional, but it may take a few days or a few weeks. i hope we both dont have to wait long :biggrin:
what are you going to study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending