Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by bugsy12
Oh i see, wow how can the grades go down so much, what is this PARTNERS programme? That sounds way better can anyone do this?

Hey,
Visit here for info on Newcastle PARTNERS: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/partners/

Your school / college must be involved in PARTNERS and you must be predicted at least the PARTNERS offer. You also need to meet one of the criteria (in receipt of EMA, come from a low income postcode, etc). You can find the criteria here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/partners/support/who.phtml

If you're eligble, you attend the Summer School and complete the assessed work, then they will reduce your offer by two grades. :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Applied for Linguistics, had an offer for applicants open day on 14th december, anyone else going? :smile:
Reply 122
Got an unconditional (I've already got my A-Level results) offer for maths the other day. Really chuffed, Newcastle is definitely my first choice.
Reply 123
Anyone know if there is a tour of the uni happening in the next month or so?
Original post by ah.meh
Anyone know if there is a tour of the uni happening in the next month or so?

You might be invited to an offer holders open day at some point (I was), where they'll show you around and talk to you about the department, etc. Otherwise, I'm sure if you phone up/e-mail you'll be able to arrange something :smile:
Reply 125
Original post by hannahwhelan
You might be invited to an offer holders open day at some point (I was), where they'll show you around and talk to you about the department, etc. Otherwise, I'm sure if you phone up/e-mail you'll be able to arrange something :smile:

Ah cheers! well i was waiting for an invite, but its been a few weeks since my offer, i shall email them then!
Reply 126
Anyone had any offers for Geography/Geography & Planning etc?
Reply 127
Applied for Ancient History with deferred. I hope I get an offer, i've got my heart set on it!
Original post by annie127
offer for economics L100 - AAB :smile:

whats your predicted grades etc and what college are you from
Got an email from Newcastle Uni yesterday inviting me down to the open day + interview thing for Mechanical Engineering (BEng) :biggrin:

Looking forward to it! :bl:
offer for biomed! yess!
Reply 131
Interview for medicine yay :biggrin:
any offers for psychology yet? :s-smilie:
Anyone heard anything regarding Biomed (integrated masters)?? xXx
Reply 134
got an offer for media, communications and cultural studies - AAB sooo happy! Newcastle will be my firm choice :smile:
Reply 135
Haven't had any offers yet - but I got invited to the Computing Science admissions day which I'll be attending.

Here's a question to everybody - basically in the open days they offered to pay travel expenses. Would they be doing this to everybody? Or are they only mainly inviting people whom they are initially interested in down to the admissions day? Since surely if they invited everyone who applied, it would cost them a fortune? lol
Also, my tutor told me that they could potentially be using it to see which students will attend and are the most interested in going to the university and base offers on that? Dunno.
Can anybody shed light on this? Cheers
Got an offer for French and Spanish today - AAB. :biggrin:
Original post by Kya
Haven't had any offers yet - but I got invited to the Computing Science admissions day which I'll be attending.

Here's a question to everybody - basically in the open days they offered to pay travel expenses. Would they be doing this to everybody? Or are they only mainly inviting people whom they are initially interested in down to the admissions day? Since surely if they invited everyone who applied, it would cost them a fortune? lol
Also, my tutor told me that they could potentially be using it to see which students will attend and are the most interested in going to the university and base offers on that? Dunno.
Can anybody shed light on this? Cheers

They didn't offer to pay my travel expenses :dontknow: Maybe it's something to do with your household income?
Any Law offers? I sent mine on the 15th of November and not heard anything :frown:
hey, anyone here got an interview for dentistry??
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending