The Student Room Group

Being Pulled over by the cops

Has this happened to many other people? I went to pick my folks up from a party they'd been to, this was about 12.30am, everythings quiet, and Im one road away from my house, then I look in the mirror and there's flashing blue lights right up my arse flashing his headlights at me. I thought at first it was an emergency vehicle trying to get past, but it stopped right behind me. Fun **** lol...he was like "just a routine check, have you had any alcohol?" im like, naa, but I know these two have!!! Hence why Im picking them up... n he says "lol, well thats what having teenagers is for" to mum, n she goes "HE'S 17!!!!" Im like mum shut up....anyway, he's like ahhh okay ill let ya go then...ur just goin home yeh? "yeh" cya later...

lol. Good fun....but ****, to think how scary it would be if you were actually slightly over the limit...thankfully he didnt breathalise me but he definately would've if I'd been on my own. This happened to many people?? They seem to be all round the town on saturday nights n stuff. The wierdest thing was the car came out from nowhere...and also it was like right next to my house, you really wouldnt expect a copcar to come down here. :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Wow. That was unlucky and rare. You're white right?
Reply 2
Tim Kabel
...Good fun....but ****, to think how scary it would be if you were actually slightly over the limit...thankfully he didnt breathalise me but he definately would've if I'd been on my own...

So what if you were slightly over the limit? You would get exactly what you deserve for driving when you're not physically able to.

Anyway, wonder why he decided to pull you over - seems a bit weird for them to do it just to check.
Reply 3
i have been pulled over 7 times since i began driving nearly a year ago!!! when i first passed my test i had a saxo and i think the police see it as a bit of a boy - racer vehicle. so that's why i was pulled but now i have no idea. i'm a really good driver and would never drink/ take anything and drive. it's just stupid. i feel so offended though, just because i am young doesn't mean i should be constantly treated with suspicion.
at 12:30 am... there are very few cars on the road. If you are a new driver, the police are likely to interpret your cautious driving as someone pretending not to be drunk. In some towns, something like 40% of cars passing through (exclusing taxis) have drink drivers behind the wheel. scary thought. This cop was just doing his job, trying to keep people safe.
I have no sympathy for drink drivers at all, selfish shitheads the lot of them. You are driving a tonne of metal at speeds of over 40mph, YOU NEED your facultys about you. You are recklessly endangering everyone around you; hence why the courts take such a dim view.
Tim Kabel
lol. Good fun....but ****, to think how scary it would be if you were actually slightly over the limit.

Not scary at all.
The drunken driver would be taken to court and lose his license.
That has got to be a good thing.
Reply 6
When my dad accidently went through a red light at 40mph thus writing off two cars in the process and closing a road the police said to my dad there was no point on doing a breath test because it was obvious he had not been drinking.

At the interview at the station the police said the junction was so bad its very easy to do if you don't know the area so they let him off.

The joke is two years later he gets 3 points for going 3mph over the speed limit! Stupid cameras.
Reply 7
Multiplexed
Wow. That was unlucky and rare. You're white right?

:rofl:

cos white people never get pulled over :rolleyes:
Reply 8
AT82

The joke is two years later he gets 3 points for going 3mph over the speed limit! Stupid cameras.

What was the speed limit?
Reply 9
30mph it was on the way back from my uncles funeral, he had been driving 60mph down all these country lanes and suddenly he hit a town in north Lancashire an area where my dad never really drives.
Reply 10
I got pulled once, which was actually really scary, because I'd only just passed my test and was bricking it trying to think what I'd done wrong. It turned out that they were doing "routine maintenance checks" or something and he'd thought he saw a piece of metal sticking out from one of my wheels, even though there was nothing at all there.

I've seen them out and about and breathalysing people when I've been driving late at night (to pick up my parents etc) but I've never been stopped then.
This happened to me one night on the way home from work - Luckily I hadn't had a drink that night! Phew
The police are totally crap, They took 2days to get back to me when I reported that my car had been broken into and my stereo stolen, then they wanted to come around and fingerprint it... 2 days later! bit late by then as i'd already washed it, cleaned it etc.

THEN after that phone call the ***** pulled me over 6times in 5 days... !!
and I hadnt been stopped in a car previous to that for about 2years.

within those 6 times I got pulled over once going down into town to pick up some friends who were getting grief from some tourists and they pulled me over shoved me in the back of the van and started filling out charge sheets and things, telling me how much it'd cost when my car was impounded and all this stuff as they thought I was drinkdriving...
but they hadnt even tested me, by this time I started getting irritated with them and started taking the piss as I hadn't had anything to drink, i was just in town late...
by the time they got a breathaliser to me and I blew clear, i didnt even get an apology!

I heard that if you are drink driving and get pulled over... all you have to do is drink something alcoholic in front of them and they cant get you for it. Said that you'll probably get put in a cell till the morning or you have to walk all the way home.
I honestly didn't think people get pulled over here in the UK. I've lived in London now for about 4 years nearly and I've seen more people get pulled over in one night in Houston than I have in 4 years in London.

They're everywhere in the US. They follow you around, driving right behind you for ages, waiting for you to make one silly mistake. And since you get a little nervous with a cop behind you, it can easily happen.

I've been pulled over probably about 10 times from the age of 15 to almost 18. And pretty much all of the times were for doing something stupid. The only time I was pulled over for nothing was when I had a friend in the car, and she looked very young, but wasn't (she was in her 20's). In Houston, there is a 12 o'clock curphew for under 17's and the cop thought she was younger than that. She was british so didn't have any normal ID to prove her age, but luckily had her passport. The only problem was my insurance ran out and my license had been suspended (other driving tickets) was busted.

I admit, I was wrong. Can't really defend myself. The one time I REALLY was doing something wrong, the cops let me go. I was pulled over for blasting around another car and getting on the motorway. Not really speeding, but driving a little recklessly. I had some weed in the car, some rolling papers and a little glass pipe. The cop could smell the weed, found the papers and so put me and my friend in cuffs. I was scared sh*tless. He asked where the weed was, or they were going to get the canine unit to come in and find it and in the process, rip the entire interior of my car out. So I told him it was hidden under the back seat. He couldn't find it at first, but ripped the seat up a little and found it. He asked if there was anything else in the car, and I told him about the pipe. He then took me to his car and showed about 3 other almost identical pipes he had found that same night.

He then told me he was going to let me go, even though I had almost an oz of weed. He said to stop hanging out with the other guy, because he was a bad influence :biggrin: lol. He only said that because he was Mexican and I was white. But the cop was black so it was a little wierd.

But anyway, I got lucky. I no longer do any drugs at all, simply due to moments like that are a little too close.
Reply 15
larchitecturel
I heard that if you are drink driving and get pulled over... all you have to do is drink something alcoholic in front of them and they cant get you for it. Said that you'll probably get put in a cell till the morning or you have to walk all the way home.

Not true, they just have to wait 15 mins for the alcohol to be absorbed into your system, then breathalyse you - you're just delaying the inevitable really.
Reply 16
well actually, 12.30 am saturday night, there's likely to be people razzing home from parties etc having had a few, wilmslow was CRAWLING with police cars that night...you just don't think its gunna happen to you lol. It was overall a fun experience...but god help anyone who drink drives!!
I've never been pulled over. My sister was pulled over for not having her lights on while driving through town at night. I'm still using that as ammunition against her.
I've never been pulled over but I get so nervous whenever there is a police car following me, just in case I'm doing something wrong without realising.
Reply 19
Tim Kabel
... n he says "lol, well thats what having teenagers is for" to mum

Did the policeman really say lol? :p:

My mum's been driving for years, but even now when she sees a policecar in her mirrors, if she's done nothing wrong, driving at the speed limit, seatbelt on, everything, will still turn into the first side road she sees!

Latest

Trending

Trending